Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Drexter

Our Home

Is it worth or neccessary to sign the air-con maintenance package from Gain City?

We did for our first purchase and they came and cleaned 3-4 times a year for 2 years. The contract did not include the compressor outside though or gas top up (IIRC). The cleaning they do is the same as you could do yourself if you get one of the kits from HomeFix). It really is nothing special and def not a chemical clean which we have been advised to do once a year to get rid of the algae / mould / jelly build up.

We use a different company now who also service the compressor as well if needed.

RB

Edited by RimBlock

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In the end, bought the Toshiba System 4 inverter from gain city

5800040146_5342a3e9d1_o.jpg

Hi there, noticed that your bedrooms are at both sides of the living room. Just wondering where is your aircon ledge and how you're running the trunking between the 4 units??

I am having a issue right now, as my 3rd bedroom is across the living room and I'm having problems with running the trunking to the 3rd room as the distance is too long. (Aircon ledge is at one end of MBR, so I need to run the trucking along the length of the MBR, across the living room to the third bedroom). ID has recommended we get a window unit instead, which we are not so keen on.

Hi there, noticed that your bedrooms are at both sides of the living room. Just wondering where is your aircon ledge and how you're running the trunking between the 4 units??

I am having a issue right now, as my 3rd bedroom is across the living room and I'm having problems with running the trunking to the 3rd room as the distance is too long. (Aircon ledge is at one end of MBR, so I need to run the trucking along the length of the MBR, across the living room to the third bedroom). ID has recommended we get a window unit instead, which we are not so keen on.

That is a pretty big unit you have there from your blog plans.

We have a couple of 12 meter runs from the front to back of our EM.

Guess the other options would be a up rated compressor, a window unit as your ID suggested or a portable unit.

RB

That is a pretty big unit you have there from your blog plans.

We have a couple of 12 meter runs from the front to back of our EM.

Guess the other options would be a up rated compressor, a window unit as your ID suggested or a portable unit.

RB

Yeah... Have to keep exploring my options. Cuz hubs really want AC in what would be his music/jamming room.

Thanks Rimblock for the alternatives!

Hacking started today. It was thoughtful of the ID that he sent us images he took during the hacking... Nice... I think it is a good practice for ID to update owners with pictures of the renovation works. At least we feel at ease working in the day. Thumbs up! :)

5803435656_65791fee26_b.jpg

5802878853_264ae50219_b.jpg

5802878987_0948489664_b.jpg

We did for our first purchase and they came and cleaned 3-4 times a year for 2 years. The contract did not include the compressor outside though or gas top up (IIRC). The cleaning they do is the same as you could do yourself if you get one of the kits from HomeFix). It really is nothing special and def not a chemical clean which we have been advised to do once a year to get rid of the algae / mould / jelly build up.

We use a different company now who also service the compressor as well if needed.

RB

Bro, kindly share your AC maintenance contact. :)

Bro, kindly share your AC maintenance contact. :)

Can, but need to check with the Boss as she has the details ;).

RB

Will be getting the following items tomorrow. Going to call Goh Ah Bee and Hong Liang, see which shop can offer a better price?

Joven Heater - JH35

LG Fridge GL-M582 YSQ

Sharp Washer ES-N90 9 Litre

Fujioh FG-792 GL (Glass)

Ordered the above from Hong Liang. They are the cheapest.

Just bought the $2/meter surround cable from KEC. To be installed tmr by the electrician...

The 3D layout look nice, hope the complete should look the same.

That center kitchen pipe is already a headache.

Just bought this digital lock at PC Show today. Decided not to get from parallel import as we deem main lock is important.

SHS 6020

SHS-6020_Front.jpg

Just bought this digital lock at PC Show today. Decided not to get from parallel import as we deem main lock is important.

SHS 6020

Good buy! We were at the PC show and was about to exit the 6th floor when we saw the banner for this! Went back in, squeezed through the crowd again just to get there. Quite firm now that we are going to get 1 of these, but prob the biometric ones as hubby doesn't trust RFID cards.

I like the asthetics of this model though. **** sleek and pretty. :)

Are you going to install it on your existing door, or getting a new door. I am still thinking if we should get one with or without the handle.

Good buy! We were at the PC show and was about to exit the 6th floor when we saw the banner for this! Went back in, squeezed through the crowd again just to get there. Quite firm now that we are going to get 1 of these, but prob the biometric ones as hubby doesn't trust RFID cards.

I like the asthetics of this model though. **** sleek and pretty. :)

Are you going to install it on your existing door, or getting a new door. I am still thinking if we should get one with or without the handle.

Better to get one with handle. As models with handle support overriding with keys. Models without handle, if damaged or vandalised, u cannot get in. Going to install on a new door.