Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LADY_R

Our Crib

Hi Everyone,

Welcome & Thanks for willing to read Our T-Blog :D

Been thinking of starting my T-Blog for quite sometime but guess I didn't have any courage to do so till now :P

Our journey in search for our 2nd nest started end of October 2010, where both of us were talking and suddenly a topic of moving to a better & bigger place came across our conversation. It only took us a few weeks to find the "right" one (i'm still hoping that we make the right decision thou). After viewing a few units, meeting a few greedy owners, we finally found what we been looking for:

* reasonable Valuation

* reasonable COV

* quiet & breezy especially at night time.

It took us 10mins to confirm everything with our agent after 1st viewing :P

So..before I drag too long..here is our floor plan

Our Crib

img001.jpg

Any comments or suggestions are welcome...

Edited by LADY_R

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Before I start writting down our reno journey, would like to post all pictures "in memory of our 1st House".. Sigh..I still love & will miss our 1st Love Nest

IMG_0284.jpg

Daughter's room

IMG_0286.jpg

"RED" room :P

IMG_0290.jpg

Master Bedroom

IMG_0292.jpg

Kitchen View 1

Yo! Welcome! Finally got your own t-blog!

and yes, think our layout is exactly the same (i haven't check all the dimensions, but i think it's the same la)...

btw, yours is at 40x area or 55x area?

anyway, i thought your old place looks quite new and well-maintained, esp the kitchen...

Yo! Welcome! Finally got your own t-blog!

and yes, think our layout is exactly the same (i haven't check all the dimensions, but i think it's the same la)...

btw, yours is at 40x area or 55x area?

Yes Bro! :sport-smiley-004: finally rite..after reading so many t-blog from the rest, i have the courage to do mine..

99% our layout is d same, only for the wc location :P & btw mine is at 40* area

anyway, i thought your old place looks quite new and well-maintained, esp the kitchen...

we bought our old place in 2004 after we got married, so been staying there for only 6yrs. True everything in that house is well maintained, thats why i'm a bit sad when we sell it to irresponsible buyer :bangwall: . I love my kitchen, just that I find it too small, & the solid surface is a low quality bcos the colour faded after 2yrs staying there. Now I miss my oven :(

Supposed to go for inspection this afternoon, but receive smses from our agent last night saying that buyer still packing their stuff. Probably Sunday night when they have totally shift their things out then we can do inspection. Anyway, its ok on our side. From our mutual agreement after 2nd appointment, buyer requested to extend 1 more week for them to settle down. And since their new house is ready now, they don't required to and we just glad that so far everything goes smoothly.. Can't wait for 22nd to take picture of the house.. :dancingqueen:

Edited by LADY_R

Before our 1st appointment, we went to 3 IDs & 1 contractor asking for some design and quotation. 3 reply to us and 1 MIA! lol

Along the way, we did learn a lot. 1 id did give us some idea, can be say a very good design & definately very expensive too. Another id only ask what we wanted to do, he supposed to help us planned everything eh not me giving him the idea what to do & only produce expesive 3D for us! :furious:

In the end we decided to take a contractor introduced by my sister. Since I know what I want and can come out with the design, I dont think I need the help from any ID to visualise my design.

So far we dont have any problem with our contractor during discussion, just hope that our journey with them will be a smooth one :P

Edited by LADY_R

This is our proposed design

407_html_5f85e541.jpg

A lot of hacking need to be done, we still waiting for the approval from HDB....

Any comments or suggestions on our design are welcome :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by LADY_R

Congrats in getting your 2nd home... Sure good idea for island and big kitchen!! :)

Hi May, thanks! your kitchen is big too & with an island right.. :D I guess we ladies like to spend more time in the kitchen.

I hope my design is acceptable as lots of wall need to be hack..and still waiting for approval

Woohoooo !! Congrats on your new EM, new T-Blog... wow ! very nice design for Kitchen, can't wait to see the finished product :jawdrop::sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Kobelala

Woohoooo !! Congrats on your new EM, new T-Blog... wow ! very nice design for Kitchen, can't wait to see the finished product :jawdrop::sport-smiley-004:

Thanks kobelala..

Yes!!! I cant wait to see the finished product *excited mode*

Hi May, thanks! your kitchen is big too & with an island right.. :D I guess we ladies like to spend more time in the kitchen.

I hope my design is acceptable as lots of wall need to be hack..and still waiting for approval

If your id send correct info to hdb then sure get approved. Hope yours will get approved smoothly, not like mine.

This is our proposed design

407_html_5f85e541.jpg

A lot of hacking need to be done, we still waiting for the approval from HDB....

Any comments or suggestions on our design are welcome :sport-smiley-018:

woah...got island and bathtub...envious la...really alot of hacking man...is ur kitchen sink at the far end??? prob better to have it nearer to your island...unless ur island has a sink too...

woah...got island and bathtub...envious la...really alot of hacking man...is ur kitchen sink at the far end??? prob better to have it nearer to your island...unless ur island has a sink too...

yes, my kitchen sink at the far end, can't put it near as my kitchen cabinets is all full height. Have told my husband about a sink at the island..but he rejected my plan :bangwall: