Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lazybum9

Our 1st Home...

i have not spoken to ID of this matter yet...thought of delivering some appliances towards the end of the reno but with this issue, think will only take delivery after all my reno fully completed and unit handed over back to me...

Again, let the ID work out how to secure. Be there to open for the first time and then they can padlock the way they want. The padlocks they supply are usually combination and they pass the combination to the workers as needed. When finished then the padlock is removed and you can use your normal keys. No issues with security as no-one but you ever has the keys. Make sure the ID gives the code to you too so you can open for delivery if you have stuff coming before the reno completes.

Obviously don't store anything of value there if you can help it. I have my projector delivered and to my shock, the delivery people called and told me they were inside and had left it for me and locked up again. They fiddled with the lock and were able to open it. As there is nothing of value inside (I collected the projector and took to my old apartment) it was not really a big deal. Until the keys are handed back over it is the ID companies responsibility to secure and pay for any damages if someone gets in.

RB

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm getting my keys 2 weeks from now. my floorplan is a C2 plan. anyone done any reno to a C2 or C2A units yet?

I'm on 29th floor, Blk 7.

Ethan.

why is ur key collection scheduled so late??? Thought CVers all gotten their keys???

Finally after 2 months of searching, today i confirmed my renovation to be done by...Willie from Room For Ideas Pte Ltd...thanks to all for providing help (their various IDs/contractors contacts) to me to search for the right one...imo all of them are good professionals, some of them are responsive and responsible to hand in quotes as promised dates which i really appreciate alot (and is an important factor to award contract too)...ultimately it's the bottomline that decides it all...

Met up with Willie to select kitchen tiles at hup kiong...really too many tiles and also don't know how to choose...took 45mins just to choose only 1 kitchen tile...can't imagine if i got to choose whole hse tiles...phew...too engrossed in choosing that we forgot to take photo of final choice... :bangwall: now got to headache over laminates for console, vanity cabinets, study table & cabinets...

Finally after 2 months of searching, today i confirmed my renovation to be done by...Willie from Room For Ideas Pte Ltd...thanks to all for providing help (their various IDs/contractors contacts) to me to search for the right one...imo all of them are good professionals, some of them are responsive and responsible to hand in quotes as promised dates which i really appreciate alot (and is an important factor to award contract too)...ultimately it's the bottomline that decides it all...

Met up with Willie to select kitchen tiles at hup kiong...really too many tiles and also don't know how to choose...took 45mins just to choose only 1 kitchen tile...can't imagine if i got to choose whole hse tiles...phew...too engrossed in choosing that we forgot to take photo of final choice... :bangwall: now got to headache over laminates for console, vanity cabinets, study table & cabinets...

hahahaa... i just passed that stage of choosing tiles and laminate.... and my laminate is not totally done yet as there is still a wardrobe in guest room that i have yet to decide..... :P

So be prepared to spend at least 3-4 sessions of 3-4 hrs to choose laminate.

bring the catalogue home slowly decide

I think for around 2-3weeks :Pp

Hi lazybum9,

Have been following your t-blog. thanx 4 sharing. :)

But 1 question... why do you need to lay kitchen tiles? Isn't this already done for your flat?

hahahaa... i just passed that stage of choosing tiles and laminate.... and my laminate is not totally done yet as there is still a wardrobe in guest room that i have yet to decide..... :P

So be prepared to spend at least 3-4 sessions of 3-4 hrs to choose laminate.

bring the catalogue home slowly decide

I think for around 2-3weeks :Pp

wah can keep so long their catalogue ah??? we target to clear the laminate tml... :lol: sit down at new hse, visualise the end result... :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by lazybum9

Hi lazybum9,

Have been following your t-blog. thanx 4 sharing. :)

But 1 question... why do you need to lay kitchen tiles? Isn't this already done for your flat?

cos the new tiles selected by developer's designer sucks big time... :bleah: can't stand the dirty orange look which makes the floor dirty...hence we decided that has to go...so overlay over existing tiles to save cost on hacking...

dscf3846.jpg

wah can keep so long their catalogue ah??? we target to clear the laminate tml... :lol: sit down at new hse, visualise the end result... :sport-smiley-003:

my contractor don't allowed me to keep loh. or else i will keep for 2-3 weeks leh.... like tiles, have sample that can keep as long as possible. :(

We went around seeing many furniture over the past weeks...from west to east...from IFC, OM, Massimmo, Navinzi, Lush to Hommage...on few occasions nearly fished out my credit card but knowing that there's still another shop to visit, managed to fend off sales tactic like "today's sale price is last day or for this weekend only"...and zoomz off we go, kiv-ing the potential model...(fyi, 1 shop so called promotion price for that particular weekend lasted for many weeks when i noticed their newspapers advert...:bleah:)

With the reno starting soon, it's time to confirm our furniture as we need to customise our sofa to maximise space...yesterday dropped by Hommage to look see...they have shifted a few shops away to 5 & 6 Tai Thong Crescent...spoke to boss, Eric of our design and amongst piles of catalogues, he showed us picture of similar design...knows the catalogues at the back of his mind man...

will be full leather and seating cushion is just 1 piece...we were choosing between L-shape or ottoman...Eric advised for variations, ottoman is good choice...

photo5y.jpg

wifey chose round side table to go with the sofa...below can still put rubbish magazines :D ...

photo3jq.jpg

initial plan for dining table is supposed to be like this...idea was from a fellow forummer...

81494892.jpg

but if families come over for a meal then not enough seating le...so got to scrap this floating table idea and looking for extendable table...1st saw extendable table at ikea, thought that's a done deal le till...Eric shows us some tables...we picked this design with black tempered glass...

photosz.jpg

was abit concerned on whether the extended glass can hold with just the screw-in design but Eric guarantee no issue...so gotta trust him for that...

photo2rb.jpg

last but not least is the dining chairs...wifey loves this chair alot...so much that we got 5, 1 as study room chair...

photo4xry.jpg

besides getting so many stuffs for the day, what makes me :D is the price we paid for them...cool $2700 for the lot of items...i think it's a steal man...don't think i can find such good deal elsewhere le so confirmed though we still got sanctuary dian to visit...we actually did visit dian but they were closed on thursdays & fridays...lazy to make another trip down and furthermore the building where dian is located in is out-of-this-world man...passenger lift spoilt...cargo lift is manned by old uncle who got to pull shut the doors... :good: where to find this nowadays man...

Edited by lazybum9

Ya, eric is very nice person..... i haven't go and custom made my dining chairs yet.

did u get rugs from him???we forgot to see at the shop...