Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boyblunder

Our 1st Place

Haha. No $$ for rain shower. already decided le.

Haha... Ok ok.... Dont tempt u.

What else you need now? Artichoke lamp?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice 3D. Really like the cooker you guys bought. Looks like too late for me to cancel my hob order from Teka. Also the CO will kill me as our kitchen friggin tiny so the cooker will take up too much space that can be used for storage :furious:

hi bro blunder,

i've got the same cooker as you!!

saw you are changing the pipes for the sewage. are you changing the position of the wc? does it cost much to do it? thot of reconfiguring my toilet too but they say not possible to change the pipes.

Haha... Ok ok.... Dont tempt u.

What else you need now? Artichoke lamp?

need LOT OF STUFF but money no enuff.

Nice 3D. Really like the cooker you guys bought. Looks like too late for me to cancel my hob order from Teka. Also the CO will kill me as our kitchen friggin tiny so the cooker will take up too much space that can be used for storage :furious:

You are right there! It takes up precious storag space so i have to built cabinets on other walls to have this in.

hi bro blunder,

i've got the same cooker as you!!

saw you are changing the pipes for the sewage. are you changing the position of the wc? does it cost much to do it? thot of reconfiguring my toilet too but they say not possible to change the pipes.

i just changed the u-channel pipes to the hole where i wanted the wc to be, ie i switched the location of basin n wc, so i switched the two channels below at the lower level.

hi boyblunder, I saw the broom and mop holder at Howard storage website going for $24. U can go and check it out. I am also keen in the pull out holder, if u happen to find them can u let me know? Thanks!

hi boyblunder, I saw the broom and mop holder at Howard storage website going for $24. U can go and check it out. I am also keen in the pull out holder, if u happen to find them can u let me know? Thanks!

Ok. Will do. Thanks for the info. My id told me that he will ask the carpenter to build one for me if I cannot find it.

D-DAY +17

Updates:

All hacking has been completed, Kitchen tiles, both common toilets tiles has been laid. Still waiting for my master bedroom tiles to be cleared from customs. Plastering should be completed by today. All the existing electricity stuff has been pulled out and electric works should start on monday. I got more than 60 lighting points, which i think is bloody a lot and burning a big hole in my pocket.

Also, the wooden table i liked alot has also been struck out because the width is simply too small at a mere 700. To make it 900 will cost an additional $600, so we are going for the full glass with extendable sides.

One more boo boo!!! We wanted a big sofa set. So looking at our floor plan, after hacking the wall separating the balcony and the living area, we had live 5m worth of space to place our sofa, or so we thought.

Thus, we bought modular sofas that will have the dimensions of 3700 x 2800. BUT, yesterday when i went to see my ID, he told me thats too big coz we might be sitting under the structural beam separating the living and balcony. Also, the alignment of living room will be a bit out because of our sofa. Anyway, we decided that its still bearable for us, so just taking it as a learning experience.

CONSULT UR ID BEFORE BUY BIG ITEMS!

Here are the pics except it should be in black and note white.

36768_136641996353319_136616526355866_395413_2078820_n.jpg

36768_136641986353320_136616526355866_395412_5308610_n.jpg

Edited by boyblunder

D-DAY +17

Updates:

One more boo boo!!! We wanted a big sofa set. So looking at our floor plan, after hacking the wall separating the balcony and the living area, we had live 5m worth of space to place our sofa, or so we thought.

Thus, we bought modular sofas that will have the dimensions of 3700 x 2800. BUT, yesterday when i went to see my ID, he told me thats too big coz we might be sitting under the structural beam separating the living and balcony. Also, the alignment of living room will be a bit out because of our sofa. Anyway, we decided that its still bearable for us, so just taking it as a learning experience.

I hear you. I don't consult my ID at all - in fact, I make the purchases then give him the dimensions (like all the electrical stuff). First couch from Hommage was 2.1m and fit in nicely, but then we didn't like it as much so got a refund and got one a massive 3.2m from Lifestorey instead. It's too huge so I removed one of the segments and placed it in the common bedroom. Not the look I was going for :(, especially considering we have 2 barcelonas and a chaise lounge. Was definitely bent on having a grey couch but now it's white /cry I tried to scotch-gard it but the colour went weird and it left a dark spot... And I'm having a hard time getting the pets off the couch. /cry

I love that sofa though - have always loved the modular look with the handy side tables. Gorgeous!

I actually love the words wallpaper. Wanted something like that for a laminate on the TV console but decided not to because it was written in a language I didn't understand. If there's words, I want there to be meaning. Since I read a lot, I have 2 tons of quotations and phrases I want hung up on my walls but that will come later with the DIY :P

-Ely

i just changed the u-channel pipes to the hole where i wanted the wc to be, ie i switched the location of basin n wc, so i switched the two channels below at the lower level.

oh..that's cool. but most IDs says not possible stating hdb would not allow for it. does it cost much to do the alterations?

I hear you. I don't consult my ID at all - in fact, I make the purchases then give him the dimensions (like all the electrical stuff). First couch from Hommage was 2.1m and fit in nicely, but then we didn't like it as much so got a refund and got one a massive 3.2m from Lifestorey instead. It's too huge so I removed one of the segments and placed it in the common bedroom. Not the look I was going for :(, especially considering we have 2 barcelonas and a chaise lounge. Was definitely bent on having a grey couch but now it's white /cry I tried to scotch-gard it but the colour went weird and it left a dark spot... And I'm having a hard time getting the pets off the couch. /cry

I love that sofa though - have always loved the modular look with the handy side tables. Gorgeous!

I actually love the words wallpaper. Wanted something like that for a laminate on the TV console but decided not to because it was written in a language I didn't understand. If there's words, I want there to be meaning. Since I read a lot, I have 2 tons of quotations and phrases I want hung up on my walls but that will come later with the DIY :P

-Ely

Talk about haiz!

oh..that's cool. but most IDs says not possible stating hdb would not allow for it. does it cost much to do the alterations?

I think the cost is just the pipes. nothing additional. probably a couple of hundreds? especially when u alter ur upstairs coz its ur kitchen downstaris. Not affecting anyone.

I got more than 60 lighting points, which i think is bloody a lot and burning a big hole in my pocket.

Oh, me too! 60-ish. I'm guessing you also have loads of false ceiling n downlights? Think I will faint when I see my lighting bill... :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Hmm... your sofa looks familiar... I must have seen it somewhere before in one of my many many shopping expeditions. :P The sofa will be nice for big parties/family gatherings! :)

I'm like the complete opposite... I ask my ID before all my major purchases and ask them for max sizes/measurements. I think cos during the discussion process they explained their rationale for positioning certain stuff like TV console (centred, etc) and we also discussed some space constraints issues (like why BR2 cannot have King sized bed).

I even ask them about what color my balcony chairs should be! So after hearing from you n Ely I realise it's not normal. Oops. My IDs must think I'm brainless... :P8|8|8|

Mabbe just to share, the advice I got from my IDs on max sizes include:

- Sofa

- Dining table

- Balcony furniture

- Beds

- Toilet fixtures (basins n WC)

- Kitchen sink

We also periodically update them on all the measurements for the furniture n electronics we got so that they can incorporate into the CAD/design in terms of spacing etc. That's the reason why I always include dimensions in my wordpress blog posts for stuff I've bought - my IDs read my blog to get updates on my latest acquisitions too. :D:good:

Any more progress pics.

Hopefully it is coming on well.

RB

Coming coming. This fri i hope. I was away for a while. So i haven't been down to my place for a few days.