Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HDBnew

Front Door Facing Water And Gas Pipe

Must be from some buddhism scripts, dead all go 西方极乐世界 liao。 ;)

I think so must be lah... But I picked that up not from my buddhist studies but from Master Neo of KX International's videos on his website. He said that only the dead sleep with their heads pointed to the west.

However, according to my granny, she said that it's rubbish becox my grandfather who just passed away last year, had been sleeping with his head pointed to the west and he lived till 101 years old last year.

If a person's mind is strong, he/ she might not be influenced by these thoughts (that only dead face the west).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Must be from some buddhism scripts, dead all go 西方极乐世界 liao。 ;)

归西 or "return to the west" after one's passing on is a Chinese thingy.

Nothing to do with Buddhism.

Buddhists believe in rebirth to six realms base on Karma.

西方极乐世界 is a place of nothingness. No happiness,

no suffering, no greed, no rebirth, no blah blah....

Only those who understood the mechanisms and could give up

material desires/wants can "jump" out of the cycle of rebirth to

this World of Nothingness.

I said too much liaoz.

You are right.

归西 or "return to the west" after one's passing on is a Chinese thingy.

Nothing to do with Buddhism.

Buddhists believe in rebirth to six realms base on Karma.

西方极乐世界 is a place of nothingness. No happiness,

no suffering, no greed, no rebirth, no blah blah....

Only those who understood the mechanisms and could give up

material desires/wants can "jump" out of the cycle of rebirth to

this World of Nothingness.

I said too much liaoz.

Edited by bepgof

Hi HDBnew,

thanks for wishing me well too :)

Woa, need to spend alot of $ to relocate... But is it necessary for such drastic measures? It'll cost you alot of $$. I think HDB will be very happy becox you'll line their purses with $$.

Tell u what, did u try to casually take a stroll on every floor below & above your unit to see how the other neighbours dealt with their doors facing the pipes?

However, even if u see them hanging gadgets at the main door or whatever, I wouldn't recommend that u attempt any "stunts" without any fengshui know-how. U can only use their fengshui cures as a reference. That's if u get what I mean, becox it might not work for you or it might invite other troubles.

If you are engaging a fengshui master, he might be able to devise a recommendation for those pipings. Are you considering engaging any fengshui master to take a look first before you do anything drastic?

Hi

Not considering engaging a fengshui master cos afraid that he says things (not favourable) and ask me to move house...things like that.

I took a look at other units above and below and saw that they have placed plants in that area to hide the piping...was thinking to do the same... :D

Hi

Not considering engaging a fengshui master cos afraid that he says things (not favourable) and ask me to move house...things like that.

I took a look at other units above and below and saw that they have placed plants in that area to hide the piping...was thinking to do the same... :D

Good move, no harm trying!

But wouldn't those plants obstruct pathway when the inspector or contractor or whoever needs to access those pipes?

If it doesn't, I don't think there is any harm putting potted plants there. That's if there's sunlight & those plants would thrive :) I'm a plant lover myself :)

I know what u mean about fengshui master telling you pessimistic stuff like the flat is not suitable and u need to shift to another. But it really depends becox if the master could adjust the fengshui for owners, he/ she would do so because shifting away from homes cited as unsuitable should be the last resort. i.e. no choice, becox no fengshui cures at all.

And it depends on the master's skills & depth of his mastery in fengshui too. Some who hasn't achieved much depth would look for an easy way out, i.e. to get their clients to shift out without any solutions. Or worse still, audit & give wrong recommendations.

Like recently, I watched Joey Yap's DVD on fengshui, borrowed from NLB and was abit sad that my flat's exterior was considered poor fengshui formation. Because my main door "clashes" with the neighbour's "wall corners", which according to Joey Yap, is terrible fengshui and that we should avoid buying such property or shift. To make it worse, the Qi pool which collects infront of my home, where the lift lobby is, leaks out of a huge decorative hole and that hole is nearer to the lift lobby.

He said if no choice, then change position of the door but with such a recommendation, there are other issues with the interior fengshui of the home.

And he also emphasized in his DVD that tilting of door to face the favourable direction of the owners is not good enough a reason for tilting one's door. There must be something very bad, for such a dire need to tilt the door. And with tilting of door, the doorway becomes narrow.

Yes, that makes alot of sense. My taiwanese master got us to tilt our gate, emphasized that it must be tilted within 3 months, max delay 6 months from his audit (no need to shift becox after tilting, the flat's fengshui will be considered average), but we didn't implement his recommendation until last year, i.e. 10 years after his first audit. And things did pick up & improve for us as owners to such a flat.

Check out his DVDs becox his fengshui segments are pretty comprehensive. And makes alot of sense. I was glad that I got to watch his DVDs :) Helped me to understand all about Qi at a beginner's level.

Edited by edenstrauss

But wouldn't those plants obstruct pathway when the inspector or contractor or whoever needs to access those pipes?

This picture is taken from my main door, and you see the pipes exposed along the common corridor? The pipes are beside our 2nd entrance....and the most I can do is to place that potted plant there!!

grq5_1c0_uc4it.jpg

This picture is taken from my main door, and you see the pipes exposed along the common corridor? The pipes are beside our 2nd entrance....and the most I can do is to place that potted plant there!!

grq5_1c0_uc4it.jpg

No obstruction, can still easily access to those pipes... :) Ur $ tree looks good :D

Like recently, I watched Joey Yap's DVD on fengshui, borrowed from NLB and was abit sad that my flat's exterior was considered poor fengshui formation. Because my main door "clashes" with the neighbour's "wall corners", which according to Joey Yap, is terrible fengshui and that we should avoid buying such property or shift. To make it worse, the Qi pool which collects infront of my home, where the lift lobby is, leaks out of a huge decorative hole and that hole is nearer to the lift lobby.

He said if no choice, then change position of the door but with such a recommendation, there are other issues with the interior fengshui of the home.

And he also emphasized in his DVD that tilting of door to face the favourable direction of the owners is not good enough a reason for tilting one's door. There must be something very bad, for such a dire need to tilt the door. And with tilting of door, the doorway becomes narrow.

I have seen some houses with doors tilted and making it worst - facing the 'wall corners' of exterior walls or interior sharp wall corners!!

No obstruction, can still easily access to those pipes... :) Ur $ tree looks good :D

My $$$ tree is going to die liao....because it was neglected for the past 2 months when we moved out to make way for renovation, I placed it along the corridor and it is collecting dust due to lift upgrading in progress!!

My $$$ tree is going to die liao....because it was neglected for the past 2 months when we moved out to make way for renovation, I placed it along the corridor and it is collecting dust due to lift upgrading in progress!!

The same tree inside our livingroom before the reno....thriving as there is sunlight & tender loving care!

md_641_uc4it.jpg

Interesting, how come got 2 pcs of paper at bottom of gate?

grq5_1c0_uc4it.jpg

I have seen some houses with doors tilted and making it worst - facing the 'wall corners' of exterior walls or interior sharp wall corners!!

That is alot worse becox it meant creating poison arrows that would shoot into the house! Worse off.

Haiz... I'm actually more worried as to whether I would be able to sell off at a good price or not after 6-8 years later, when it's a favourable time for me to shift to another new place :(

Fengshui is getting more & more popular nowadays and clients hunting down for homes are pretty knowledgeable nowadays. Maybe I'll have to sell off to non-Chinese.

Aiya, worry later lah :P