Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lazybum9

Our 1st Home...

are DBSS bound by the same set of rules? or they have a different kind of regulations since they are like "hybrid" of EC and HDB?

They do have different kind of rules and regulation just like The Premiere @Tampines and City View @Boon Keng. This u can find in the HDB website for reno guidelines Guidelines

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i agree. since it's built by private developer, better check with them directly.

my guess is, lazybum will have a good chance of installing better induction hob...... :P

btw i forgot, why you wanna replace your gas hob huh?

Oh cos wifey don't like to use gas hob..anyway we plan to get domino so tt can save space and hav more space on the kitchen top..

this opennet thing is driving me nuts...i got my terminal point(TP) installed in my DB box which i thought supposed to be near tv / telephone points in living room...so decided to run cat6 cables from DB box to living room until someone told me that's not required as the 2 circles boxes in the pic is meant to connect to servicer provider's network termination equipment...i opened up the right box and insider has a splitter distributing signals to different tv points in the house so rightfully I can connect the network termination eqiupment to that box and my rest of tv points in the house would be enabled with high speed connection right??? picture009sd.jpg

i emailed opennet to confirm on this...and below are their replies...

this one doesn't answer any of my question man...

Thank you for your email.

The fibre-optic services from RSPs (SingTel/StarHub/M1) provides HD enhancement to the TV and ultra-speed internet.

In order to enjoy the HD enhancement feature, you will need a physical connection from the Network Termination Equipment to the TV itself. Whereas for the ultra-speed internet, it will be wireless. Thus, it will not be an issue as you will receive the signal anywhere in the unit.

Regarding the relocation of TP, it will be chargeable at S$220 before GST for High-Rise and S$450 before GST for landed.

Have a nice day.

Hence emailed back to emphasize on my question and some days later, another reply...

You will be able to enjoy the HD enhancement for TV if you connect the TP to the Splitter which distribute signals to the TV points.

13 days later and this seems to be the answer i'm looking for but...opennet don't seem to know much about their own stuffs...which makes me wonder if i should trust this source... :( i don't think i can connect the TP to the splitter as per the 2nd email reply...thought still need the service provider's network termination equipment between the TP and splitter??? :dunno: i seriously need help here to understand this opennet thing man...

with the design of my main gate, i'm still cracking my head how to secure my place when reno is ongoing... :bangwall: no way to use padlock and chain...

dscf3975.jpg

with the design of my main gate, i'm still cracking my head how to secure my place when reno is ongoing... :bangwall: no way to use padlock and chain...

dscf3975.jpg

what you mean? why you can't use padlock?

If you checkout the hinges in the picture I would guess the gate hinges on the left and the small and big sections are also connected by hinge so the gate opens on the right next to the gate frame. As there are no holes in the gate frame the gate cannot be secured to it.

Padlock and chain between the gate and door handle if you have one of the loop types on the front door. The gate opens out and the door would usually open in so they would pull against each other with a chain linking them.

Bottom line though is that it is up to your ID to work out access for his workers and he is responsible during the renovation process for securing the property. If they need to be on site every day to let workers in then that is what they need to do.

Our gate was padlocked but some workers wrote the number on the wall by the front door.... :bangwall:8| . We had words with our ID and it never happened again.

RB

this opennet thing is driving me nuts...i got my terminal point(TP) installed in my DB box which i thought supposed to be near tv / telephone points in living room...so decided to run cat6 cables from DB box to living room until someone told me that's not required as the 2 circles boxes in the pic is meant to connect to servicer provider's network termination equipment...i opened up the right box and insider has a splitter distributing signals to different tv points in the house so rightfully I can connect the network termination eqiupment to that box and my rest of tv points in the house would be enabled with high speed connection right??? picture009sd.jpg

i emailed opennet to confirm on this...and below are their replies...

this one doesn't answer any of my question man...

The fibre-optic services from RSPs (SingTel/StarHub/M1) provides HD enhancement to the TV and ultra-speed internet.

In order to enjoy the HD enhancement feature, you will need a physical connection from the Network Termination Equipment to the TV itself. Whereas for the ultra-speed internet, it will be wireless. Thus, it will not be an issue as you will receive the signal anywhere in the unit.

Regarding the relocation of TP, it will be chargeable at S$220 before GST for High-Rise and S$450 before GST for landed.

Have a nice day.

Hence emailed back to emphasize on my question and some days later, another reply...

You will be able to enjoy the HD enhancement for TV if you connect the TP to the Splitter which distribute signals to the TV points.

13 days later and this seems to be the answer i'm looking for but...opennet don't seem to know much about their own stuffs...which makes me wonder if i should trust this source... :( i don't think i can connect the TP to the splitter as per the 2nd email reply...thought still need the service provider's network termination equipment between the TP and splitter??? :dunno: i seriously need help here to understand this opennet thing man...

Ok, you have my reply to this in the other thread but, what I think you need to realise is that Opennet supports the fibre to the door and the TP. From the TP to the TV is your providers responsibility so Starhub, M1 or Singnet. You really need to ask them rather than opennet.

RB

May, see below pic...my gate swings out from the right...next to it is the door frame le, no place for me to use padlock...

dscf3975n.jpg

If you checkout the hinges in the picture I would guess the gate hinges on the left and the small and big sections are also connected by hinge so the gate opens on the right next to the gate frame. As there are no holes in the gate frame the gate cannot be secured to it.

Padlock and chain between the gate and door handle if you have one of the loop types on the front door. The gate opens out and the door would usually open in so they would pull against each other with a chain linking them.

Bottom line though is that it is up to your ID to work out access for his workers and he is responsible during the renovation process for securing the property. If they need to be on site every day to let workers in then that is what they need to do.

Our gate was padlocked but some workers wrote the number on the wall by the front door.... :bangwall:8| . We had words with our ID and it never happened again.

RB

i have not spoken to ID of this matter yet...thought of delivering some appliances towards the end of the reno but with this issue, think will only take delivery after all my reno fully completed and unit handed over back to me...

Ok, you have my reply to this in the other thread but, what I think you need to realise is that Opennet supports the fibre to the door and the TP. From the TP to the TV is your providers responsibility so Starhub, M1 or Singnet. You really need to ask them rather than opennet.

RB

i did checked with singtel and they do provide cabling and trunking if needed...quite exp laying of cables + trunking...so i decided to lay and conceal cat6 from my DB box to livingrm...do let me know on your side...thanks... :D

May, see below pic...my gate swings out from the right...next to it is the door frame le, no place for me to use padlock...

dscf3975n.jpg

oh i see.... your door is so special... hahahah..... how does everyone in your floor does it?

oh i see.... your door is so special... hahahah..... how does everyone in your floor does it?

some units have the small sections on the right so they can use padlock...smart designer dunno why wanna have 2 diff designs for the gates...so far those like my case hand over either the main door or gate key to ID, after reno plan to change the lock for security reason...

some units have the small sections on the right so they can use padlock...smart designer dunno why wanna have 2 diff designs for the gates...so far those like my case hand over either the main door or gate key to ID, after reno plan to change the lock for security reason...

then what are you going to do? change lock too??

then what are you going to do? change lock too??

met a locksmith on sunday when he was installing padlock for my neighbour...he also scoffed at the gate design...never seen such clever ones before...anyway he told me ~$70 to change lock, for better quality ones ~$100...think that's abit on the high side...but that seems to be my only option...unless someone can help to enlighten on my plight...