Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boyblunder

Our 1st Place

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Boyblunder, I think 4k is reasonable, if the glass is at least 12mm tempered... Hmmm, u're making me :dribble: do u mind sharing the source :dribble:

The glass is 10 mm, will pm u asap if u still want it.

Glass with wood look so much better, stainless steel doesnt blend well with glass..

Ur la germania stove reminds me of the stove my mum uses in early 1980s, not sure hw u gonna design ur kitchen by using the stove.

Looks expensive.

I will probably place the stove between the cabinets, with the surface flush level with the cabinets. Similar to the pictures below.

home1.jpg

Hi, I have exactly the same floor plan. I am going to keep the utility room but is there a possiblity of making it bigger? I like RimsBlock suggestion ... which is "to push the existing grilles and main door to flush with the access corridor, and maybe change the internal walls to glass partition...

Anyone tried doing this?

Well, my main door and grilles are flushed with the access corridor but i think you will to purchase the area from hdb.

The stove does look very expensive. How much does it costs?

Also, congrats for being the official owner of your EM.

Thank you. The stove is about $3000 with a bit of change.

Just bought my fridge today. Now for the washer and dryer and sofa.

Any suggestions for washer or dryer?

Dunno whether to get 8kg washer n 8kg condenser dryer from LG, or 7kg washer and dryer from Bosch.

Also any suggestions as to where i can find nice and reasonably priced sofa.

The glass is 10 mm, will pm u asap if u still want it.

Hi Boyblunder, thanks, but I think we've given up the idea, glass railings really cannot match my "arch" doors on lvl 2.. ..ready to give up for the time being... thanks for the info though :yamseng:

Just went to look at sanitary wares for toilet n kitchen. Did not expect that it will cost to about 2.8k? Is this normal price?

Mine came up to 3.5k so if yours is 2.8k then I think it's quite good. :)

Mine came up to 3.5k so if yours is 2.8k then I think it's quite good. :)

okok, thank you so much for your advice. hows your new place??? In the end i did not seal the deal with donny coz we wanted to get licensed hdb contractors/ID.

okok, thank you so much for your advice. hows your new place??? In the end i did not seal the deal with donny coz we wanted to get licensed hdb contractors/ID.

My new place is fantastic. i like the convenience of going shopping (near to nex, city sq, plaza sing). Within 10 mins incl walking, i can reach plaza sing! how fantastic is that? haahahaha....

of course the reno also very good, as i wanted it to be. I am sure you will like yours too when you finish with your reno.

Edited by May_dream1

Finally decided on our ID and though he is not the cheapest but we have seen his work at my friends place, so at least its a safe bet.

We actually got some 3D drawings based on the tiles we chose but mostly gonna change a few tiles here and there.

The next big thing is on the 18th when we are gonna start our reno officially with the hacking!!! Wish us luck.

Finally decided on our ID and though he is not the cheapest but we have seen his work at my friends place, so at least its a safe bet.

We actually got some 3D drawings based on the tiles we chose but mostly gonna change a few tiles here and there.

The next big thing is on the 18th when we are gonna start our reno officially with the hacking!!! Wish us luck.

Congrats on getting an ID and great to know that your renovation is starting very soon. :yamseng:

Please let me know how much this will cost u. I am very tight with my budget and may not even be able to afford an ID .... sigh..... really envy people who spend over $50K in reno.

Congrats on getting an ID and great to know that your renovation is starting very soon. :yamseng:

Please let me know how much this will cost u. I am very tight with my budget and may not even be able to afford an ID .... sigh..... really envy people who spend over $50K in reno.

Hi Potatoes, use contractor la.... like me.... :sport-smiley-004: can save few Ks if use contractor IMHO.... :sport-smiley-004:

D-day minus 3

Here is the floorplan of my place and the tentative lighting points. I hope to get some feedback on the lighting points as to how to group the lights together. Also feel free to comment on the layout so i can make improvements.

Lightingplan.jpg

Furniture update:

The Fridge we bought on impulse.

08742354.jpg

723717d7.jpg

Now for the washer and dryer. Anyone used condenser dryers here? Need some feedback on it.

Wow nice n pricey fridge.

I have been using Bosch dryer for years. So i recommend Bosch if Miele is not in ur budget. :)

D-day minus 1

Finally the hacking will start tomorrow. Notified our neighbours. Decided to change some of our laminates and painting after looking at the 3D drawings. Hence, we went to hafary to reselect the tiles. We got our ID to draw up our toilets based on 2 themes for 2 different so we can choose which we prefer. We decided to keep the toilets simple and clean but selecting white tiles. However, we decided to change it a little after noticing the dirty white grouting at the current place which we are renting, so we decided that the shower area had to be in darker colour.

Our laminates came with strips of metal or other color laminates initially. Now abolish all the strips and keeping it simple with just one color. Also, no more brown color room, just a simple white now.

Now waiting for the new drawings while the hacking starts tomorrow. Hopefully i can wake in time to go see the hacking and take some photos!!!

Wow nice n pricey fridge.

I have been using Bosch dryer for years. So i recommend Bosch if Miele is not in ur budget. :)

We considered Bosch as well, but both the dryer and washer is in 7kg. The LG ones comes in 8kg. Was thinking of that.