Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boyblunder

Our 1st Place

Got a few questions:

1. Are most door knobs standard sizing? Coz i need to change the knobs and bedroom doors already has the hole for the existing door knob. Coz if its different, i must change the doors as well.

2. Any one knows of any guys who sells doors at reasonable rate? I definitely need to change my main door and gate, thinking if i should change my bedroom doors.

3. Anyone knows someone who does installation for kdk fans and thus balancing for it?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by boyblunder

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

More updates

Here are some pictures of the tiling work in progress:

Tiles in on the stairs as well as the railings

IMG_3578.jpg

wish the stairs at my place could be as open as this.... but unless I do rebuilt, can't move/change the stairs :(

Got a few questions:

1. Are most door knobs standard sizing? Coz i need to change the knobs and bedroom doors already has the hole for the existing door knob. Coz if its different, i must change the doors as well.

2. Any one knows of any guys who sells doors at reasonable rate? I definitely need to change my main door and gate, thinking if i should change my bedroom doors.

3. Anyone knows someone who does installation for kdk fans and thus balancing for it?

Many thanks in advance.

I know **** is quite a popular spot for doors as well as door knobs. You can get the knobs separately and have them installed, as we did with our digital lock. There's Thye Seng (I think) for hinges and such, and Shanghai Tong Lee for more locks/knobs. Oh, if you want a laminate catalogue (Freedom), I'll be happy to pass it to you.

P.S. If you want some of that Yamazaki, you better get to it soon... it's very quickly.. evaporating~ :P

- Ely

And rickoveron is right, the electrician will do the balancing for your fan :)

Your electrician should be able to fix the kdk fans as no balancing is required.

Cheers. Thanks.

I know **** is quite a popular spot for doors as well as door knobs. You can get the knobs separately and have them installed, as we did with our digital lock. There's Thye Seng (I think) for hinges and such, and Shanghai Tong Lee for more locks/knobs. Oh, if you want a laminate catalogue (Freedom), I'll be happy to pass it to you.

P.S. If you want some of that Yamazaki, you better get to it soon... it's very quickly.. evaporating~ :P

- Ely

And rickoveron is right, the electrician will do the balancing for your fan :)

Haha. Evaporated now I think.

More pictures

The more or less completed kitchen.

5c151e9f.jpg

And the feature wall

453237d9.jpg

The dressing table with the pigeon holes

fc1ced4c.jpg

This are the finished steps. Now I am wondering if I should remove the skirting or leave it. Any suggestions?

5316c481.jpg

Nice reno progress... :good:

btw, I think remove the skirting will be better..will look nicer without them

Think so too. Gives a 'cleaner' look that matches your minimalist stairs better IMO. Any problem with the edges tho? If the workmanship is not good enough and there are horrid marks between the wall n stairs, then perhaps better to leave it. Alternative is to have really thin skirtings, which I heard from my contractor is possible for wood. For your stairs the tiles have to be cut and I heard cutting tiles into small pieces is not that easy.

My IDs also proposed railings like yours, but veto-ed by us cos not kids-safe/children friendly. :)

I agree with you folks that the stairs look nicer without the skirting, but... ... i am worried the finishing without the skirting looks horrible. I dun wanna ask them to take it all off then put it back again. 2ndly, with the skirting, my mop own't hit the wall.

Aniwaes, the capentry is nearly finished with a few rectifications and my glass and mirrors and granite tops are up as well. Just left with plumbing, painting, installations of lights and some touch ups to go and then i suppose i am all set to move in after that.

More pictures:

Yes!! We are so close to the finish line. I have already made the dates for the delivery of my sofa and beds by the end of the month. Lightings will finally be up tomorrow. Hope the lights will be all fine. And after that is done, i am just left with plumbing installations and then i will be just left with cleaning up and picking up all the loose ends and we are all set.

Pardon me for the poor quality of the pictures as it was taken from the phone.

This is the revamped utility room. Tic Tac doors for the storage area.

3efb59d8.jpg

And this is the stair railing with the glass, missing one small panel coz the measurement was wrong. Can you spot the missing piece?

952779c7.jpg

64a8f4da.jpg

And the TV console with the glass finish on top less the appliances.

3d6cbf8c.jpg

Edited by boyblunder

Yay! Happy to see that your place is almost ready. Looking forward to see the furnished state. Plus your kitchen with the wow appliances. :sport-smiley-004:

Yay! Happy to see that your place is almost ready. Looking forward to see the furnished state. Plus your kitchen with the wow appliances. :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks. I am waiting and waiting to see how things are. How's yours going?