Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PoppyLove

Our Adventure

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Poppylove

Please would you also share with me at amoroux@hotmail.sg the location in JB for the lightings? They are wonderful and cost a bomb here in Singapore.

You have a lovely home and the sliding glass is exactly what we hope to have for our new place...

Which sliding glass? :-)

U mean the teak partition with green glass? I got it custom made in bali and shipped in to singapore :-) I'm more into raw finishings to clean finish teak :) But unfortunately im unable to accommodate this in the new home :( So gotta let it go and sell to someone who will appreciate it :(

Tks for the pm n it does brighten up my day! Was fuming mad with my painting issues today...

What happen? :0

I was quoted $1.4k for painting. But i had decided to just buy the paints, paint the house myself and save abt $900 :) Afterall, I painted my current home every year for the past 11 years. Hehehehehehe

Hope everything goes fine for you :)

Heh heh... Thanks for the list Terrence!

Hey everyone, how about we charter a minibus or something and all of us do our shopping there? Maybe we can really ask for better price from the shop.

Then when we come back, we all give Poppylove a good treat!! :P

Lol... Good things are meant to be shared :) I'm more than delighted to share good deals with all of you :)

Hi Poppylove

Would you please share with me at happie_yeo@hotmail.com the location in JB for the lightings? have to cut down the lighting cost ..due to tight budget.

Thanks & regards from

Lily

After 11 years building memories in a pigeonhole we called HOME, it's time we say goodbye. It's hard leaving a place we build many memories in. From barely anything in the house, till fully furnished bit by bit over the years :( And this was where we start our lives as husband and wife and raise our babies. But I guess, sometimes in life, we have to move on especially when it's for the better :)

And a new chapter awaits us in our new home with many memories to build :)

This was our home for 11 years...

58966_1273458056924_1844125433_568076_5267870_n.jpg

Next, i will post the quotation I get from my very reliable contractor :-)

Love the dividers you have, may I ask where you got them?

Love the dividers you have, may I ask where you got them?

Hi patsy,

The dividers i had it custom made in bali and shipped in to Singapore :) Made of teak wood and very solid. We love it to the max but i think our new house wouldnt be able to accommodate it. So most likely we'll hv to give this a pass :(

Hubby and I decided to make our way to JB in the morning after we sent the kids to school. We were told to go recce for lightings in JB and we found a good store. We saw all the exact same lightings in most lighting stores along Balestier and Geylang, in this shop. The salesman was a very friendly, knowledgable, honest and helpful. I give my two thumbs up. Knowing how difficult and fussy of a person I am when it comes to buying, I wasn't quite keen at first. But the salesman sounded convincing with the product knowledge and very honest with the crystals.

We walked around the whole store both first and second floor. We saw 90% of their lights are those we saw in shops selling in stores along Balestier and Geylang. We were quite surprised. Then, I saw this light which won my heart over the moment I set my eyes on it. I first saw it in a store at Balestier. I fell hard for it but it costs $1.2k in Singapore. We tried haggling and the lady gave us $1.8k best price :( Reluctantly and with such heavy heart, I gave it a pass coz I think it's too much and I wanna go hunt for better bargain. The moment I saw the EXACT same light in this store in JB, I was stoked! I looked at the price, it was RM980. I scrutinized every inch of the light and YES, it's EXACTLY the same!!!

The store is having a sale and we got it at SGD$238 after conversion. It was a STEAL! :sport-smiley-004: It's a combi of LED and halogen and comes with remote control too.

LivingRoomLight.jpg

Then, we bought ourselves the MBR light. This is selling at SGD$133 after conversion. We changed the bulbs to energy saving bulbs. Light is a combi of LED and energy saving bulbs. If you wanna use just the normal bulbs, it's only about SGD$115 :)

There are about 2 guys who came in the store to get their supplies of lights and they are from Singapore coz I see the name of the store on their uniform :) And we overheard their conversation as one of the guy was just standing next to us :P

Overall, I am one :sport-smiley-004: HAPPY woman today. We got ourselves a great bargain. AWESOME!!! :yeah: Will be coming back to get the downlights with led bulbs and more lights for the kitchen, kids bedroom, service balcony, balcony, toilets and storeroom :-)

Hiya, can PM me the address of this lovely store? Many thanks!

Cheers, Stanley

Guys and gals...

I'll help PuppyLove post up the details :sport-smiley-003:

Hope is okie for you PuppyLove. Let me know if you require to remove it

Starworld Lighting Sdn Bhd

26-01, 28, 28-01,

Jln Titiwangsa 3/1,

81200, Tmn Tampoi Indah

Tel: 061-7131171

Hi patsy,

The dividers i had it custom made in bali and shipped in to Singapore :) Made of teak wood and very solid. We love it to the max but i think our new house wouldnt be able to accommodate it. So most likely we'll hv to give this a pass :(

If you're selling (or giving them away) them please let me know!!!

:lol: I guess we all TEAK LOVER uh ;)

uh huh!!! We just had teak flooring done for the patio... I asked hb if we could take it with us when we moved ;)

Now super tempted to redo the whole house flooring into teak... it looks sooooooo nice!