Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boyblunder

Our 1st Place

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
go to plot, then under plotter choose "Publish to web JPG"~ ;)

i'm using Autocad 2008 LT :)

Ooooooh ok.. Thanks..hehe i'm using Autocad 2010 :)

Ooooooh ok.. Thanks..hehe i'm using Autocad 2010 :)

sigh my company very backward one... my Autocad 2008 is probably the newest one in the entire office~ :unsure:

few months back we were still using Microsoft Office 97. yes you didn't read wrongly, it's 1997......

u meeting alex tonite? :good: ..den u can tell me how much he charge u.. :dribble: we called him before & as norm he need to go down site for measurement..since urs same as mine..den I can get the rough figure he quote u.

We more or less confirm our contractor too but still haven't sign anything with him unless he willing to bring down the price..& my contractor is not that well known..but i guess workmanship is very important. U still keep ur utility area? Mine, i will hack down the wall n also part of the kitchen wall..prefer my kitchen to be big.. :notti:

gotten the quote from Alex le.

PM you later...

anyway, gd to get him down to do measurement... he quite steady one... bring along his brother... so the brother goes ard doing measurements... and he explains to me the details lor... wat kind of tracks and locks they use... wat kind of materials or design more suitable for wat area... etc...

he brought samples of the materials and parts along... quite gd...

think i might change my original idea of having 6-panel wooden bifold foors for the balcony.. to maybe 4 or 6-panel sliding WPC doors instead..

think can save almost $1.5K... plus less maintenance problems... i hope...

my dad recommended me to hack away the utility room... unable to convince my wife...

PM you later...

anyway, gd to get him down to do measurement... he quite steady one... bring along his brother... so the brother goes ard doing measurements... and he explains to me the details lor... wat kind of tracks and locks they use... wat kind of materials or design more suitable for wat area... etc...

think i might change my original idea of having 6-panel wooden bifold foors for the balcony.. to maybe 4 or 6-panel sliding WPC doors instead..

my dad recommended me to hack away the utility room... unable to convince my wife...

Thanks.. rcv ur msg

Whoa! he give u quite a :good: price eh.. compare with what my contractor quote..i can save ard $2k+..hmm will sure ask him to come down for measurement after i got my keys :P

Balcony:

U choose WPC sliding door? every think of frameless sliding type? I saw 1 house at JE, wif frameless sliding door..d view is fascinating!

Utility:

Unless if u think of employed a maid in near future then u can keep the room or mayb she want to use it as a storage but I tink it still to big :P

jus my 2cents thought

PM you later...

i think your father more modern than you two lor... hahaha :lol:

possible to rebuild a storeroom somewhere else in your kitchen?

or, get your father to convince your wife........ :P

Thanks.. rcv ur msg

Whoa! he give u quite a :good: price eh.. compare with what my contractor quote..i can save ard $2k+..hmm will sure ask him to come down for measurement after i got my keys :P

Balcony:

U choose WPC sliding door? every think of frameless sliding type? I saw 1 house at JE, wif frameless sliding door..d view is fascinating!

Utility:

Unless if u think of employed a maid in near future then u can keep the room or mayb she want to use it as a storage but I tink it still to big :P

jus my 2cents thought

yeah.. his quote is quite competitive. in fact, my main contractor's quote is marked up by abt $4... but at least, he's honest abt it when i asked him abt the quotes i've gotten from elsewhere; so he asked me to take those items out lor... and let Alex do...

Balcony:

wife thinking of frameless sliding type.. I'm not too sure if i have the same idea of what it is like... but becoz my balcony is not sheltered. if big rain, the water will be splashing in; hence, likely to wet the living room floor, as I believe the frameless kind is top-track only.

and also due to the fact that it's top track only... think each glass panel cannot be too big, else too heavy to slide... and there might be stability issues... coz no frame to keep it in place, if got strong wind or rain... definitely looks better.

in fact, i think my wife was thinking of that, when i mentioned to change to sliding kind... she was expecting those frameless one... and she wants it to be clear glass... (though the tinted ones... according to Alex has UV protection...)

anyway, Alex mentioned it's more for internal sliding doors... as mine considered quite outdoor...

u got pic to share? or quote to share for the frameless sliding doors?

Utility:

Dad thinks the utility room is too big to be used as storeroom... coz it's almost a small habitable room (with the small side windows)... and in his comments, such areas (meant for human to stay in) if not utilitzed, might affect "unwanted" stuffs... and also the fact that the storeroom so big, there's tendency to hog on to unnecessary stuff... plus it's like right beside the main door.

Wife thinks otherwise; can use the storeroom to store our "future" bicycles and do proper shelving to keep some stuffs (baby stuffs, etc), which of coz, i think might be handed down or pass to others next time... and she's against more hacking to save on costs.

RimBlock has converted that area into a computer/server room cum study). the side walls are replaced with glass partition and sliding doors. but his main door is flushed to the access corridor.

Thanks.. rcv ur msg

Balcony:

Utility:

jus my 2cents thought

i have a frameless sliding glass door in my home... but it's inside, not like those at the balcony... my feeling is that if the balcony is very windy, the frameless type may not be so steady~

i think your father more modern than you two lor... hahaha :lol:

possible to rebuild a storeroom somewhere else in your kitchen?

or, get your father to convince your wife........ :P

need to discuss with my wife tonight again (but i think she very sian le... just want me to fix an idea and get started on the renovation, while keeping costs low).

will have another "storage area" under the staircase... but won't be able to store a lot... or big bulky items.

if want to hack and do kitchen island... need to rethink my kitchen layout (and take into consideration some FS advice)

Balcony:

wife thinking of frameless sliding type.. I'm not too sure if i have the same idea of what it is like... but becoz my balcony is not sheltered. if big rain, the water will be splashing in; hence, likely to wet the living room floor, as I believe the frameless kind is top-track only.

and also due to the fact that it's top track only... think each glass panel cannot be too big, else too heavy to slide... and there might be stability issues... coz no frame to keep it in place, if got strong wind or rain... definitely looks better.

in fact, i think my wife was thinking of that, when i mentioned to change to sliding kind... she was expecting those frameless one... and she wants it to be clear glass... (though the tinted ones... according to Alex has UV protection...)

anyway, Alex mentioned it's more for internal sliding doors... as mine considered quite outdoor...

Utility:

Dad thinks the utility room is too big to be used as storeroom... coz it's almost a small habitable room (with the small side windows)... and in his comments, such areas (meant for human to stay in) if not utilitzed, might affect "unwanted" stuffs... and also the fact that the storeroom so big, there's tendency to hog on to unnecessary stuff... plus it's like right beside the main door.

Wife thinks otherwise; can use the storeroom to store our "future" bicycles and do proper shelving to keep some stuffs (baby stuffs, etc), which of coz, i think might be handed down or pass to others next time... and she's against more hacking to save on costs.

RimBlock has converted that area into a computer/server room cum study). the side walls are replaced with glass partition and sliding doors. but his main door is flushed to the access corridor.

wah didn't see your post while i was writing mine :lol: yea frameless one is top track only, so your concern about water coming in is very valid cos the sliding glass door will have "lobang" at the bottom.

my frameless glass door is indoor one, even then i also feel a bit scared when i push the doors cos it feels kinda fragile :unsure:

if you get to visit my place... you can try to push my sliding door and get a "feel" of it :P

i also feel your utility room is very huge... is like 2x the size of my storeroom~ :o

wah didn't see your post while i was writing mine :lol: yea frameless one is top track only, so your concern about water coming in is very valid cos the sliding glass door will have "lobang" at the bottom.

my frameless glass door is indoor one, even then i also feel a bit scared when i push the doors cos it feels kinda fragile :unsure:

if you get to visit my place... you can try to push my sliding door and get a "feel" of it :P

i also feel your utility room is very huge... is like 2x the size of my storeroom~ :o

Ok.. would want to go try :P

anyway, yeah.. i think the utility room is quite f***ed-up... the size is not here not there...

think the 5-rm EM which Soichiro has... it's really like normal HDB storeroom size (i think so ah...)

and for the 2nd gen EM whereby the balcony is square & at the corner, connected to the living room and kitchen. think their lower level room is actually "Bedroom 3 / Study Room"... which is almost like the standard size bedroom.

so if i hack the utility room, i don't have a storeroom. if i dun hack, it might be an oversized "waste space". SIGH.

Ok.. would want to go try :P

anyway, yeah.. i think the utility room is quite f***ed-up... the size is not here not there...

think the 5-rm EM which Soichiro has... it's really like normal HDB storeroom size (i think so ah...)

and for the 2nd gen EM whereby the balcony is square & at the corner, connected to the living room and kitchen. think their lower level room is actually "Bedroom 3 / Study Room"... which is almost like the standard size bedroom.

so if i hack the utility room, i don't have a storeroom. if i dun hack, it might be an oversized "waste space". SIGH.

ya loh, when can we go over marshmallow house to have a look? i also planning to have frameless glass door for my toilet. hehehe...

hmmm... what your wife wants to use the utility room for is very valid. When you have babies then they grow up to be toddlers then going primary school, there are lots of things for you to keep in storeroom. Then you will realise you should not have knock the utility room. Unless you plan to move to bigger place when you have kids lah...

ya loh, when can we go over marshmallow house to have a look? i also planning to have frameless glass door for my toilet. hehehe...

hmmm... what your wife wants to use the utility room for is very valid. When you have babies then they grow up to be toddlers then going primary school, there are lots of things for you to keep in storeroom. Then you will realise you should not have knock the utility room. Unless you plan to move to bigger place when you have kids lah...

hmmm i guess the issue here is that the room is too big as a storeroom but too small to be of other better use~ :(

i remembered one of the side is ~2880mm (if my memory is not failing)~ this is almost like a common room size liao... haha

yeah.. his quote is quite competitive. in fact, my main contractor's quote is marked up by abt $4... but at least, he's honest abt it when i asked him abt the quotes i've gotten from elsewhere; so he asked me to take those items out lor... and let Alex do...

Balcony:

Hi Csingeu, I will advise you against the idea of a down hang sliding door for your balcony. Being frameless and at 2.5 meters, there is bound to be movement from the wind blowing. For a bigger panel of glass, for it to be stronger, it has to be tempered.Tempered is strong as in rigid, but being rigid, it is prone to be brittle. Chances of it breaking is very high.

Not only will water come in, noise, wind and heat will escape. From your other threads, you want a hts. Having a frameless sliding door is not practical.

If you want a nice down hang sliding door system internally, the best looking and solid engineering imho is at interior affairs. I was admiring their German design and made down hang sliding door system. Simple, clean cut and fool proof. Very nice.

If you think the glass panel is too big, for example, a four panel sliding door, tell the contractor you want a six panel door. Advantages of more panels, bigger door opening and easier to open. Disadvantage is cost.

Hope this helps.:)