Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gerby

Em At Sunset Way

Hi EM owners

Does anyone of you live in a EM at Sunset Way? Am looking at the area, but recently the prices there have rocketed. Just wondering if the area is worth the price of >$700K. Is the place convenient in terms of market and eateries? I reckeed the place some time back and noticed that there is only one foodcourt nearby. Need to cross the bridge to Clementi Ave 4 to get to the two coffeshops, provision shops and clinic. Also need to take a bus to the Clementi MRT station.

Am wondering if it is troublesome/tiring having to go up and down the stairs many times daily. The reason why I'm eyeing that area is I need a big flat for my family of 6, and also the place is near my kid's school at Fairfield. Don't like the 5 room at Clementi.

Any comments and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! :sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

SunSet way has got some eateries and a mini mart...plus is pretty quiet.. nice neighbourhood.

Con is ..is quite a distance away from mrt..

Hi EM owners

Does anyone of you live in a EM at Sunset Way? Am looking at the area, but recently the prices there have rocketed. Just wondering if the area is worth the price of >$700K. Is the place convenient in terms of market and eateries? I reckeed the place some time back and noticed that there is only one foodcourt nearby. Need to cross the bridge to Clementi Ave 4 to get to the two coffeshops, provision shops and clinic. Also need to take a bus to the Clementi MRT station.

Am wondering if it is troublesome/tiring having to go up and down the stairs many times daily. The reason why I'm eyeing that area is I need a big flat for my family of 6, and also the place is near my kid's school at Fairfield. Don't like the 5 room at Clementi.

Any comments and advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! :sport-smiley-018:

The attraction of this place is the tranquility and the greenery all around. If you need to be close to amenities, then this is not for you, because frankly, supermarkets/provision shops are very limited. There is a clinic, a few bakeries, some mid-range eateries, that's about it. I also think it is a bit far to walk to Clementi Ave 4 just for all these.

If your kid's school is in Fairfield, have you considered Clementi West? or Dover? And if you are willing to pay the price for an EM at Sunset Way, how about the 5-rooms at Ghim Moh? Alternatively, do consider Clementi Ave 6? Not that far from Fairfield, imo, and quite exclusive area, walkable to MRT.

Sunset Way is a nice and serene neighbourhood, but frankly if the reason of moving is for the proximity to Fairfield, then Dover, Holland V, or Ghim Moh would be a better choice... though a problem with Ghim Moh is that for many blocks, Chinese quotas are full (well, not a problem if you're not Chinese :lol:)

just btw, Clementi may not be a good choice, cos during my house searching, viewed this unit at Clementi Ave 4. the reason why the owner wanna shift house is that the son is studying at Fairfield, and every morning the jam from Clementi to Dover is so terribly horrible that they considered to move, though they love their Clementi home very much. :bangwall:

Hi all

Thanks for all your comments. I'm currently staying at Clementi West and love my current home (4-room flat) with seaveiw from kitchen and MBR. My mum is just staying 2 blocks away. Am considering Sunset Way as this is the only place which has big units. Am not interested in Clementi Central, Queenstown or Ghim Moh. However, the price of those EMs at Sunset Way is ridiculous (close to $800k now).Anyway, there's no urgency to move. Will wait and see if the price goes down in the next 2-3 years (am sure it will).

If not, when the kids go to sec school, I may be able to move to Bukit Batok EA. I actually love those Design and Built EAs at Bukit Batok Street 25 (next to Yusof Ishak Sec). The units are facing a varse expanse of forested area. Very nice view! However, with the current land scarce and the need to ramp up supply, not sure if the government will develop this piece of forested area in future.

Hi all

Thanks for all your comments. I'm currently staying at Clementi West and love my current home (4-room flat) with seaveiw from kitchen and MBR. My mum is just staying 2 blocks away. Am considering Sunset Way as this is the only place which has big units. Am not interested in Clementi Central, Queenstown or Ghim Moh. However, the price of those EMs at Sunset Way is ridiculous (close to $800k now).Anyway, there's no urgency to move. Will wait and see if the price goes down in the next 2-3 years (am sure it will).

If not, when the kids go to sec school, I may be able to move to Bukit Batok EA. I actually love those Design and Built EAs at Bukit Batok Street 25 (next to Yusof Ishak Sec). The units are facing a varse expanse of forested area. Very nice view! However, with the current land scarce and the need to ramp up supply, not sure if the government will develop this piece of forested area in future.

My in laws live in one of those EA next to YISS. Very big units, but odd shaped. :) I find the EMs in this estate one of the most unique, completely unlike the usual EMs that you find in the other estates. You can consider these as well.

The only other place with big units like Sunset Way would be Clementi Ave 6. Quite exclusive cuz of only 6 blocks, and quite unblocked in terms of views. Can consider in future, though prices may be a bit higher because of Nan Hua opposite.

my friends stay at this area (Bukit Batok St 25 next to the school). they mentioned that while the forested area offers nice greenery and unblocked view, it makes the place very humid.... every morning they literally see "steam" rising up from the forest :lol: (it's mist/fog - water vapour) their stuff get mouldy very easily.

yes those EM units are unique and beautiful isn't it? supply is limited and am not sure if they will be developing the land as they just laid a newater pipe along the forested area. connectivity may be a issue if u take the mrt too.

e928887313173_1_V550.jpg

ae74817313187_1_V550.jpg

7364327313201_1_V550.jpg

7da67b7313206_1_V550.jpg

Edited by rottenramone

I don't like those EMs in Ave 6, as most of them are either facing the temple or the main road. I value tranquility.

Actually, I prefer EA without the staircase cause I think it's tiring having to walk up and down the stairs daily. And I don't mind seeing mist from the forested area - should be quite interesting. Things getting mouldy should not be a concern for me.

Rottenramone, are you staying at that EM which you've posted pixs? Looks interesting. Which block is it? Do you have a view of the forest? Can upload more pixs? Many thanks!

I don't like those EMs in Ave 6, as most of them are either facing the temple or the main road. I value tranquility.

Actually, I prefer EA without the staircase cause I think it's tiring having to walk up and down the stairs daily. And I don't mind seeing mist from the forested area - should be quite interesting. Things getting mouldy should not be a concern for me.

Rottenramone, are you staying at that EM which you've posted pixs? Looks interesting. Which block is it? Do you have a view of the forest? Can upload more pixs? Many thanks!

Rottenramone's parents are staying in the EA in the area. If only he has a nice view of the forest instead of the junction on the other side.... :P

Here's a t-blog for a EM at Sunset Way http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24845

And another blog entry for an EM in Sunset Way http://obllique.com/#/sunsetway

And we viewed this 4A unit in Sunset Way http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2030127

I conclude that Sunset Way homeowners really put a lot of money into their homes.

Hi Strikingreality and Rottenramone

Thanks for the links to the blogs. Btw, I read your posts on some other threads and gathered that both of you are husband and wife, am I right? My apologies if this assumption is wrong. :sport-smiley-018:

I've seen the pixs on the Sunset Way 4A unit on propertyguru website last year. May I know why didn't you purchase it as the deco is really nice and the view is lush. Was it because of the price?

Hi nimm12

Your house is fantastic and you really have a flair for interior design. I ejoyed ID too. Hope to design my next house myself. :yamseng:

Hi Strikingreality and Rottenramone

Thanks for the links to the blogs. Btw, I read your posts on some other threads and gathered that both of you are husband and wife, am I right? My apologies if this assumption is wrong. :sport-smiley-018:

I've seen the pixs on the Sunset Way 4A unit on propertyguru website last year. May I know why didn't you purchase it as the deco is really nice and the view is lush. Was it because of the price?

Yup yup, rottenramone's the hubby. :)

Actually we really really like the view and the location of that unit.

But the price is just too high... I dun understand why Sunset Way is such a hot and expensive location esp when the amenities are lacking, but i guess it much be the lush environment and surroundings, and vicinity to the private estates which helps elevate its prices as well.

At that time, the owner was asking for 100k COV which I think is ridiculous for any HDB flat. But I think their asking prices were way too high. It was on the market I think for more than 3-4 months, which is quite rare for a unit in that location. I think the owners were plain greedy, they renovated the bathrooms just before putting it on sale. Which makes you wonder.... :rolleyes: