Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyHouse88

Expensive Hdb - Solve Housing Problem At Its Roots..

This $466.2K was 90% of valuation of $518 which I took in 2009 with UOB. Lock-in 1 year, however comes with one "free" partial prepayment within lock-in. Another clause states MUST maintain >$80K within lockin period.

So, within lock-in, I made a partial payment(CPF) and left the outstanding some 83K from 466.2K. Now lock-in expired, however, get caught with clause 10.2 for paying back "subsided legal fee" if full redemption were to make within 3 years from 1st day of cash disbursement. This amounts to some $1688. The yearly interest would have incurred for 81K = 2.4K. Have to pay legal fee of $600 for processing full redemption. Ok, come to your query:

Because of low interest environments, I dump much of my cash into stock mkt and wife has been "nagging", 2 loans lah, put so much cash in stock lah....

1. Recent Allgreen's stock buyback has helped me get back some $111K from stk mkt, inclusive of abt 26K profit. Have asked son to be incharge and plan for yr end holiday.

2. So, to make wife happy( so I also happy) and my ears peaceful, I actioned.

3. Worth mentioning, this ($466.2- $81K)paid by cpf, 81k by cash.

4. Another loan(80% of 1.03mil) just got 1st cash disbursement 10% ($100.3K) on 1st June 2011. 20% of 1.03mil, stamp duty have been paid by cash. TOP 2014. Just nice, will be 50oy then.

orh, for family harmony la - definitely impt, priceless. what's the tenure of your 800k loan? and if you've used cpf to pay down/off your hdb loan, what are the requirements you must meet should you want to use cpf also for the other loan? (assuming balance above minimum sum/2 for both your wife and your accounts, assuming also you both are joint owners?)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

orh, for family harmony la - definitely impt, priceless. what's the tenure of your 800k loan? and if you've used cpf to pay down/off your hdb loan, what are the requirements you must meet should you want to use cpf also for the other loan? (assuming balance above minimum sum/2 for both your wife and your accounts, assuming also you both are joint owners?)

29 years. Wife & myself are joint owners for both. We'll revise every 3 years.

As long as meeting the minimum sum issue, can use cpf's OA to pay for 2nd property.

1st instalment just started few days ago, we use our cpf OA to pay. We still have some $68K in OAs can be utilised, as in june 2011, after meeting ms rule, to pay for property. This 68K can last, 1k instalment for 12 months, 2k instalment for another 12 months, 3k instalment for another subsequent 12 months...then TOP when "supply tsunami" will come as I anticipated.

Original intention was 100% cpf for present's 32-year old 5 rm. I don't intend to sell this as my age not allow me to "flip" any more, and, you know those cpf rules - I foresee little chance to withdraw the $ out to spend the ways I wish. Logically, I should put as much as CPF $ there......

- Put cash in banks, no "juice" to earn.

- Put cash in stk mkt, "risky".

- Remain cpf in OA??? to earn 2.5%??? No way. I prefer to park them in property till I die.

29 years. Wife & myself are joint owners for both. We'll revise every 3 years.

As long as meeting the minimum sum issue, can use cpf's OA to pay for 2nd property.

1st instalment just started few days ago, we use our cpf OA to pay. We still have some $68K in OAs can be utilised, as in june 2011, after meeting ms rule, to pay for property. This 68K can last, 1k instalment for 12 months, 2k instalment for another 12 months, 3k instalment for another subsequent 12 months...then TOP when "supply tsunami" will come as I anticipated.

Original intention was 100% cpf for present's 32-year old 5 rm. I don't intend to sell this as my age not allow me to "flip" any more, and, you know those cpf rules - I foresee little chance to withdraw the $ out to spend the ways I wish. Logically, I should put as much as CPF $ there......

- Put cash in banks, no "juice" to earn.

- Put cash in stk mkt, "risky".

- Remain cpf in OA??? to earn 2.5%??? No way. I prefer to park them in property till I die.

wow, that's like 47 + 29 = 76. Anyway, you have flexibility since you purchased before many changes came into place, so i'm curious to see what you decide snd the reasoning behind it ;)

wow, that's like 47 + 29 = 76. Anyway, you have flexibility since you purchased before many changes came into place, so i'm curious to see what you decide snd the reasoning behind it ;)

What's more inportant is one must realise what he is doing.

LOL, I got myself a prime life insurance coverage in 1993, you know when is the maturity date? When I reach 100yo! Monthly premium abt $250. Silly or not?