Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelbutterfly

我家四个宝宝 和 1个王后

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Angelbutterfly, sorry to hear such stories esp coming from the ID you have selected. IDs always promise many things right from the start before u sign on the dotted line because they want to secure the deal. I m glad I have a good ID who is willing to endure our nagging and persistent request to redo certain things which did not meet our specification. We were also quote forgiving customers too, willing to accept only 1 draft of 3D design for kitchen and bathrooms. He couldnt give us the final draft though. The final product is what matters most!

Hi, he is not selected...It's juz SHORTLISTED...I chose a GREAT contractor and Reno is still going on fine....

Poor thing!

Yeah, I met an ID like that fairly early on in my search as well. At first, she seemed fairly nice and appeared eager to take on the job. But the layout plans that she came up with were just weird... to us anyway! Things were located in rather strange places and the final quote was quite a good deal above our stated budget. So, we explained to her (in detail) why we didn't like her ideas but that we were willing to still consider her as our ID if she could re-do her suggested layout for our home. That's when she turned nasty (and childish). She whined about "how much she had already done for us" (huh? really? other IDs did more - including AutoCAD designs free-of-charge - and they never complained even when we turned down their ideas), that these layouts were simply a "demonstration of what she could do" (er... if what you can do is not what I want or like, then why should I hire you, right?), and that she "didn't like to be nagged at / told what to do" (excuse me?! is this your home or my home? considering how much I'm paying you, I think I have the right to be slightly fussy about my future home!).

Sigh... Anyway, it's lucky that we learned early on that we just weren't compatible. It would have been much worse had we actually hired her to work on our home, only to suffer much more grief later on. :good:

Hi mummymantras, tks for dropping by here. I juz felt so glad n relieved that his true colours r revealed b4 I signed on the dotted line.. :sport-smiley-003:

Leave the bad things behind and move forward stronger and smarter! :drunk:

How are the works coming along? Updates please! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi hi fren! Ok la...everyday update tiles also sianzzzzz....N my iPhone 3G dun take clear pics. Tiling completed wif minimum skirting to b done 2moro!!! Yay!

Pardon for poor pics cos NO ELECTRICITY as my hubby fren took so long to complete!!! fed up...He said completed by these 2 days... :unsure:

My bling a bling kitchen flooring...

th_3190c8f4.jpg

th_c8784d90.jpg

Wow the tiling workmanship looks good!

Jon

Hi Jon, how r things? Hope all is fine..

I think I am really blessed...The workers r very good! Frankly, my Reno cost is average but the contractor n workers r EXCELLENT! I must compliment their working attitude cos I was there daily n I like that they worked quietly n did calculation of the right way to place the tiles..

2moro I will take pics from my bro iPhone4 which is clearer to show how skillful the workers r TAT I could do away with PVC trimmings even I choose nice Spain ceramic tiles..

Ceramic tiles r nicer than homogenous in terms of designs. I only compromise on Spain ceramic n not china. For ceramic, I also only use for my common bathroom walls which are not cheap at $4.20psf...The unique tiles n good workmanship already won praises from my next door auntie who is 60yrs old!

Stay tune for more updates!!!

Edited by angelbutterfly

Hi hi fren! Ok la...everyday update tiles also sianzzzzz....N my iPhone 3G dun take clear pics. Tiling completed wif minimum skirting to b done 2moro!!! Yay!

Pardon for poor pics cos NO ELECTRICITY as my hubby fren took so long to complete!!! fed up...He said completed by these 2 days... :unsure:

My bling a bling kitchen flooring...

th_3190c8f4.jpg

th_c8784d90.jpg

Nice grey tiles with the cement-screed effect. Great Job! Looking forward to see more photos of the whole place!

Today wanna share abt the tiles edges - I do not wan PVC trimming so I requested for doing this way.. I understand that homegenous tiles r easier to do but ceramic tiles r not...

Ceramic tiles from Spain

2a76d629.jpg

Homogenous tiles

c35b8505.jpg

Wonder if anyone keen to buy wallpaper? I ordered 2 rolls - designs not yet confirmed. Can choose 3D, shimmer any pattern. Korea 15.6m X 1.06m.

I might need only 1roll as I thinking some other ideas.. $450+$40 for 1roll includes installation n my invoice stated GOOD WORKMANSHIP! Lol..,Sorry, I forced salesperson to write de....

Nice tile selection you've got.. Hoping to see the overall effect when done. :)

Tks so much for dropping by n kind compliments! I started to fall in love with my black n white bathroom today! Ha..Ya, too black n my kitchen is so dark...

My tiles r completed today! Now tiles left some touch up work for water pipes n also my box up aircon trunkings... I explain 2moro as I forgot to take pics..

On a side track, I stared in mirror today - wah, I so tired n stress to do mask n I got white, black taiko head on my face! Applying my charcoal saviour mask! Phew! Tiles completed so 1big issue off the chest! It's gg to b carpentry but then touchwood! I quite confident n excited to see effect! For Workmanship, I viewed 3sites - sorry Kiasu n KPO so my contractor patiently brought me to see his work lor... I love it! Praying praying hard!!!

I am interested. let me know the design. :thumbs up:

May need to check feasibility on which part of my wall to apply though.

Jon

Bro, we go together to choose! U can select any design u wan! Lol...I only paid deposit n then it stated 2 rolls minimum...I will show u the invoice n if u free n decide, we go together. They have few branches. I forced the salesperson to pen down GOOD WORKMANSHIP cos I heard terrible wallpaper stories too...I **** kiasu n kiasee... Will tell u more on SMS then!

I am selling 1 also cos my contractor already found a solution for my wall..lol...I meant do nice nice brick wall n can cover the sliding door track...Hey, u need any good info, do discuss in private...

Tks alot for kindly helping me! :dancingqueen:

Hiccup today! Wasn't happy with the water piping!!! We do not wan elbow joints as my stainless steel pipes 8yrs ago was done with gd bending! See the below - though I asked Jaskel for opinions - he said this is normal for stainless steel piping.. Can u all post yr pipings ?

th_72ad2870.jpg

Edited by angelbutterfly

Hiccup today! Wasn't happy with the water piping!!! We do not wan elbow joints as my stainless steel pipes 8yrs ago was done with gd bending! See the below - though I asked Jaskel for opinions - he said this is normal for stainless steel piping.. Can u all post yr pipings pics pls?

72ad2870.jpg

Hi angelbutterfly,

Pop over to see the piping problem you mention in my thread. From your picture, i think the piping worker does not have a proper bending tools that why bend until like this. Seem these day people does not take pride in what they do. :rolleyes: This is the problem my dad and i have forseen so that why we have request for elbow joint in the 1st place and it will be easy to maintain in later stage also.