Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
emobebe

4rm Hdb Resale Flat - Reno Ideas And Costs

Sorrie ya, I am a bit "idiot"on reading floor plan...LOL

Is there any wall in between your windows at the living room? Or whole stretch are windows and you build half height TV Console?

The storeroom in your kitchen is originally there or you build it?

So, when you start your renovation? Can upload your photos here?

I am still waiting for 1st and 2nd appointment date from HDB. Meanwhile, still looking around. A lot of PM messages suggesting their own companies but I think I will go for those who have references here and if possible, I can see their workmanship on site.

EmoBebe

My floor plan is almost the same as urs.

Whole living room is a big square with no walls in btween.... that tv console wall is what i plan to add on.

Original storeroom is between bedroom 2 and 3 which I am going to make into a walkin wardrobe for bedroom 2.

So I am going to construct another storeroom at the kitchen since the kitchen is big enough for that.

I have no idea when I am going to start work cause I am trying to sell my own unit now to finance this reno.

Already got 2 companies to come over to the house to view and waiting for detail quote. Those who I've emailed for quotation but just reply to what i want and never follow up with me I will give them a miss cause customer service is not there.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My floor plan is almost the same as urs.

Whole living room is a big square with no walls in btween.... that tv console wall is what i plan to add on.

Original storeroom is between bedroom 2 and 3 which I am going to make into a walkin wardrobe for bedroom 2.

So I am going to construct another storeroom at the kitchen since the kitchen is big enough for that.

I have no idea when I am going to start work cause I am trying to sell my own unit now to finance this reno.

Already got 2 companies to come over to the house to view and waiting for detail quote. Those who I've emailed for quotation but just reply to what i want and never follow up with me I will give them a miss cause customer service is not there.

Oh I see. I have asked a few IDs for quotations. Here is the summary but none met my expectation.

1) Innerview - ID too busy to meet up with me. She sms me said that she emailed the quotation and then no follow up.

2) *** - ID is a friendly person and offered to show us his project at one of the condos here. Went to view yesterday but found workmanship poor. Sighs..a bit disappointment. Quotation is a bit high too.

3) The Line - ID told me she will get back to me one month later cos I don't even have my first and second HDB appts yet.

I guess I have to keep on looking for the right ID.

Maybe at the end, I will do my own design and get a contractor to carry out my plan.

EmoBebe

Oh I see. I have asked a few IDs for quotations. Here is the summary but none met my expectation.

1) Innerview - ID too busy to meet up with me. She sms me said that she emailed the quotation and then no follow up.

2) *** - ID is a friendly person and offered to show us his project at one of the condos here. Went to view yesterday but found workmanship poor. Sighs..a bit disappointment. Quotation is a bit high too.

3) The Line - ID told me she will get back to me one month later cos I don't even have my first and second HDB appts yet.

Maybe at the end, I will do my own design and get a contractor to carry out my plan.

EmoBebe

you have pm....

EmoBebe

oh.... I tried DeTrenzo and the guy kept follow up with me..... and came to my house to see and measure to give me the most exact quote.

I still waiting for him to give me the quote.

Before that he emailed me the layout plan see....

Right now I am just waiting and waiting for quotations.

oh.... I tried DeTrenzo and the guy kept follow up with me..... and came to my house to see and measure to give me the most exact quote.

I still waiting for him to give me the quote.

Before that he emailed me the layout plan see....

Right now I am just waiting and waiting for quotations.

That is nice. I can't bring anyone to see my future unit yet cos the seller not comfortable. I still got another quote coming in this weekend from another ID company.

By the way, do u hack your flooring? If yes, how much has been quoted for a four room flat?

Emobebe

That is nice. I can't bring anyone to see my future unit yet cos the seller not comfortable. I still got another quote coming in this weekend from another ID company.

By the way, do u hack your flooring? If yes, how much has been quoted for a four room flat?

Emobebe

He saw my unit and he told me no need hack.. just over lay to save cost.

Ur unit seriously similar to mine cause nearby only. Haha...

but what i can tell u is our ceiling are low.... so do false ceiling etc is a bit difficult

hi, my floor plan is exactly the same as urs. also thought of putinh a divider cum tv consloe in front of the door for privacy. but worry that the living room may look too small. haha.....so now still planing. so far my best quote is 43k for whole house. hacking the entire flat. but kitchen is painted walls for the side with cabinate. still trying to squeez my id for best price...haha...

Emobebe

He saw my unit and he told me no need hack.. just over lay to save cost.

Ur unit seriously similar to mine cause nearby only. Haha...

but what i can tell u is our ceiling are low.... so do false ceiling etc is a bit difficult

Nearby ???? LOL, Yishun and Tampines nearby mah????? But more or less the hdb flat in spore are almost the same. Yes, you are rite. The ceiling are low. Me intend to do L Shape box...What u think?

Btw, how old is your unit or how long is the existing renovation? I was told by one of the ID that if the existing renovation almost ten years, then have to hack floors. I dunno whether this is the gimmick for them to close more deal or what you think?

Emobebe

Nearby ???? LOL, Yishun and Tampines nearby mah????? But more or less the hdb flat in spore are almost the same. Yes, you are rite. The ceiling are low. Me intend to do L Shape box...What u think?

Btw, how old is your unit or how long is the existing renovation? I was told by one of the ID that if the existing renovation almost ten years, then have to hack floors. I dunno whether this is the gimmick for them to close more deal or what you think?

Emobebe

One more question, have you done any house audit in term of feng shui before go to ID?

Emobebe

Emobebe

I keep thinking u near me... hahaha sorry bout that.

Ya I intend to do L box only for all ceilings cause really too low for false.

My existing unit reno was like 20 years?! The ID who came over to see said over lay to save cost...... i ask u sure ok? he said yeap no problem.. save cost on hacking.

I didn't see feng shui but the basic eg. sofa facing, fridge and stove facing and altar location i do take note.

nice floor plan....no odd corners...

wished mine was like that too. :(

U have a choice too! I told my agent before I don't want odd shape unit.

First, hard to design and second odd shape in term feng shui no good.

EmoBebe