Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syukur

Tenant Doing Things When Am Not Around

Hi,

This tenant of mine, always washed his clothes secretly.. I scheduled him weekly wash, but certain times, he washed blatantly, or have the laundry hanged inside his room..

Is there anyway we can kerb this? I caught him twice, whereby, I barred him washing the whole week...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You could consider installing CCTV in your home, which is what quite a number of landlords do nowadays especially when they are working adults.

but u cannot see inside toilet ma ???

he still can wash everything inside toilet being seen ?

so CCTV stil useless ??

Change tenant if you don't like.

When get a new tenant, tell them your requirement.

Only can wash weekly.

So.. prepare to wear your underwear for 7 days.

but u cannot see inside toilet ma ???

he still can wash everything inside toilet being seen ?

so CCTV stil useless ??

If the tenant is occupying the MBR, and he does his laundry say 3 times a day, the landlord couldn't say anything.

However, if the tenant is using the common bathroom for washing his laundry, the CCTV would definitely catch him bringing in dirty clothes & newly washed laundry in & out of the toilet.

If you only have 1 tenant, then you might want to specify in your tenancy agreement that you will only bear up to say $ XX amount of the electrical bill in addition to your usual PUB bill prior to renting out to him/ her. Any excess would be borne on by the tenant & he is to remit payment to the landlord say, when he pays his next rental fees or on whichever date as specified in the contract.

Hi guys,

What u mentioned all had been done... Limiting the utilities, restricting the usage to once a week... Stated, numerous times.. Gave him a stern warning..: last chance, & dats it. Soon will invest in CCTV..

This fella, grown up, need to be tell off for each nitty gritty issues.. Sometime I just feel that am like running a pre-school.. Juz saw him walking to the toilet with his undies.. Donno wat he's tinking...

Just wanna share some plight.. His contract will end January.. Gotta hang on.. Hehe

Thanks all for the prompt reply...

Walking in his drawers is definitely unacceptable! It's really disgusting! tsk tsk tsk! :curse:

If you install a CCTV & he walks around without feeling disgraced, the landlord would have the right to report to the police & show the authorities such acts of indecency. He could get charged in court for behaving in such a manner!

Hasn't he got any sense of shame? Obviously not... *sigh*

Are there any females in your home? Hopefully not.

And would you be able to share the nationality of your tenant & his occupation here in Singapore?

Walking in his drawers is definitely unacceptable! It's really disgusting! tsk tsk tsk! :curse:

If you install a CCTV & he walks around without feeling disgraced, the landlord would have the right to report to the police & show the authorities such acts of indecency. He could get charged in court for behaving in such a manner!

Dear Edenstrauss,

I really doubt this...

Cheers!

Do u doubt the CCTV or ????

Oh never mind...

Nice postings on the Gardening forum! I am looking forward to seeing more...

Cheers!

Dear edenstrauss,

Just fyi, he's a Malaysian Chinese, working as financial auditor..

eeeeeeeeee, isn't he one whose sick in the mind? :furious:

His behaviour was outright disgusting!

Oh never mind...

Nice postings on the Gardening forum! I am looking forward to seeing more...

Cheers!

thanks for the compliments! :dancingqueen:

I didn't realise that anybody would be interested to drop by to take a look at my newly posted thread.

Thanks once again for being the first! :D