Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Hi adidaem,like to check with you on something via pm but cant get thru ...mind if you drop me a mail? Its regarding your house area...

Thanks! Kennethgohjk@gmail.com

Appreciated!

Sent u a PM - not sure if you subscribed to alerts.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

adidaem : You are very knowledgeable. Am new and a lot to learn from you guys but probably can't afford the budget that you have spent. Getting my keys in a few weeks time and sourcing for ID/contractor soon. What is your take on ID and contractor. Can PM me? Tks for sharing.

adidaem : You are very knowledgeable. Am new and a lot to learn from you guys but probably can't afford the budget that you have spent. Getting my keys in a few weeks time and sourcing for ID/contractor soon. What is your take on ID and contractor. Can PM me? Tks for sharing.

Hi Ode,

Thanks but this is my first reno so I am only that much more experienced reno wise.

Not sure if yours is a generic or specific question. If it is a generic one, I think I agree with this post's definition of contractor, renovator and ID. http://twentyseventhmay.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/choosing-the-right-interior-designerrenovatorcontractor/

I saw you mention your budget in another thread and I think neither my ID nor contractor can help unless you can increase your budget. Let me know if you have a more flexible budget.

Long time no new pics... this is more or less the usual 'live-in' look. The remotes are usually thrown around the different stools/sofa depending on who sits where. The elephant is my personal foot rest... (hubby doesn't quite dare to use my precious elephant). :D

p1050086.jpg

Visitors are usually a bit surprised we don't have a coffee table, but so far we are quite happy without one. Kinda used to have a big space in the middle rather than having a table which we have to circle around - so probably no coffee table for us.

Anyone else who doesn't have a coffee table?

May i know where can get the lego toy?

May i know where can get the lego toy?

I don't think LEGO stores sell them, but you can try asking (I've been trying with some stores for years and no luck yet tho). :bleah: I got mine a few years back when I chanced upon the last fig on sale at a toy store.

Ebay has a few, but at ridiculous prices:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/sch/i.html?_nkw=lego+display+19+&_sacat=0&_odkw=lego+display+man&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Cheaper via Bricklink, the unofficial LEGO marketplace for collectors:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=display+figure

Hi, just a quick update on some of the stuff I've bought so far (and blogged earlier in my wordpress blog):

I think I wrote quite a lot in my wordpress blog, so won't repeat again here.

From the short list above, you can sort of see what I mean by I get tempted right? Sigh, am a bad gal...

Hihi! Would like to check with you on how your Fujioh hood is working so far? I am considering getting a Fujioh but am unsure of it's suction power.. Any comments on your hood so far?

Thanks!

Hihi! Would like to check with you on how your Fujioh hood is working so far? I am considering getting a Fujioh but am unsure of it's suction power.. Any comments on your hood so far?

Thanks!

Hubby likes it cos of the height - unlike most other hoods, you won't get the dreaded 'I hit my head on the hood' effect.

As for suction power - not sure leh. We don't do any oily cooking and have not experimented with/without hood effect.

hi! Beautiful home you have. Could you share your ID and quote with me? happybee89@gmail.com

Thanks!

ID contact is in my signature... and my 1st post.

u went to grafunkt... i already stopped visiting these places. dont want to buy anymore stuffs.

their sale like no sale. :sport-smiley-018: still ex sia.

u went to grafunkt... i already stopped visiting these places. dont want to buy anymore stuffs.

their sale like no sale. :sport-smiley-018: still ex sia.

Haha, was in the area and wanted to have a look at the 'Float' side table. The display pieces are ok lar, really have 50% off. I like wood (and not MDF) furniture, and realized that nice solid wood furniture with good finishing simply doesn't come cheap.

We actually didn't have the budget to do/buy all the stuff we wanted when we were doing the reno, so doing some more stuff/shopping now that we managed to save some $ over the past months. We are also still on the lookout for wall decoration.

what kind of wall deco are u looking for? maybe i might have come across some sites that u wanted the item.

what kind of wall deco are u looking for? maybe i might have come across some sites that u wanted the item.

We are still searching for a common style that we both like. I tend to lean towards the cute or grotesque/disturbing or a mixture of both, which he vetoes. He goes for patterns or subject matters that I veto. So between the 2 of us, we veto like 99 out of 100 pieces we come across.

The 2 walls we have problems with are:

Behind the sofa:

dsc_6710.jpg

Dining area:

dining-4.jpg

We would like something with 'impact', but not so much that it's 'jarring'.

Just not too vintage cos it doesn't suit my place... I think the bedrooms are more forgiving in terms of style tho.

Why don't you share the sites anyway? Even if it may not suit my place, other RT-ers may find it helpful. :)

u are looking for posters or wall paper? u like subtle or meaningful?

hard to share cuz i dont really save the places that i surf.

u are looking for posters or wall paper? u like subtle or meaningful?

hard to share cuz i dont really save the places that i surf.

I prefer something subtle - more art than poster. Not wall paper. Something like a statement piece?

But I think finding suitable art pieces requires some degree of 'fate'... so far, seen lots that I like but few that I can afford. :(

Ok, these are really really pricey - just FYI in case there are people who are interested... I was also quite 'stunned' by some of the 'discounted' prices.

For those who are looking for nice outdoor furniture, you may like to pop by Marquis at Tai Seng. They have been having sales on the EMU range for a while. So far, still one of the best 'metal' type outdoor furniture that I have seen (not a fan of faux rattan or heavy teak pieces).

More here: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/pre-gss-2012-promotions-at-marquis/

For those who would like to get authentic Tom Dixon Beat lamps, XTRA is having promo - 3 of various sizes @ $1.6K. Not cheap but you are getting the original stuff. Quite a number of other offers you may like to have a look at.

More here: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/xtra-spring-summer-deals/