Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DKWM

Tv Selection

Do note that Plasma consumes lots of electricity.

Agree with that. samsung LED 55" max consumption 160 watts, at standby only 0.1watt. Panasonic 55" st30 series model power consumption 425watt, at standby 0.3watt. :jawdrop:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It seem like TV selection really need alot of knowledge, until now still yet to have anyone giving good selection based on knowledge.

It depends on your preference of size of the tv and features that you are looking for. Probably you might like to share with forummers your requirements and preference. I am sure there are many gurus in this forum who can help. That's the purpose and reason for our existence yah?

:yamseng:

Agree with that. samsung LED 55" max consumption 160 watts, at standby only 0.1watt. Panasonic 55" st30 series model power consumption 425watt, at standby 0.3watt. :jawdrop:

Let me put that in perspective for you. LED-LCD TVs will run at about full power simply because the technology works by the LCDs blocking the backlight/sidelight. The power consumption is from the backlight/sidelight. On the other hand, plasma technology produces images by light emission. So a fully lighted scene will be at about max power, and dark scenes will consume much less power.

Let's just say on average, it runs at 3/4 power -- so with the models you mentioned, that's roughly double that of the LED-LCD TV. So that's about 150W. Say you watch 8hrs of TV every day. 150W x 8hr x 30days = 36,000W or 36kWh. At current rate of about just under 25cents/kWh, that's just over $9 more a month.

I find plasma colours more natural and prefer it to the generally more vivid, pop-out colours of LCD. For the price of a movie ticket a month, I think that's reasonable. YMMV. And not forgetting that generally, plasma is more cost effective the bigger the panel gets.

But you also need to be aware of where you are locating your TV. Eg, if you watch in very bright light, you're better off with LCD, as the plasma may appear washed out. That also explains why when you see plasma under the bright glare of the fluorescent light in the showrooms, you're never impressed.

Hi Bros,

I am actually looking for around 40" to 42" LCD LED TV as my house is only 92 sq.m and the living room is so small :(

With budget around SGD$1,500 should be quite limited and with or without 3D is ok for me.

There are too many brand & model out there, really dunno which is a good buy that suit my need.

Kindly advise me ....

Regards

Desmond

Hi Bros,

I am actually looking for around 40" to 42" LCD LED TV as my house is only 92 sq.m and the living room is so small :(

With budget around SGD$1,500 should be quite limited and with or without 3D is ok for me.

There are too many brand & model out there, really dunno which is a good buy that suit my need.

Kindly advise me ....

Regards

Desmond

go for Samsung 40inch led tv D5000 - $1050

Vt30s launch already according to one of the panny website. Anyway, vt30 only comes in 42", 50" & 65". I prefer around 55". Since it is a new model I doubt they will price it vas competitive as what I have spent on. Decided on vt20 as image quality not much diff, vt30 is thinner but I dun really care, if I want something thin, would have bought samsung. Further more dun c the need for Internet tv. Connecting my ps3 to tv, I also Internet tv, connect my notebk using a hdmi cable I also get internet tv. Aiyah end of the happy can oredi lah. :yamseng:

ya man...already launched in USA...heeee but this one with 3D function i think....ya i agree on the internet tv...not necessary also..heee

ya man...already launched in USA...heeee but this one with 3D function i think....ya i agree on the internet tv...not necessary also..heee

Vt20 also got 3D function, just that VT30 tv can convert 2D to 3D. So can imagine watch Channel News Asia in 3D. :sport-smiley-004:

It is confirm that VT30 only comes in 42", 50" and 65".

Just now at Best Denki saw a LG full LED tv 55" (model 55LW9500) selling at $2,599...

Very nice tv with bright and sharp images.

Anyone has comment on this tv?

I am also wondering whether is LG Tv good ?

Samsung and Sony are my top selection...

Hoping to receive some good feedback / review from bros & sister here.

I am also wondering whether is LG Tv good ?

Samsung and Sony are my top selection...

Hoping to receive some good feedback / review from bros & sister here.

Hi DKWM,

Have u bought ur tv? I have changed my order with Best from panny to Samsung LED Smart TV 7 series. Price is good now, they offer direct $500 rebate. Flash rate 600hz. Anyway, I was also looking at LG. Lower cost on glasses and tv as well. Not bad a tv. However 2 things I realize when I was testing the tv, resolution n viewing distance. In 2d, the tv is full hd, in 3d, it is not. If u stand about 1metre or nearer from the screen when it is in 3d, u will be able ton see horizontal black lines on the images. Tested with the 3d glasses, the black lens disappear. However 3d images not as sharp as full hd 3d. The other thing is viewing distance. Since u mentioned earlier that your living room is considered small, please check your viewing distance before you purchase the tv. In a distance of 2m or less, crosstalk or whatbwe call double images is visible with the glasses on. Above is just my findings during my trials at best denki. I have nothing against LG, in fact if the 42" is priced under 1k, I would have gotten it for my bedroom. ;)

Hi DKWM,

Have u bought ur tv? I have changed my order with Best from panny to Samsung LED Smart TV 7 series. Price is good now, they offer direct $500 rebate. Flash rate 600hz. Anyway, I was also looking at LG. Lower cost on glasses and tv as well. Not bad a tv. However 2 things I realize when I was testing the tv, resolution n viewing distance. In 2d, the tv is full hd, in 3d, it is not. If u stand about 1metre or nearer from the screen when it is in 3d, u will be able ton see horizontal black lines on the images. Tested with the 3d glasses, the black lens disappear. However 3d images not as sharp as full hd 3d. The other thing is viewing distance. Since u mentioned earlier that your living room is considered small, please check your viewing distance before you purchase the tv. In a distance of 2m or less, crosstalk or whatbwe call double images is visible with the glasses on. Above is just my findings during my trials at best denki. I have nothing against LG, in fact if the 42" is priced under 1k, I would have gotten it for my bedroom. ;)

Will check it out soon. The last time I tested, no such problems. Anyway, I'm getting a TV(3D and 46") for my HTS room at the coming PC show in Sept.

Yo bros,

Thank for yr great finding...

I have yet to purchase as I will move in my house only on 4 sept 2011.. So it is at the right time for PC show.. Due to the overspent in renovating, furniture and wedding, I am restricted to budget of $1,400 for a 40" to 42" tv. So when should I go to the PC show ? On the last day last min ??? Or should I be the first to q-up the the display set ?

Regards

Desmond

If ur viewing distance is 2m or more, plus u dun mind that the image is not full Jewish in 3d mode, I guess the LG will be a fantastic buy.

As for aiming for the PC show, if u can try to find out which retail shop is in the PC show, try pestering the shop before the show, the other alternative of cos is tone there early first day. It will be good if u know any staff who is going to be promoting the tv at the show, ask this person to pull string first. Networking is one of the root of success when it comes to business negotiation :thumbs up:

Hi bros,

U sound like a business man, are u ? Haha

So I should go for those display set, but I do not know how much should I set the price at..

Regards

Desmond

Hi bros,

U sound like a business man, are u ? Haha

So I should go for those display set, but I do not know how much should I set the price at..

Regards

Desmond

Haha I am no businessman lah :lol: If price or package is attractive enough comparing to what is offered from now till PC show, u might want to just place a normal order, eg, current LG 42LW5700 is going for $1349 if I did not remember wrongly. Package comes with wifi dongle, 4 pairs of glasses, magic motion remote ctrl (dun really know how different is this remote, yet to find out). If during the PC show, they can give the same bundle together with a 3d blu ray player which cost about $200+ to $300, panasonic or Philip or Samsung, lagi best. If price further lowered, then wIt no more. Just bear in mind you need to have a 3d blu ray player to play 3d blu ray disc. Despite the function built in to convert 2d to 3d, the effect won't be as great in depth. ;)