Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PublicLife

Hdb Floorplans: The Best (And Worst) Layouts In Public Housing

Well done Publiclife! U have created a niche (and interesting) thread. I'm a fan. U could consider coming out a book about HDB floorplans and their story behind the design. The Good The Bad and The Fugly...

For the "slice of pizza" floor plan, theres a round block between Chinese Garden and Jurong East. Can be seen while taking MRT. Suspect thats the one.

Anyway have fun! Cheers!

Thanks, Prody!

Maybe when I'm retired, I'll write a book on HDB floorplans... called A Field Guide to HDB Flats: What on earth was HDB thinking! ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

And a 2-room HDB flat:

2R1.jpg

Now, aren't you glad that you don't live in one of these? Puts everything in perspective, doesn't it.

if we pay the same price then yes.

otherwise a **** no. we are paying way too much for current flats.

One thing that a lot of people fail to realise in Singapore is that it wasn't just the HDB (and HUDC) who built flats in the past. Lots of government and quasi-government agencies did it. Even JTC built flats!

Here's one in Boon Lay:

3R5.jpg

This is interesting :)

Not 100% sure if this is from the Ang Mo Kio round block, but it must be from some round block somewhere in Singapore:

5I5.jpg

Frankly, I'm not too sure that I'd enjoy living in a flat shaped like a slice of pizza, not matter how 'unique' it was or how great a view it had. ;)

I m familiar with this one.... It is one of those blue colored blks in sembawang. I visited there once to view the flat.

Maybe when I'm retired, I'll write a book on HDB floorplans... called A Field Guide to HDB Flats: What on earth was HDB thinking! ;)

I'll be sure to buy your book!

Really love this thread you started. Thanks! I just love looking at floor plans! :)

I m familiar with this one.... It is one of those blue colored blks in sembawang. I visited there once to view the flat.

Those blue blocks besides the river right? :)

There are ones like that in Potong Pasir too. Rare and remarkable! :yamseng:

Another dream of mine is also to get my hands on the floorplans for the split-level EMs along Hougang Ave 1:

Blk 111 Hougang Avenue 1, Singapore 530111

Blk 120 Hougang Avenue 1, Singapore 530120

Blk 122 Hougang Avenue 1, Singapore 530122

Apparently, when you enter the flat, there's a short flight of steps leading down to the living areas and another flight leading up to the bedrooms (or so I've heard anyway, from a friend who went to view one on sale a few years back). It has a very loft-like feel that was way ahead of its time. Quite extraordinary!

And their colour scheme has a pleasantly Mediterranean feel to it that it most appropriate, considering their location next to a sleepy little stream (or longkang, depending on how you look at it ;) ).

Of course, my vote for the all-time award-winning, 'let's-ask-HDB-to-make-more-of-them' layout has to be:

3R2.jpg

The HDB '3-room' terrace house! Mega applause! :sport-smiley-004:

Though, of course their biggest flaw has to be the fact that they essentially only have one bathroom. I guess, in the past, having more than one loo was considered a luxury! :D

Thumbs up! Love this to bits.. The bigger units are the corner units at Kallang / Whampoa. I have seen 3 bedrooms with a toilet on the 2nd floor plus the really huge garden for your pets to run about / good for gathering (BBQ).