Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boyblunder

Our 1st Place

ya lor..urs n mine exactly d same.. how is ur reno going? Im still waiting for my 2nd appt on 21st mar.. Going to start my reno asap once i got my keys.. cant keep my furniture in storage for too long liao

mine ah... more or less decided on a contractor le... the contractor and company not anyone recommended here in renotalk... but then again, i think as long as they are not mentioned as "black sheeps"... can le... coz i think ppl are more likely to "share" or complain abt bad services... than praise abt gd services...

coz no incentives for homeowners to praise their contractors/IDs (unless the homeowners are very nice ppl... and like to share experiences and recommendations)... and more likely for them to complain to vent frustrations...

i still waiting for final revised quote from the contractor (praying hard that it's <$60K)... i did some changes to my kitchen layout and MBR, after considering some FS advice from mae29 and also my dad's comments... i've also taken the items of replacing windows and grilles out... and will be sourcing for direct supplier. meeting Alex (one of the recommended windows contractors) for site measurements and clarifications tonight.

other than LADY_R, boy_blunder, joyousonline, Soichiro and myself, i wonder if there's any other EM owners here... doing their renovations and abt to start renovations...

so far, I've visited RimBlock's place... i think it's gd to see and discuss layout... :P

what abt yourselves?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
mine ah... more or less decided on a contractor le... the contractor and company not anyone recommended here in renotalk... but then again, i think as long as they are not mentioned as "black sheeps"... can le... coz i think ppl are more likely to "share" or complain abt bad services... than praise abt gd services...

coz no incentives for homeowners to praise their contractors/IDs (unless the homeowners are very nice ppl... and like to share experiences and recommendations)... and more likely for them to complain to vent frustrations...

i still waiting for final revised quote from the contractor (praying hard that it's <$60K)... i did some changes to my kitchen layout and MBR, after considering some FS advice from mae29 and also my dad's comments... i've also taken the items of replacing windows and grilles out... and will be sourcing for direct supplier. meeting Alex (one of the recommended windows contractors) for site measurements and clarifications tonight.

other than LADY_R, boy_blunder, joyousonline, Soichiro and myself, i wonder if there's any other EM owners here... doing their renovations and abt to start renovations...

so far, I've visited RimBlock's place... i think it's gd to see and discuss layout... :P

what abt yourselves?

u meeting alex tonite? :good: ..den u can tell me how much he charge u.. :dribble: we called him before & as norm he need to go down site for measurement..since urs same as mine..den I can get the rough figure he quote u.

We more or less confirm our contractor too but still haven't sign anything with him unless he willing to bring down the price..& my contractor is not that well known..but i guess workmanship is very important. U still keep ur utility area? Mine, i will hack down the wall n also part of the kitchen wall..prefer my kitchen to be big.. :notti:

Hi folks, i got quotes for my electric from one id; shifted it here coz other place no one reply.

Lighting point x 48 $1920

1way 13amp x 9 $810

2way 13amp x 8 $960

1way15amp x 1 $150

SCV point x 4 $480

Tel point x 3 $240

hood,hob, microwave $360

heater point x 2 $240

Labour to install $350

Total cost = 5510

Wanna Faint liao. Can anyone advise me.

If anyone want to see the quote and give me suggestions, pls feel free to pm me. will send the quote to u.

u meeting alex tonite? :good: ..den u can tell me how much he charge u.. :dribble: we called him before & as norm he need to go down site for measurement..since urs same as mine..den I can get the rough figure he quote u.

We more or less confirm our contractor too but still haven't sign anything with him unless he willing to bring down the price..& my contractor is not that well known..but i guess workmanship is very important. U still keep ur utility area? Mine, i will hack down the wall n also part of the kitchen wall..prefer my kitchen to be big.. :notti:

No probs.

I'll be asking for different quotes for different materials

Windows (sliding): white-powder coated (WPC) aluminium frame with tinted green glass OR black normal aluminium frame with clear/tea coloured glass.

Grilles: WPC OR black normal ones

Balcony doors: 4-panel sliding & 6-panel collapsible; black normal clear glass, or WPC with green tinted glass.

Will let u know later tonight.

Can PM me your shortlisted contractor?

BTW, your new place is very near my current place. I'm currently staying opposite BLK 502 market. LOL... maybe can pop by and look-see your place next time...

my new place is behind Shuqun Primary School.

Hi folks, i got quotes for my electric from one id; shifted it here coz other place no one reply.

Lighting point x 48 $1920

1way 13amp x 9 $810

2way 13amp x 8 $960

1way15amp x 1 $150

SCV point x 4 $480

Tel point x 3 $240

hood,hob, microwave $360

heater point x 2 $240

Labour to install $350

Total cost = 5510

Wanna Faint liao. Can anyone advise me.

If anyone want to see the quote and give me suggestions, pls feel free to pm me. will send the quote to u.

sure faint! they charge you extra i guess.. if you were to calculate as each point, can say that they charge you extra $10-$20 or mayb more each.

compare urs and mine as per point:

Lighting - urs $40, mine $30

13A SSO (1 gang) - urs $90, mine $50 :jawdrop:

13A SSO (2gang) - urs $120, mine $70 :jawdrop::jawdrop:

SCV - urs $120, mine $100

Tel - urs $80, mine $40 :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Heater point - urs $120, mine $90 :jawdrop:

Tips* - Hob, Hood & Microwave u can jus use normal 13A SSO.. from this 3 points, u can already save a lot of $$$

Can PM me your shortlisted contractor?

BTW, your new place is very near my current place. I'm currently staying opposite BLK 502 market. LOL... maybe can pop by and look-see your place next time...

my new place is behind Shuqun Primary School.

its d same contractor that I pm u before..laz to keep on searching & explaining what we want..lolxxx.. Will invite u once reno in progress..hehe..& also mayb we can drop by ur place one day..

I like ur new area..clean and very quiet, we did try to find a unit over there but the price is too high for us :P

sure faint! they charge you extra i guess.. if you were to calculate as each point, can say that they charge you extra $10-$20 or mayb more each.

Lighting - urs $40, mine $30

13A SSO (1 gang) - urs $90, mine $50 :jawdrop:

13A SSO (2gang) - urs $120, mine $70 :jawdrop::jawdrop:

SCV - urs $120, mine $100

Tel - urs $80, mine $40 :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Heater point - urs $120, mine $90 :jawdrop:

Tips* - Hob, Hood & Microwave u can jus use normal 13A SSO.. from this 3 points, u can already save a lot of $$$

Dang, will go ask him review his elec or i will get my own. Hob,hood and microwave/oven can use normal 13amp de ah??

theres also a 15amp de. wat is it for?

Aircon has to be separate?

Lighting - urs $40, LADY_R $30, csingeu $33

13A SSO (1 gang) - urs $90, LADY_R $50, csingeu $35

13A SSO (2gang) - urs $120, LADY_R $70 , csingeu $50

SCV - urs $120, LADY_R $100, csingeu $95

Tel - urs $80, LADY_R $40, csingeu $45

Heater point - urs $120, LADY_R $90 , csingeu $85

Dang, will go ask him review his elec or i will get my own. Hob,hood and microwave/oven can use normal 13amp de ah??

Ask him whether it's including switches and sockets. Some nicer 2gang power sockets can be very ex.

its d same contractor that I pm u before..laz to keep on searching & explaining what we want..lolxxx.. Will invite u once reno in progress..hehe..& also mayb we can drop by ur place one day..

I like ur new area..clean and very quiet, we did try to find a unit over there but the price is too high for us :P

I saw your quotation. the price quite reasonable. almost the same as mine, but i didn't go thru the items you've listed.

but roughly highlighted a few items:

1. chengai wood decking... i want to do... but think will reshoot my budget... btw, your balcony sheltered or not?

2. kitchen island - considered b4, but we both not "heavy cooking", don't want a very big kitchen; but my dad suggested for me to hack the utility room and do island (he said i not "modern" enough)... wife thinks it's useful to retain the storeroom; can use to store bicycles, baby stuffs next time, etc...

3. laminates for bedrooms - i'm revarnishing my paraquet flooring

4. re-polish marble flooring - i'm hacking and tiling with homogeneous tiles for whole level 1.

mind sharing your contractor's contact?

the pricing seems competitive for the amt of work you are doing. btw, are your internal walls slanting? mine quite jia lat... some areas the difference can be as huge as 10cm... almost like trapezoid... *faint*...

yes. i like my new area too... it's nearer to the mrt and the heartland shopping areas... but of coz, it comes at almost a $100K premium... i think... :(

LADY_R,

btw, convenient to share your preferred layout?

interested to see how you are doing placement of furniture and the use of space...

Bro, definately can, I hav chk wif my contractor..unless if u using 20A connection unit for hob/hood like condo laaa... if not 13A is sufficient enuf

15A usually for washing machine/dryer and smtimes fridge, it depends but usually condo use lor.. (hehe..i noe dis cos i smtimes design electrical points for condo for our company proj)

aircon, yes u need separate point n near to ur condenser...

LADY_R,

btw, convenient to share your preferred layout?

interested to see how you are doing placement of furniture and the use of space...

sure can, but i didnt use the software like most of our forummers used.. cos not used to it *paiseh* i design my layout using Autocad software, jus normal 1..will try to upload once i learn how to dwnload pic..kekeke

Ask him whether it's including switches and sockets. Some nicer 2gang power sockets can be very ex.

I thought the pricing does not include sockets and switches? Or do they normally include?