Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

That the clever way to mount it.. i dont understand why others like to hide it inside the balcony area...

Hi R104, thanks for dropping by , I think those compressor in Balcony are due to non-approval by HDB... as my block is with mixture of EAs and EMs, we can have the compressor outside .. .. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bro, I saw ur post and intend to read it BUT I STOP myself from doing so..due to all the "sai" topic, I only read after my lunch wahahahaha..and now BURP! feeling full, thank you :bleah:

Sis Lady_R, this thread help if you want to go on diet ;)

I would but I suspect my wife may not appreciate me practising with others ;).

RB

Bro RB, it's a non-contact finger to flushing button jung-fu, I'm sure Mrs RB is ok... :D

Sis Ely, then can I be called "Sir Poo" from this day on ? :o:D

you already knighted by the "queen". Sir Poo will be your nick from now on. Haha....

So much for "sai" discussion , some reno updates :

staircase parquet is up.... but yet to grind and varnish :)

we're happy that this is the actual effect we wanted for our stairs...

IMG-20110522-00602.jpg

view from top... ...

IMG-20110522-00601.jpg

the parquet steps need little planks to hold them together for a few days before grinding and varnishing....

IMG-20110522-00600.jpg

We have the same and I very much agree that is looks great. It is our handrail we hate :D.

RB

oops it's a bad choice to stop by this blog during office hour.... cos i never failed to laugh out loud upon reading the discussion here~ :lol:

wah bro, club med siah, no wonder you can't keng your way out of the retreat LOL :P

IMG-20110522-00602.jpg

view from top... ...

IMG-20110522-00601.jpg

the parquet steps need little planks to hold them together for a few days before grinding and varnishing....

IMG-20110522-00600.jpg

oooh love the stairs. would you mind sharing how much it costs??

Hey bro, my ID has proposed the same parquet steps too! Looks good huh? :sport-smiley-004:

We have the same and I very much agree that is looks great. It is our handrail we hate :D.

RB

:yamseng::good:

oops it's a bad choice to stop by this blog during office hour.... cos i never failed to laugh out loud upon reading the discussion here~ :lol:

wah bro, club med siah, no wonder you can't keng your way out of the retreat LOL :P

Sis Marshy, this t-blog can be RT Non-Official "Pang Sai" discussion thread.... But I like they way he name in Canto much better "Orr See" ..... "Orr See" sounds 100 times better than "Pang Sai".... no wonder peep always say Hokkien language is not very pleasent for the ear....

oooh love the stairs. would you mind sharing how much it costs??

Hi Patsy_sg, thanks for dropping by :) Quoted 2.8k for the parquet staircase... But there after I change it to parquet on steps only, may need to add a little more for workmanship due to this design is take slightly more time to construct than laying parquet over the whole stairs (although this design uses less parquet)... my contractor have not talk to me about the additional cost yet.. .. but will not be alot...

Hey bro, my ID has proposed the same parquet steps too! Looks good huh? :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Sis Adidaem, yes, I think if you are having this with your wired stainless steel railings combination, final product will be very nice .... :dribble:

Sis Marshy, this t-blog can be RT Non-Official "Pang Sai" discussion thread.... But I like they way he name in Canto much better "Orr See" ..... "Orr See" sounds 100 times better than "Pang Sai".... no wonder peep always say Hokkien language is not very pleasent for the ear....

aiyoooooo.... "orr see"! hahahahahaha you made me LOL again! :rofl:

welcome back Sai king, do you know that adidaem has piqued my interest in Toto wash basins now cos she shared with me her extra catalog and prices from her rackey on saturday. have you officially ordered your WC? if not , perhaps at least we 3 can join together to ask if they can give a bigger discount since we would be buying more than WCs :sport-smiley-004:

love love your staircase, you must be happy to come back to see that progress after your club med 'forced' retreat :P

Edited by sleek

Hi,

Yeah we are very close to each other. I also stay 300 series but nearer to ring road.

Your Em and mine same layout.

Good luck with your reno, hse coming along nicely!

Sorry ToTo fans !! Yesterday I was along Balestier with wife almost whole afternoon, light shop bath shop light shop bath shop.... After discovering 40% at Ideal Bathroom, very excited to share the joy with friends in RT as I know some of you are interested to have Bravat.... But was really tired at night so did not log into RT....

Beside Ideal bathroom at Balestier is Sim Siang Choon , beside Sim Siang Choon, Adamas.... I ever went to Adamas along Jln Besar before, ther quote me ToTo 20% but with a higher retail price... So to me they are not really honest with their prices... but yesterday, since wife and me almost conquered the whole stretch of Balestier, we decided to go into Adamas again and try our luck on ToTo discount.... I went in, told the sales staff the model I want and the price I want... and guess what, I got about 23% discount.... :sport-smiley-004: for only 2 WCs.... no other stuffs :sport-smiley-004:

Bro and Sis interested can PM me, I'll let you know which sales staff to look for.... :sport-smiley-004:

welcome back Sai king, do you know that adidaem has piqued my interest in Toto wash basins now cos she shared with me her extra catalog and prices from her rackey on saturday. have you officially ordered your WC? if not , perhaps at least we 3 can join together to ask if they can give a bigger discount since we would be buying more than WCs :sport-smiley-004:

love love your staircase, you must be happy to come back to see that progress after your club med 'forced' retreat :P

Sis Sleek and ToTo fans, no change on my best discount got for ToTo - updated few days ago.... but be sure you get the model number as I've mentioned that they quote a slightly different retail price....Yes I don't mind joining to buy so that we can squeeze them for more discount :sport-smiley-004:

Yes, we also love the stairs.... luckily it turned out well.... :sport-smiley-004:

Sis Sleek, should be "Sir Sai" and not "sai king" :o kekekekekekeke

Edited by Kobelala

aiyoooooo.... "orr see"! hahahahahaha you made me LOL again! :rofl:

Sis Marshy, do u know what is "pee sai" ??? :D

Hi,

Yeah we are very close to each other. I also stay 300 series but nearer to ring road.

Your Em and mine same layout.

Good luck with your reno, hse coming along nicely!

Thanks rotty, just posted at your blog.... hahahahaha do share more pics at your blog... will drop by to spam your blog :o:D

Inspired by Sis Ely....

we were chatting about adoption of 2 cats and also a dog when wife n me settled down in our home in Sis Ely thread.... ...

was telling Sis Ely how wife n me still missed our late Jack Russel Terrier who passed away 3 yrs ago...

it's really funny how a pet can have so much impact in our life.... well there's a saying I always always agree "the only thing that loves u more than itself is a dog".... We're glad to have taken care of him well, wife cried like crazy when he passed away....

kobelala.jpg

kobelala2.jpg

Pic was taken many years ago, when he's reaching adulthood.... :) still got the "goondu" look on him :D

Edited by Kobelala