Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Drexter

Our Home

The ID says, he throw in alot of freebies, absorb alot of cost already. So I tell him, "nvm, forget about the additional soft closing items and do as per discussed. If I want, then I change myself." Case closed.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The ID says, he throw in alot of freebies, absorb alot of cost already. So I tell him, "nvm, forget about the additional soft closing items and do as per discussed. If I want, then I change myself." Case closed.

Brother,

A while ago, I spoke to ID and he told me that he didn't ask you to pay full amount, he only asked how much you can top up, considering he didn't charge you any Variation works (like mirror you asked for your MIL's existing wardrobe, boxed up cornice hole, soft closing for doors at kitchen, false ceiling, kerb tiling, etc) till now which is much higher.

Anyway, I am glad you close the case. :thumbs up:

Brother,

A while ago, I spoke to ID and he told me that he didn't ask you to pay full amount, he only asked how much you can top up, considering he didn't charge you any Variation works (like mirror you asked for your MIL's existing wardrobe, boxed up cornice hole, soft closing for doors at kitchen, false ceiling, kerb tiling, etc) till now which is much higher.

Anyway, I am glad you close the case. :thumbs up:

Yup, he gave me the cost of all the stuff he absorbed and threw in. So I can't say anything about it but to close the case. When I am richer in future, then I change the stuff to "anti-slam" lo.

Anyway, he didn't gave me the difference between the 3 tier sys and the additional soft closing drawers but instead, telling me each drawer cost $88 (this price was from the link I sent it to him). There are 3 kitchen drawers, 2 console drawers and 2 casement doors of wardrobe. Total 5 drawers and 2 casement doors. But he calculated by multiplying 7 x $88 = $616. From the website, hinges of casement wardrobe doors are cheaper and not $88. There are a few sizes/models of soft closing drawers ranging from $40-$88. It does not mean that all the drawers are using the $88 type.

I think he should check with Excel on the cost before quoting me such prices.

Edited by Drexter

Anyway, he didn't gave me the difference between the 3 tier sys and the additional soft closing drawers but instead, telling me each drawer cost $88 (this price was from the link I sent it to him). There are 3 kitchen drawers, 2 console drawers and 2 casement doors of wardrobe. Total 5 drawers and 2 casement doors. But he calculated by multiplying 7 x $88 = $616. From the website, hinges of casement wardrobe doors are cheaper and not $88. There are a few sizes/models of soft closing drawers ranging from $40-$88. It does not mean that all the drawers are using the $88 type.

I think he should check with Excel on the cost before quoting me such prices.

Brother,

I think there is some misunderstanding among you & ID. You were trying to ask him to absorb all the costs, but he can't oblige because he had thrown in nearly $800 worth of items FOC to you, hence there will be some additional actual costs which will be incurred due to this. He therefore gave a ball park figure as assumption...

He forward me the following message which I guess is from his whatsapp with you:

quote:

So let s assume three for kitchen , two for console and **two only for wardrobe total seven multiply by $88 plus gst $659.12

How much you can top up (unQuote)

From above transcription, he has used the word 'assume' & asteriks ** for the wardrobe to convey a cost incurred which you are aware of.

To be honest with you, I think you have over reacted over this matter, which to this moment, ID is still trying to help resolve this issue with you.

For variation works or top up works, most if not all ID will jolly well tell owner how much you must pay up!!

You tell me how many ID will ask you 'how much you are willing to top up, besides those FOC items which ID gives willingly?

Edited by mae29

Brother,

I think there is some misunderstanding among you & ID. You were trying to ask him to absorb all the costs, but he can't oblige because he had thrown in nearly $800 worth of items FOC to you, hence there will be some additional actual costs which will be incurred due to this. He therefore gave a ball park figure as assumption...

He forward me the following message which I guess is from his whatsapp with you:

quote:

So let s assume three for kitchen , two for console and **two only for wardrobe total seven multiply by $88 plus gst $659.12

How much you can top up (unQuote)

From above transcription, he has used the word 'assume' to convey a cost incurred which you are aware of.

To be honest with you, I think you have over reacted over this matter, which to this moment, ID is still trying to help resolve this issue with you.

For variation works or top up works, most if not all ID will jolly well tell owner how much you must pay up!!

You tell me how many ID will ask you 'how much you are willing to top up, besides those FOC items which ID gives willingly?

We emphasized on the soft closing everytime we meet. It was clearly promised and not supplied. He himself told me that heavy duty 3 tier sys is soft closing. Which he misinterpret wrongly and didn't know that Excel has soft closing drawers that are similar to BLUM. What is the result when you google soft closing drawers? Result is 3 tier sys? Anyway, I can't blame him, cos I signed on the contract.

Yes, you are right. But I dun have anymore money to top up, how?

Does that tell you that I am a bad customer? Lights of the same model elsewhere is easily cheaper than what we bought. Knowing that going to light shop ourselves and with ID has a price difference. But we are ok to go with him as his service at that point of time is satisfactory and I know that he could also earn some commission from there.

Mae, No ID is perfect. Just admit and get over it. Next time, explain clearly to customers. We are all layman. Know nothing about renovation.

Edited by Drexter

Yes, I do not deny that I appreciate all the FOC items he had given. Which is why, I didn't ask for more. If he says cant FOC anymore, I also bobian. I am just not satisfied what has promised and not given. Perhaps, I focused too much on soft-closing stuff right from the start.

Since you quote, I think I also quote lo.

We signed up for sliding doors for wardrobe in the contract. Knowing that one side cant be sliding doors due to the space constraint after carpenter on-site measurement and will be using casement, I thought the difference in sliding and casement could afford for soft closing hinges, therefore I msg the following.

Quote:

Me: Wardrobe is casement, is same as those doors. And sliding doors are more expensive than casement so should be able to cover right?

ID: If u calculate tis way. I can do as per sliding doors.

Unquote

Attitude?

What is the result when you google soft closing drawers? Result is 3 tier sys? Anyway, I can't blame him, cos I signed on the contract.

Yes, you are right. But I dun have anymore money to top up, how?

Does that tell you that I am a bad customer?

Brother

Well, during pre-reno we could have discussed many things, but omission & error are inevitable, as you have mentioned NO ID is perfect. I'm not trying to defend anyone, but you can't claimed he has promised you but not supplied unless stipulated in the signed contract, then you can claim this statement 'that he promised but not supplied'.

Another incident.

First, ID told us that the toilet window application for single panel was not approved. So he installed the 3 panel window.

Days later, we received the letter from HDB, I was shocked that it was stated single panel toilet window application approved.

Did we make a big fuss?

Another incident.

The common toilet wall was over-hacked which caused a big hole in the master bedroom as shown in the pic below. Is that serious?

Did we make a big fuss?

5905498472_1b24c3217c_o.jpg

Edited by Drexter

Another incident.

First, ID told us that the toilet window application for single panel was not approved. So he installed the 3 panel window.

Days later, we received the letter from HDB, I was shocked that it was stated single panel toilet window application approved.

Did we make a big fuss?

Another incident.

The common toilet wall was over-hacked which caused a big hole in the master bedroom as shown in the pic below. Is that serious?

Did we make a big fuss?

Did you read my reno journey in my blog? I will kick a fuss if the problems are not resolved.

Most important is whether issues are solved at the end of reno.

Haiz.. Enuff of my aircon issue, just hope they do a good job on this Wednesday.

Take a look at my tiny store room. :)

271900_10150363521564778_589364777_10179110_7662605_o.jpg

266373_10150363522049778_589364777_10179113_2728886_o.jpg

ha, enuf of ID issue...

Wow...your store room is really tiny.

Did you read my reno journey in my blog? I will kick a fuss if the problems are not resolved.

Most important is whether issues are solved at the end of reno.

We are just being nice and knew that no reno is perfect.

Since you quote, I think I also quote lo.

We signed up for sliding doors for wardrobe in the contract. Knowing that one side cant be sliding doors due to the space constraint after carpenter on-site measurement and will be using casement, I thought the difference in sliding and casement could afford for soft closing hinges, therefore I msg the following.

Quote:

Me: Wardrobe is casement, is same as those doors. And sliding doors are more expensive than casement so should be able to cover right?

ID: If u calculate tis way. I can do as per sliding doors.

Unquote

Attitude?

Actually it is a matter of how you convey it to him too.

Well, I guess the small amount is not an issue to ID as he had already given you an upfront $2.5K discount and absorbed $790 for you.

"Circumstances does not make the man, it reveals him to himself. - by James Allen" This is a quote I received this morning to share. :)

Edited by mae29

Hi, BlackCookie

Thank you for sharing the information. I didn't know it will cause the clothes to become moudly or stink!! Yuk yuk yuk!!!

I used to wash all the old clothes once in while to get rid of the stinky smell, no matter how clean I washed them (I always use fragrance softener for each wash)!! Nowadays, I try to leave the wardrobe doors slightly ajar and I am packing up all unworn & old clothes to leave more space in between the clothes in the wardrobe.

Hi mae29, just so you know that you shouldn't use softener on pure cotton as it would only have counter effect of hardening the fabric. Weather in Singapore is very wet so I've been seeking dehumidifier for the wardrobe but I've had enough of hungry hippos. Was thinking of WIW in my new place (that's in 3 years time so I'm just lurking here) but humidity issue of of major concern to me. Headache! I had stinky/dusty/moldy clothes before when I had an open wardrobe, that's why.

Thanks for the advice. Have u tried air purifier?

Yes but not much use unless the room is kept enclosed 24/7.

As for Drexter, if you can prove in your messages that the ID has promised you certain things and hasn't delivered, you do reserve the right to take action. However, in this case, it seems that it was more of a misunderstanding issue. Would suggest that you sit your ID down and speak to him and how cost can be lowered since your hands are tied. I believe if you sit someone down and talk to them in a civil manner, compromises can be reached.