Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nayli07

Wta: How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In My Car :(

Hi all,

Really needed help here.. Recently i found that my car has become a heaven to cockroaches.

My kids love eating in the car and i think thats the cause of it and i have forbid them from doing so but the problem is, the pest is still there eventhou ive clean the interior. Is they any other way that i can get rid of these uninvited guest forever. Pls, pls help coz i hv like 5 kids in the car and they are super scared.

Thks..

Terrify mum.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Really needed help here.. Recently i found that my car has become a heaven to cockroaches.

My kids love eating in the car and i think thats the cause of it and i have forbid them from doing so but the problem is, the pest is still there eventhou ive clean the interior. Is they any other way that i can get rid of these uninvited guest forever. Pls, pls help coz i hv like 5 kids in the car and they are super scared.

Thks..

Terrify mum.

Solution --- placed a bundle of Pandan leaves in the car! Sometimes you will notice Taxi uncles placed these leaves in their taxis.

I used to place these leaves in the kitchen cabinet too.

Hi Mae,

Sorry but i forgot to include that ive tried this two method. 1. Place pandan leaves >Result> cockroach still there n the smell overPowered till me myslf got headache while driving. 2. Bought this so called a cockroach killer from NTUC its like a tiny little balls that u hv to place them in the car, so that it can bring back to the nest n killed the others (haha) but >Result> after two days i started cleaning them up coz too afraid that my curious kids would just pick n eat. Its better be safe then sorry. And so far only this two ways ive tried. Therefore seeking for other effective and safe method(s).

Hi Mae,

Sorry but i forgot to include that ive tried this two method. 1. Place pandan leaves >Result> cockroach still there n the smell overPowered till me myslf got headache while driving. 2. Bought this so called a cockroach killer from NTUC its like a tiny little balls that u hv to place them in the car, so that it can bring back to the nest n killed the others (haha) but >Result> after two days i started cleaning them up coz too afraid that my curious kids would just pick n eat. Its better be safe then sorry. And so far only this two ways ive tried. Therefore seeking for other effective and safe method(s).

Last month, while I was shopping at Toa Payoh hub, came across this stall selling packet of 'pieces of woods' which said to keep insects away. Not sure of the name of these woods, but I can snap a picture of the package tomorrow if I got time.

I place some in this small pinky pouch near our service balcony where windows are opened most of the time.

grq4_534_uc4it.jpg

grq4_c16_uc4it.jpg

Ңį Ңųįђųį, 

į'vę ţŗįęd ţђę ƥąŋdąŋ ɭęąvęş dęąŗ.. βųţ şţįɭɭ dųŋ wǫŗķ ƒǫŗ ɱę  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mąę,

Ţђķş.. Ңǫƥę į çǫųɭd ţŗƴ ǫųţ ţђǫşę wǫǫdş ţђąţ ų ɱęŋţįǫŋ. ✌

☻♥☻

/█\/█\

.||. .| |. ♥

Last month, while I was shopping at Toa Payoh hub, came across this stall selling packet of 'pieces of woods' which said to keep insects away. Not sure of the name of these woods, but I can snap a picture of the package tomorrow if I got time.

I place some in this small pinky pouch near our service balcony where windows are opened most of the time.

grq4_534_uc4it.jpg

grq4_c16_uc4it.jpg

This is the packing of the wooden blocks...with the contact numbers avaialble. If I remembered correctly, it was sold at $5 per pack.

grq4_74c_uc4it.jpg

Mae- thks alot i will try n col thm up soon. Hope this will be the last solution to my prob.. °\(ッ)/°

I just called the number in West zone and they are delivering 5 packets to me this afternoon.

There is minimum order of 10 packs for free delivery, but I told him I am not in a hurry & he can deliver to my anytime. Furthermore, I have told him I am recommending this to forumers here....so, he accepts my order of 5 packs free delivery.

You can call & tell him you are from renotalk...recommended by Linda.

I just called the number in West zone and they are delivering 5 packets to me this afternoon.

There is minimum order of 10 packs for free delivery, but I told him I am not in a hurry & he can deliver to my anytime. Furthermore, I have told him I am recommending this to forumers here....so, he accepts my order of 5 packs free delivery.

You can call & tell him you are from renotalk...recommended by Linda.

I have just received the 5 packets.

Where are you staying? I am at Pandan Gardens and if you are nearby, I can give you one packet to put in the car as I know you don't need so many packets. Can pm me?

Edited by mae29

Hi Mae,

Nayli07, I guess most of the methods as mentioned do you some relief, but can't eliminate all eggs if there is presence in your car. Firstly if you have successfully removed the food source, the roaches will likely find somewhere else to go.

i believe pandan leaves are your best bet, or the small sticky stuff that traps cockroaches u can buy from supermarts but i have a female friend and what she does is actually just stash a odourless pesticide in the car and just spray the bugger if its appears so i think that's the best already

I went to a carshop to do the total disinfection and cleaning of the car. took about 6 hours.

baby cockroaches still appear a few weeks later. the garage did say they cannot eliminate the eggs...

while the golden rule is no food in the car, but with a toddler how?

then i am now trying those super sticker that attracts and sticks these b*st*rds. lets see if it works...

First time I saw the cockroaches here in Singpaore i was shocked. Even more so when i found them in my car when nobody eats in it.

My home country - even if you cook inside, nothing alive willcome in on its own..