Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lazybum9

Our 1st Home...

last but not least is the dining chairs...wifey loves this chair alot...so much that we got 5, 1 as study room chair...

besides getting so many stuffs for the day, what makes me :D is the price we paid for them...cool $2700 for the lot of items...i think it's a steal man...don't think i can find such good deal elsewhere le so confirmed though we still got sanctuary dian to visit...we actually did visit dian but they were closed on thursdays & fridays...lazy to make another trip down and furthermore the building where dian is located in is out-of-this-world man...passenger lift spoilt...cargo lift is manned by old uncle who got to pull shut the doors... :good: where to find this nowadays man...

hahaha. i admit the cargo lift was scary.. the old uncle wasnt around when we were there so we had to pull the lift ourselves :P

jln ampas is very near to boon keng.. but the location is really abit ulu :P

Edited by reglxt

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
today went to song cho to get the multi-purpose towel rack...2 racks cost >$300...installation will cost another $50 man...

single towel bar for common toilet

photoez.jpg

double towel bar for MBR toilet

photo2yz.jpg

planning to get the horizontal bar to hang stuffs...song cho staff do provide site measurements and will recommend which items suitable to be installed...

photo3va.jpg

y don install yrself? or get yr contractor to fix it up for u? juz drilling of a few holes only..

y don install yrself? or get yr contractor to fix it up for u? juz drilling of a few holes only..

ya i'm planning to get my contractor to install...i told them i will kiv the installation by them when i checked out...showed salesman the dismayed look when he told me $50, further explained that they will use a device to scan the walls to ensure that water pipes & wires will not be behind before drilling hence $50...

ya i'm planning to get my contractor to install...i told them i will kiv the installation by them when i checked out...showed salesman the dismayed look when he told me $50, further explained that they will use a device to scan the walls to ensure that water pipes & wires will not be behind before drilling hence $50...

:D :D

pls ask him don BS!

They are talking about using an electronic wire/stud/pipe detector which is an inexpensive tool which most plumbers and handymen have; even some home diy types have them. It helps detect metal behind a surface so you avoid drilling into electrical wires or water/gas pipes. I'm surprised they make this sound like expensive rocket science, it isn't. They should not charge you for this IMHO.

actually i thought your white solid top looks good... why wanna change leh? anyway i think red is totally out... black is better :)

oh cos we changing the gas hob to induction hob...so cannot use back the existing solid top...

i got all my furniture from Hommage too. :)

Eric or his wife should know my name liao. Went down a couple of times.

how's ur progress bro???

today started on tiling...

dscf4480h.jpg

went up to see the WM base specifically to ensure the base is dimensionally correct as i can only fit the WM after the pipe, but tiler took WM's depth starting from wall, instead of pipe...heng cement still wet, took some tiles out and added the small row...

dscf4496x.jpg

and plastic trap was at the top, exposed...didn't like it there so asked tiler to conceal it under...

now u see it...

dscf4490a.jpg

now u don't...the tile is just put on top of the trap but don't think will touch it anymore as WM will sit on it...

dscf4492.jpg

loved the tile colour... :yeah: now think black solid top is better than red...don't u agree???

dscf4481j.jpg

today started on tiling...

dscf4480h.jpg

went up to see the WM base specifically to ensure the base is dimensionally correct as i can only fit the WM after the pipe, but tiler took WM's depth starting from wall, instead of pipe...heng cement still wet, took some tiles out and added the small row...

dscf4496x.jpg

and plastic trap was at the top, exposed...didn't like it there so asked tiler to conceal it under...

now u see it...

dscf4490a.jpg

now u don't...the tile is just put on top of the trap but don't think will touch it anymore as WM will sit on it...

dscf4492.jpg

loved the tile colour... :yeah: now think black solid top is better than red...don't u agree???

dscf4481j.jpg

ya, agree black looks better

red abit off

in my previous place, we gotten solid top as well - do note that you are not suppose to place anything hot on solid surface esp. black solid top , the color will change

maybe the one i gotten cannot withstand high temp

Edited by reglxt

ya, agree black looks better

red abit off

in my previous place, we gotten solid top as well - do note that you are not suppose to place anything hot on solid surface esp. black solid top , the color will change

maybe the one i gotten cannot withstand high temp

thx for sharing...i will check with willie on mine...

dscf4481j.jpg

i'm going to reselect my kitchen tiles tmr...

i might just pick the similar kind as yours...

including the kitchen cabinet laminate... :P

i'm going to reselect my kitchen tiles tmr...

i might just pick the similar kind as yours...

including the kitchen cabinet laminate... :P

agree

the laminate and floor tiles looks good :good:

Hi Lazybum,

Just a few points to note on the trap.... I was informed that HDB rules now ask for the cover of the trap to extend in to the pipe to make sure the water flows directly to the pipe and does not splash against the concrete. The tile on top, if I understand correctly what has been done as you have no pictures under the tile) will not be supported in the centre and will most likely break is a heavy weight is put on it (washing machine foot etc). Just be careful getting the appliances in. Lastly, the small gap around the tile is likely to get clogged with dust / hair / general kitchen stuff after a while. As the trap will be under the washing machine I am guessing you will not be able to clean it so easily.

Sims do some nice concealed traps in a variety of colours but as there was no 'neck' to force the waste water in to the pipe underneath we ended up having to not get them.

RB