Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Hi there,

You have an amazing house there.

Notice that you are using roller blinds and some of which seemed pretty wide.

Can I asked, what is the maximum width you got there? and where you get it from?

A price will be the best, as I am searching high and low for something which is longer than usual.

thanks.

Widest blind is the one in the living room at the balcony door - 1.75m wide.

Blind supplier: LuvArt, name is Daryl, hp 9871 0111. TANA brand of blinds.

I didn't get the psf breakdown and revealing my total cost is pointless since I probably did double the amount of blinds vs most HDB owners. I have day/night blinds, floor to ceiling blinds for 3 walls/doorways (2.5m long), even blinds in my toilets. Just call and ask for the quote if you are interested.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes when I purchase the flat new rules already out So that's is y we consider the 5 yrs stay ruling we decided to increase our budget. But is really such a pain when hard earn cash got to spent n comparing those getting new place don't really need to Reno that much.

I bought my Air furniture 6 months ago and don't think will get anything soon since my coffee table, dining n sofa are from them... Later become a Air showroom :sport-smiley-004:

If it helps, your older flat is much more spacious. I just did a comparative of the older HDB floor plans/layout vs the latest ones: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/mystery-of-the-not-shrinking-hdb-flat/ and the bedroom sizes: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/part-3-comparing-hdb-bedroom-sizes/

Overall size of the flat aside, the 2nd & 3rd bedroom has shrunk 29% for the newer 4 room flats vs the pre-1996 ones.

Personally I choose to stay in EM vs condo cos I'll rather have the space & location/convenience. Still loving it. :)

I don't like Lush - not a fan of replicas and we found the quality and pricing to be so-so. Remember that we made a beeline for the exit after we spotted a rusty screw on one of the display items (butterfly stool replica). :wacko: Could just be that piece but we didn't get the 'I love the place' vibe from Lush unlike some of the other stores we visited.

As for Air, we find the 'feel' of the wooden pieces from Air hard to beat, except by the Italian & Japanese brands that costs quite a lot more. The other local brands with wooden stuff tend to feel more rough hewn - e.g. Mountain Teak, Commune, White Woods. Personal preference for smoother finishes. Even the pieces from Grafunkt (that was also started by Nathan Yong) doesn't always have the finishing that we prefer.

I don't like Lush - not a fan of replicas and we found the quality and pricing to be so-so. Remember that we made a beeline for the exit after we spotted a rusty screw on one of the display items (butterfly stool replica). :wacko: Could just be that piece but we didn't get the 'I love the place' vibe from Lush unlike some of the other stores we visited.

As for Air, we find the 'feel' of the wooden pieces from Air hard to beat, except by the Italian & Japanese brands that costs quite a lot more. The other local brands with wooden stuff tend to feel more rough hewn - e.g. Mountain Teak, Commune, White Woods. Personal preference for smoother finishes. Even the pieces from Grafunkt (that was also started by Nathan Yong) doesn't always have the finishing that we prefer.

I didn't like Lush either.. I am okay with replicas but seems over hyped for a replica store..

AIR is really nice... but some designs too modern for my taste.

Hi there!

its been a dead end so far for the stair rails design you have (i bought an EM too!) which we love to have for our place. many contractors turn down this design and i was wondering how did you get yours done? it looks minimal, modern and safe...

thanks.

I didn't like Lush either.. I am okay with replicas but seems over hyped for a replica store..

AIR is really nice... but some designs too modern for my taste.

Hmm... didn't know there is hype for Lush? It's just replicas so I didn't feel any special oomph in their inventory. I remember they had an original range of wooden furniture but wasn't impressed by the prices or finishing. Think it didn't help that I had seen/touched some of the original pieces by the time I went to Lush. To give an analogy, it's like going to an original branded bag store just before going to the fake bag store (I did that once!). After knowing how buttery soft the leather on the original bags are, the fakes failed just based on the 'touch' test.

For Air, it's an odd mix - I find some of their chairs fairly retro, like school-chair kinda look. Am not so much into their marble/steel combo or ultra modern range. Still love most of their wooden stuff - such smooth surfaces and nice grains. :wub:

Hi there!

its been a dead end so far for the stair rails design you have (i bought an EM too!) which we love to have for our place. many contractors turn down this design and i was wondering how did you get yours done? it looks minimal, modern and safe...

thanks.

Why did the contractors turn down the design? Wasn't aware of any hiccups in the fabrication of the railings. My IDs designed and my contractor got a sub-con to do it.

Hi adidaem, does the air con compressor in your balcony leak water? Mine does, and the air con supplier is saying it's normal for compressors to leak water due to condensation. Do you have the same experience and how did you resolve it? Many thanks for sharing!

Hi adidaem, does the air con compressor in your balcony leak water? Mine does, and the air con supplier is saying it's normal for compressors to leak water due to condensation. Do you have the same experience and how did you resolve it? Many thanks for sharing!

No leak that I am aware of. Hope you get an answer from others.

Hi fishponder

If is condensation from the copper pipes which can be seen the water droplets forming around the said pipes.

This can be solved by having a tray placed just below the compressor. The tray has an PVC pipe connects to the drainage.

The water shall drips and collect by the tray instead of dripping on the floor

Hi fishponder

If is condensation from the copper pipes which can be seen the water droplets forming around the said pipes.

This can be solved by having a tray placed just below the compressor. The tray has an PVC pipe connects to the drainage.

The water shall drips and collect by the tray instead of dripping on the floor

Oh, maybe that is why I didn't encounter any dripping problem. We have trays (with drainage pipes) for my compressors.

Thanks exman and adidaem for your replies. Does the pipe for this tray need to be linked to some drainage place, like bathroom? Or do I need to manually empty water from this tray? Thanks much!

As the tray is with the Aircon compressor which this component are placed outside the MBR wall or above the balcony wall that the tray drainage piping is to joint the main water trap at the balcony or direct joint to the main discharge pipe by cutting up a hole.

Oh my water discharge pipe goes to the waste trap in the balcony. No need to manually empty.