Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi adidaem! could you please share with me where did you get your long balcony ceiling fan? i'm looking high and low but everyone is telling me that they don't have fans that long =(

Hi adidaem,

I love your kitchen! Is the laminate gloss or matt white? I wanted matt white, but my ID says matt white laminate dun look as nice as gloss white.

But your kitchen looks nice, and laminate seems to be matt..

Thanks for sharing your experience. Based on your description, I'm getting the air con supplier to do something similar for me now.

No prob. Thanks to you I now know about drippy compressors. :)

Suspect my hubby knows cos he was the one who insisted on having a tray. I went along cos I thought the bottom will look ugly otherwise. So superficial! Haha!

hi adidaem! could you please share with me where did you get your long balcony ceiling fan? i'm looking high and low but everyone is telling me that they don't have fans that long =(

It was sourced by my ID - it's not the fan that is long, but the pole... all 2.5m of it. Think you pay more for longer pole lengths.

Hi adidaem,

I love your kitchen! Is the laminate gloss or matt white? I wanted matt white, but my ID says matt white laminate dun look as nice as gloss white.

But your kitchen looks nice, and laminate seems to be matt..

Yup, matt white. I guess matt or glossy is personal preference? All my laminates are matt. Good for people with greasy fingers like me! Glossy laminates are finger print magnets...

May I know where you bought the lego paper towel holder from?

Quite a while back from Toystation in Serene Centre. No longer stocked I think.

We were looking at this set for our study too! We needed two tables and two shelves and some other stuff. After some math, we decided to do build-ins as cost would amount to slightly more than the total from Ikea.

Before everyone thinks I only go for branded stuff, here's something from Ikea that I'm eyeing...

besta-burs-desk-combination-white-high-gloss__0114796_pe267732_s4.jpg

Looks good rite? I think it'll be great in my bedroom, but will hold back from buying till we get a sense of the space when reno is done.

Pricing and specs and links can be found here.

We were looking at this set for our study too! We needed two tables and two shelves and some other stuff. After some math, we decided to do build-ins as cost would amount to slightly more than the total from Ikea.

My eventual choice for study table 6 months after moving in:

study-desk.jpg

Read too many scary stories of MDF made furniture falling apart, plus I love the solid wood feel.

My eventual choice for study table 6 months after moving in:

study-desk.jpg

Read too many scary stories of MDF made furniture falling apart, plus I love the solid wood feel.

Hi adidaem,

You have a lovely house and great taste! =)

There were a few items which you got which I am also interested in! hehe could I check a few things with u?

1)For the baby arco lamp, how much was it? Do you know if the only place that sells it is lifestorey?

2) Did u get your Mathmos AirSwitch Lamps from Singapore? If yes, where and how much were they? Does the voltage pose any problem?

3) Where did u get your kartell moon bowl and how much was it?

4) Lastly, where did u get your Emeco Navy chair from and how much was it? Is it comfortable as a study chair? Cuz it looks kinda hard even though i love the design! hehe

Sorry for the numerous questions..=p

Hi adidaem,

You have a lovely house and great taste! =)

There were a few items which you got which I am also interested in! hehe could I check a few things with u?

1)For the baby arco lamp, how much was it? Do you know if the only place that sells it is lifestorey?

2) Did u get your Mathmos AirSwitch Lamps from Singapore? If yes, where and how much were they? Does the voltage pose any problem?

3) Where did u get your kartell moon bowl and how much was it?

4) Lastly, where did u get your Emeco Navy chair from and how much was it? Is it comfortable as a study chair? Cuz it looks kinda hard even though i love the design! hehe

Sorry for the numerous questions..=p

I really can't remember the prices, but all of them were bought at 30 to 50% off usual prices (during sales).

1, 2, 3 - from LifeStorey @ Great World City, all compatible with local voltage/plugs. FYI Moon Bowl is also avail at Space but LifeStorey offer was better

4 - from Space @ Bencoolen. Not great as a study chair but I bought it cos of other reasons (near indestructibility mostly). We got a chair pad from IKEA for it.

I really can't remember the prices, but all of them were bought at 30 to 50% off usual prices (during sales).

1, 2, 3 - from LifeStorey @ Great World City, all compatible with local voltage/plugs. FYI Moon Bowl is also avail at Space but LifeStorey offer was better

4 - from Space @ Bencoolen. Not great as a study chair but I bought it cos of other reasons (near indestructibility mostly). We got a chair pad from IKEA for it.

Thx alot adidaem! =)

Hi, please PM me on the cost involved in engaging your contractor (atelier ma)for the work done on yr EM.

Thanks

I know I shouldn’t find the description funny, but honestly reading this line cracks me up… “The clarity between form, shades and shadow thus intensify the sense of contemplation and purification within the spatial experience.” Hmm, I guess I should feel purer (?) now that I’m staying in the apartment? :P

The line is taken from my IDs’ website of course: http://www.atelier-ma.com/en/projects.php

You can read more about the design concept and see nicer pics from the website. Just look out for the pic with the red elephant. :)

Here are some pics to whet your appetite:

dsc_6701.jpg

dsc_6710.jpg

Hi, please PM me on the cost involved in engaging your contractor (atelier ma)for the work done on yr EM.

Thanks

And I repeat again:

If you like what you see, do refer to my posts here and in my WP blog for information on my purchases and ID. I've really been very open about where I got my stuff from and even their dimensions. Plus it's only common courtesy to check thru the blogs 1st if the info has already been provided so that I (and other RT-bloggers) do not have to answer the same question 10-over times... if you feel offended at reading this, then don't read my blog. But I hope you enjoy the pics anyway. :yamseng:

My IDs are: Atelier M+A

If you like what you see, email them and they will call you back. Please don't expect them to give you contractor prices tho. Or ask them to quote for a "insert size" HDB flat without any discussion or seeing the floor plan yet. They are IDs, not contractors. I'm writing this cos I hear that they get weird requests from people who read my blog, which I find to be slightly embarrassing. :o

My contractor has requested not to be named, so I will not be providing his contact. He is actually a trained architect and providing ID services as well. So he only accepts 'project management' jobs like the one he did for my place from IDs he has worked/is friends with.

I WILL NOT SHARE MY TOTAL RENO COST OR QUOTATION, SO PLS DO NOT ASK! I have peppered this all over the thread and on my blog but I still get requests. If you want to know why you can read this: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40600&view=findpost&p=725278

This is on the first post on this thread. Again, common courtesy to read before asking questions...