Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SnOOpy

Clementi buddies

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
The traffic is gonna get worse for sure with more cars, qeueing to turn in frm either current NTUC junction or the mall/MRT junction.

Hi Clement08,

Have you found an ID yet? Have you sourced for the furnishings and lightings etc needed for your new house? The construction(carpark entrance) near the coffeeshop, i saw afew days ago they were breaking it.... i realised that they are doing alot of such re-work... Waste of time and effort. Don't they have good architects/engineers present to monitor the work being assigned?

Hi Clement08,

Have you found an ID yet? Have you sourced for the furnishings and lightings etc needed for your new house? The construction(carpark entrance) near the coffeeshop, i saw afew days ago they were breaking it.... i realised that they are doing alot of such re-work... Waste of time and effort. Don't they have good architects/engineers present to monitor the work being assigned?

Hi hdbfan,

Have sourced for a few contractors from this forum but have not decide which to select yet becos is still early. Actually, wat are they doing near the coffeeshop, I dun ready know. I tot they are putting up lights there. Do u know that the renov on the 4 storey block already completed. I went there with my wife and lady owner invited us to go into their house the see their renov. Look quite nice, only hall abit small becos they build a room in the hall.

Hi hdbfan,

Have sourced for a few contractors from this forum but have not decide which to select yet becos is still early. Actually, wat are they doing near the coffeeshop, I dun ready know. I tot they are putting up lights there. Do u know that the renov on the 4 storey block already completed. I went there with my wife and lady owner invited us to go into their house the see their renov. Look quite nice, only hall abit small becos they build a room in the hall.

Hi Clement08,

Wow you are so lucky to get invited! i haven't been there becoz i was not feeling well the past few days. Yeah í remember they've built a room in the hall. Do you find their workmanship good? Do they have a big family? if yes then that's why they need an extra room. I think they've also downsized their kitchen to make space for the room. The new mall - the lights are still switched on in the morning and blinking.... actually in the evening, if you are in a car, the lights from Cityvibe and the new mall is soooo distracting!! Almost like ***!.. well since we don't drive it's ok. hahah

Hi Clement08,

Wow you are so lucky to get invited! i haven't been there becoz i was not feeling well the past few days. Yeah í remember they've built a room in the hall. Do you find their workmanship good? Do they have a big family? if yes then that's why they need an extra room. I think they've also downsized their kitchen to make space for the room. The new mall - the lights are still switched on in the morning and blinking.... actually in the evening, if you are in a car, the lights from Cityvibe and the new mall is soooo distracting!! Almost like ***!.. well since we don't drive it's ok. hahah

Din know tat u r not feeling the past days, long time din see u chating. Good to hear tat u r ok now. The lady owner welcome us to go into the house to look at the renov. Workmanshop was good. She spend around $40k+for the renov. She did apply for the Sale of balance flat at our site but din not get it, in the she bot this house in which her neighbour is her sister's house. She got 2 daughters, so need to make partition for another room. Did u know notice the workers are planting trees and flowers at the entrance of the mall facing our house.

Din know tat u r not feeling the past days, long time din see u chating. Good to hear tat u r ok now. The lady owner welcome us to go into the house to look at the renov. Workmanshop was good. She spend around $40k+for the renov. She did apply for the Sale of balance flat at our site but din not get it, in the she bot this house in which her neighbour is her sister's house. She got 2 daughters, so need to make partition for another room. Did u know notice the workers are planting trees and flowers at the entrance of the mall facing our house.

Hi Clement08,

I went to recce that day and saw the lady owner cleaning the hall windows.. i didn't look in as she seemed to be cautious of who is passing by. Wow - $40K is alot for a 3 room flat. I wonder if she made use of the ceiling space to store things.. but i don't recall that. Yeah i saw the bus interchange - the plants are beautiful otherwise it will look like a concrete jungle. Some of the trees are palm trees and it gives a resort feel!

Hi Clement08,

I went to recce that day and saw the lady owner cleaning the hall windows.. i didn't look in as she seemed to be cautious of who is passing by. Wow - $40K is alot for a 3 room flat. I wonder if she made use of the ceiling space to store things.. but i don't recall that. Yeah i saw the bus interchange - the plants are beautiful otherwise it will look like a concrete jungle. Some of the trees are palm trees and it gives a resort feel!

Ya, maybe I was with my wife around, that why she feel safe to allow me to view her house. Yes, she did make use of the roof space to keep store things. She said the roof space is very spaces and can keep alot of things, since her floor area is limited. She even build cupboard outside the flat to keep things. I spoke to the china worker yesterday morning, he told me for the pt blk, last month, HDB ppl came to check house to house and re-do area tat r unacceptable, so for this mth, is waiting for HDB approval to accept the flat from them. By the way dun see ani improvement beside the 24-hrs cofeeshop. why r ???

Edited by Clement08

Ya, maybe I was with my wife around, that why she feel safe to allow me to view her house. Yes, she did make use of the roof space to keep store things. She said the roof space is very spaces and can keep alot of things, since her floor area is limited. She even build cupboard outside the flat to keep things. I spoke to the china worker yesterday morning, he told me for the pt blk, last month, HDB ppl came to check house to house and re-do area tat r unacceptable, so for this mth, is waiting for HDB approval to accept the flat from them. By the way dun see ani improvement beside the 24-hrs cofeeshop. why r ???

Hi Clement08,

Hmm so the lady owner is really lucky to hv a flat with lots of space in the ceiling. I saw the cupboard outside the flat... juz wonderin if it is approved by HDB.

If flat condition is unacceptable by HDB, yr key collection maybe delayed abit. Well no HDB flat is perfect anyway so that's why residents must still check for signs of poor workmanship and report to HDB within certain no. of days after getting keys. Well the only improvement i've noticed perhaps is the pathway to the underground parking along the main road at MRT is complete. Blk number sign was up last 2 weeks ago. I saw yesterday at the entrance of the new bus interchange they were breaking a pillar to make a hole. Duno for what!!

The clementi avenue 1's progress is remarkably fast. Heard most of the existing flat owners flat's ceiling is leaking so that's why the new flat is being built for them so fast and rumour has it that current blks may not be demolished - perhaps keep for renting out for the short term to ease the crunch.

Edited by hdbfan

Hi Clement08,

Hmm so the lady owner is really lucky to hv a flat with lots of space in the ceiling. I saw the cupboard outside the flat... juz wonderin if it is approved by HDB.

If flat condition is unacceptable by HDB, yr key collection maybe delayed abit. Well no HDB flat is perfect anyway so that's why residents must still check for signs of poor workmanship and report to HDB within certain no. of days after getting keys. Well the only improvement i've noticed perhaps is the pathway to the underground parking along the main road at MRT is complete. Blk number sign was up last 2 weeks ago. I saw yesterday at the entrance of the new bus interchange they were breaking a pillar to make a hole. Duno for what!!

The clementi avenue 1's progress is remarkably fast. Heard most of the existing flat owners flat's ceiling is leaking so that's why the new flat is being built for them so fast and rumour has it that current blks may not be demolished - perhaps keep for renting out for the short term to ease the crunch.

I think did not get approval from HDB, she said other people also put a lot of things outside their flat wat. Must check for poor workmanship, defects and report to HDB immediately to rectify if any, before starts renovation. Got people told me that the blk number came out in 4D but opposite, 1144 instead of 441, I din even of think. Is the pillar blocking the path for the bus to enter, I din notice it.

Nowadays, HDB built houses very fast, 3 years can finished. Ours is acceptionally slow due to the integration of the mall and bus-interchange, if not, we would have shift in 2 years ago. About 3 years back, my toilet ceiling also leaking, HDB repaired it, I paid half, my neighhour paid half. Now the problem comes back again, I dun bother oredi, use something to block the drip and let it flow out of the toilet window. When is Ave 1 taking their keys ? Look like Ghim Moh also quite fast, can see a lot of tall flats there, while on the MRT.

Edited by Clement08

Hi clement08 and HDB fan,

Just wanna check you guys on the compensation of yr unit for SERS.

Can advise how they compute the compensation?

Renovation, aircon, furnishing??

Many thanks.

I think did not get approval from HDB, she said other people also put a lot of things outside their flat wat. Must check for poor workmanship, defects and report to HDB immediately to rectify if any, before starts renovation. Got people told me that the blk number came out in 4D but opposite, 1144 instead of 441, I din even of think. Is the pillar blocking the path for the bus to enter, I din notice it.

Nowadays, HDB built houses very fast, 3 years can finished. Ours is acceptionally slow due to the integration of the mall and bus-interchange, if not, we would have shift in 2 years ago. About 3 years back, my toilet ceiling also leaking, HDB repaired it, I paid half, my neighhour paid half. Now the problem comes back again, I dun bother oredi, use something to block the drip and let it flow out of the toilet window. When is Ave 1 taking their keys ? Look like Ghim Moh also quite fast, can see a lot of tall flats there, while on the MRT.

Hi Clement08,

Wow I also didn't think about the 4D thing... so some lucky people have won! The pillar - they made a hole and now it looks more like a door. Not sure what is the purpose.

My ceiling in the kitchen and toilets have cracked like 4 yrs ago and some have fallen and the metal is exposed but think it is still structurally safe.

Ave 1 keys - may be earlier than the announced date - perhaps like early 2012 ( i guess). My blk is now building 40th floor.

Do you intend to overlay the toilet tiles? I remember the tiles they displayed in HDB Hub was plain white - no colourful mosaic like some estates. Of course it will cost more to do that.

Many thanks.

Hi Always Happy,

If i'm not wrong, during our time the compensation was based on market value of price as at 1995 and some ex gratia based on the current reno & floor level. Only some yrs ago they've changed to current market value at time of announcement of SERS.

Hi Clement08,

Wow I also didn't think about the 4D thing... so some lucky people have won! The pillar - they made a hole and now it looks more like a door. Not sure what is the purpose.

My ceiling in the kitchen and toilets have cracked like 4 yrs ago and some have fallen and the metal is exposed but think it is still structurally safe.

Ave 1 keys - may be earlier than the announced date - perhaps like early 2012 ( i guess). My blk is now building 40th floor.

Do you intend to overlay the toilet tiles? I remember the tiles they displayed in HDB Hub was plain white - no colourful mosaic like some estates. Of course it will cost more to do that.

Hi hdbfan,

My kitchen and bathroom also have cracks like urs with metal exposed. But I dun care already. U seen to know a lot of info about ave 1, u got friend stay there ? Did any one from Ave 1 wants to get Ave 3 (ours location) or reversal. Can swop hse if both agree ???? haha.

Very fast, 40th flr already, I think u may get ur hse earlier, maybe Mar 11. Congrads.

I got the second letter from HDB saying tat they have refund the money loaned from CPF + interests in to my CPF Acct. This money is use for partial payment of my new flat. Even the net balance if any, is also use for payment of new flats. The $30 advance to upon collect of keys, if intend not to have it, u may use it for partial payment of flat also. If a person is 55yo and above the amt of withdrawal for purchase of the new flat is subject to the min sum for retirement.

I do not intend overlay the kitchen and toilet tiles. Leave it as it is. But built shower screen in the bath area.

Many thanks.

Always happy,

hdbfan is correct, the compensation was based on market value of price as at 1995, some ex gratia based on the current reno & floor level and the interior of ur house, like built-in kitchen cabinets, aircons etc. but not much for renov.