Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
emobebe

4rm Hdb Resale Flat - Reno Ideas And Costs

Wow! So many people live with you or you got many kids!!!! LOL!!! Anyway, you get which ID to do your home and what his/her name? I read a lot of postings here recently...headache...Just come across on one article mentioned that he went to 10 IDs!!!! I m not gonna do that...cos it will burnt me out!!! The most I will look for 5 IDs only and will be based on the recommendation here. If someone can allowed me to visit their home even better so that I can see the workmanship with my eyes. I would appreciate for that !!

Renovation really a big project to me but I feel excited at the same time because I can do whichever theme I want. Hopefully I will be able to meet the right ID to do my home soon!

Cheers:) EmoBebe

Aiyo I forgot to ask you something. Will you start your own blog here about your home renovation. Maybe can show us your floor plan and how you design your layout. I will start later after I find the right ID first.

By the way, what tiles you use for flooring and how much does it cost per pc? And how big is the pc?

EmoBebe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi May,

I just read your Reno T-Blog. Hmm, I think I should do a blog on my reno journey too. Thanks for sharing and being helpful here. Mine floor space is about 104sqm...very small for two persons...:(

Emobebe

hi emobebe, you and me have the same thinking. mine is 103sqm but at least its only for 1 person. yours is 104 for 2 person... hahahaha... where is your flat? if you want i can intro my contractor to you.

Hi emobebe !!! i just overhaul the whole house :) Bt still working on it . the cost is about 23k+ cus i had a nightmare with my previous I/D ! thats y i break contract with my previous I/D firm thought halfway and i pay them 15k+ . i will upload some of the pic asap to show u ppl , how poor workmanship they had done. :( u can PM me your email and from there i can ask my contractor to serve u asap . Don worry wont recommend u THE PREVIOUS CONTRACTOR ! :) Peace OUT !!! :)

Hi Mr Nice Guy,

Do you have Reno T-blog? Maybe you can post your journey there and your place's photos? May I know which contractor ID you used last time and now is which ID?

I still looking around and haven't really approaching any ID companies yet because I think I haven't make a final decision what theme I want. My husband has a very different views from me. So, we want to solve this before approaching anyone. Give them less issue...lol :)

Emobebe

Wow! So many people live with you or you got many kids!!!! LOL!!! Anyway, you get which ID to do your home and what his/her name? I read a lot of postings here recently...headache...Just come across on one article mentioned that he went to 10 IDs!!!! I m not gonna do that...cos it will burnt me out!!! The most I will look for 5 IDs only and will be based on the recommendation here. If someone can allowed me to visit their home even better so that I can see the workmanship with my eyes. I would appreciate for that !!

Renovation really a big project to me but I feel excited at the same time because I can do whichever theme I want. Hopefully I will be able to meet the right ID to do my home soon!

Cheers:) EmoBebe

I only got a kid. My place include my parent, maid and my sis who bring her kids over all the time... that's why so many ppl... haha

Also I need to do a house that is pet proof....I got bunnies that hop ard the house freely.

Anyway I should be getting my neighbour to do the work. He is a contractor so he will give me the best price and also advise me where to get my stuff at the best rate. Only thing is I gotta think of design myself and no one to draw nice nice 3d drawings for me.

good for me to show my "talent" in designing my own house... haha

Hi Kewlboi,

Thanks for sharing. I just read your blog. I haven't get my dates yet for first and second appointments. I am just looking around now...maybe I am a bit stress up and "kan chiong" cos this seems like a major project to me. LOL.... My main focus is to done up the Living room (TV Console, Half height bookshelves and Shoe Rack), Kitchen (Full height white cabinets maybe with solid black top) and MBR (Custom made wardrobe with a simple study area but i dunno whether can fit in.....just an idea). By the way, how much your black galaxy granite top cost?

By the way, I will be using back the existing Hob, Hood, Oven and Airconds because all still new. So, I guess I can save a bit on this area.

EmoBebe

Hi emobebe..heh you're not early but it's good to plan ahead..for me I guess I'm a bit slow..it's so stress.furthermore I be reckee most of the stuffs my own.Thanks for reading my humble blog.Oh yeah for my granite top I top up another $700 instead of the solid surface top.I'm not sure whether I kena chop.But what to do usually first timer always kena chop,every salesman want to make profit..haizzz..Try read 'SQUARE ROOM' magazine..it do helps.. :]

I only got a kid. My place include my parent, maid and my sis who bring her kids over all the time... that's why so many ppl... haha

Also I need to do a house that is pet proof....I got bunnies that hop ard the house freely.

Anyway I should be getting my neighbour to do the work. He is a contractor so he will give me the best price and also advise me where to get my stuff at the best rate. Only thing is I gotta think of design myself and no one to draw nice nice 3d drawings for me.

good for me to show my "talent" in designing my own house... haha

Oic. You have mentioned that your reno cost ard 50 to 52k yet you have to come out with your design. I think a bit expensive. Maybe you are using best quality type of material then different story. Maybe you wanna share your floor plan here and your design layout. My husband and me still battling over where to put sofa. The main issue is that the main door neither here and there. I will put up my floor plan here once I fix up my scanner. My scanner seems don't want to work recently. LOL...

cheers:) EmoBebe

Hi emobebe..heh you're not early but it's good to plan ahead..for me I guess I'm a bit slow..it's so stress.furthermore I be reckee most of the stuffs my own.Thanks for reading my humble blog.Oh yeah for my granite top I top up another $700 instead of the solid surface top.I'm not sure whether I kena chop.But what to do usually first timer always kena chop,every salesman want to make profit..haizzz..Try read 'SQUARE ROOM' magazine..it do helps.. :]

Hi Kewlboi,

Thanks for your reply too. Yeah, I also bought some reno magazines for my references including SQUARE ROOM. I have read most of the T-reno blogs here and I noticed that some can go through smoothly even small hiccups which those mistakes can be pardonable but some really met the wrong ID / Contractor which gave them a lot of headache.

I guess I will shortlist those being highly recommended here but I wont be like shortlisting up to 10 IDs. Maybe up to 5 and compare the market price. I will post up here once I meet them. Currently, my husband and mine schedule quite tight.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Hi emobebe ,

I want to create a reno t-blog bt i donno how Any kind soul can teach me ? :( As for the last time I/D i don wish to voice out here , it will be a shame to them lol .. As for now , my I/D company name is Ax image Design concept :) they have website and FB too. :) .. CHEERS !

Hi Mr Nice Guy,

Actually, I haven't created any Reno T-Blog yet. However, I think in order to create one, you should go to main page of Forum > click on Reno-T Blog thread > Post under new topic.

Hi Mr Nice Guy,

Actually, I haven't created any Reno T-Blog yet. However, I think in order to create one, you should go to main page of Forum > click on Reno-T Blog thread > Post under new topic.

Btw, I just clicked on their website. It hangs and the webpage not able to load properly, so can't view anything now...:(

Hi all,

I am newbie here and have a headache looking around for Interior Designer Firm and Contractor. Yesterday, I went down to Expo to check it out and find mostly are trying to close for deal rather than listening to what I want.

For now, I am looking around for those owners who has done up their places with the following theme and how much they spent on it. Please give me a review about your ID or Contractor who has done up your place. Thanks a million!

Theme

=====

1) Minimalist which is modern, bright and look spacious

House Type

========

1) 4rm HDB Resale Flat

2) Total sqm : 104

Appreciate if you can post some of your unit's photo for my reference.

Warmest Regards :)

EmoBebe

U can try Visual furniture renovation contractor. my house now doing renovation under them, after try so many comtractors this is the best one. they really know how to handle yr budget, this is a malay n chinese joint venture company. i don't want to tell u what i do for my resale house. u can try asking for quotation from them then only u will know. no harm right to try few contractors then u decide the right price. but please don't forget always ask for discounts. sure they are willing to give one. PM me for contact.

yeah... only the master room door different

Sorrie ya, I am a bit "idiot"on reading floor plan...LOL

Is there any wall in between your windows at the living room? Or whole stretch are windows and you build half height TV Console?

The storeroom in your kitchen is originally there or you build it?

So, when you start your renovation? Can upload your photos here?

I am still waiting for 1st and 2nd appointment date from HDB. Meanwhile, still looking around. A lot of PM messages suggesting their own companies but I think I will go for those who have references here and if possible, I can see their workmanship on site.

EmoBebe

Sorrie ya, I am a bit "idiot"on reading floor plan...LOL

Is there any wall in between your windows at the living room? Or whole stretch are windows and you build half height TV Console?

The storeroom in your kitchen is originally there or you build it?

So, when you start your renovation? Can upload your photos here?

I am still waiting for 1st and 2nd appointment date from HDB. Meanwhile, still looking around. A lot of PM messages suggesting their own companies but I think I will go for those who have references here and if possible, I can see their workmanship on site.

EmoBebe

By the way, where is your dining area?

EmoBebe