Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angrybirds

Id Closed His Shop And Job Undone.

Hi all new house onwers,

Recently a few BTO projects had already collected their keys.

Please remember this CHEATER name. Don't let your new house RUIN by him.

You will definately regret. Please help me spread around.

He need $$$$$$ now to reno his own flat so please do not DONATE your $$$$$$ to him.

He is a CHEATER.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi angrybird,

Just to check with you, on the Police side, are they doing anything?

I myself just got scammed by a laminate floor salesperson. Now i'm wondering if it's worth it for me to continue to do the "detective" work.

I'm under the impression that if the amount is not like million of dollars or if you are not an elite, such scammers will still live to scam.

For my case, the scammer is currently confirmed skip town and last known location is Malaysia.

Hi potat0,

Yes, they are still investigating. Let's hope that all this cheater will end up in jail. A leopard will never change its spots.Your scammer skip town but you can still deal with his company. Go small claim if the company is still in business. I think my CHEATER got no time to cheat cos he should have cheated enough money to Reno his new flat. But I think he will strike again in no time cos he had spent all his money in his Reno. So all new house owners, please be careful of him.

1339487271' post='724508']

Hi angrybird,

Just to check with you, on the Police side, are they doing anything?

I myself just got scammed by a laminate floor salesperson. Now i'm wondering if it's worth it for me to continue to do the "detective" work.

I'm under the impression that if the amount is not like million of dollars or if you are not an elite, such scammers will still live to scam.

For my case, the scammer is currently confirmed skip town and last known location is Malaysia.

Very sad to hear these, yes one of the ways is to look for other victims so that u can look for case n log a formal complaint against the company. Last resort is look for a lawyer thou but even that no guarantee that u will get the money back.

I remember reading a similar case some years . What happened is that this person was cheated n he created a blog about what happened n the scammer details were published. Due to such a move the scammer gave way due to pressure. So perhaps another way is to adopt "shame" tactic...

Hi diva79, unfortunately, CASE is not going to be effective for angrybirds' case or even mine.

The disappointing thing which I believe angrybirds is also facing, is that there are loopholes in our jurisdiction system and to sue will be generally a "rich" person's game as it requires a relatively huge amount of money to take legal actions against these people who are out to cheat and scam.

The part that is really disgusting to me is that such people will not get criminal charges against them as they are using the characteristics of that a company, no matter limited liability or sole proprietorship, is a separate legal entity. In other words, the company is like a separate person that is responsible to you when you engage them, not their owners.

So we as consumers, we are on the losing end because we have unlimited liability and we are engaging them as an individual but for those rouge IDs and Contractors, they can hide behind their companies since they are using the companies to enter into a contract with us. As a result, these owners who have the intention to scam or cheat, they are not liable directly unless we are able to prove a case to lift the corporate veil and go after these people instead of their companies.

Hi diva79 & potat0,

Yes, I agreed with potat0 about spending huge amount of money to take legal actions against these cheaters.

I been to lawyer but he said no point wasting money sueing him because Pte Ltd company can just closed their shop easily.

I do not want my money back but I just hope he will end up in jail and stop all these scams. I just hope singapore law can change or add a new law to this "BREECH OF CONTRACT" term.

I urged that all new home seekers can read up my post so as not to fall into such scam.

A few of my cousins and friends will be getting their new house keys and some even have to apply renovations loan from the bank for their renovations. I just hope and pray that they will not fall into the scam like I do or else they will definately end up in big trouble and headache.

Angrybirds.

Hi diva79, unfortunately, CASE is not going to be effective for angrybirds' case or even mine.

The disappointing thing which I believe angrybirds is also facing, is that there are loopholes in our jurisdiction system and to sue will be generally a "rich" person's game as it requires a relatively huge amount of money to take legal actions against these people who are out to cheat and scam.

The part that is really disgusting to me is that such people will not get criminal charges against them as they are using the characteristics of that a company, no matter limited liability or sole proprietorship, is a separate legal entity. In other words, the company is like a separate person that is responsible to you when you engage them, not their owners.

So we as consumers, we are on the losing end because we have unlimited liability and we are engaging them as an individual but for those rouge IDs and Contractors, they can hide behind their companies since they are using the companies to enter into a contract with us. As a result, these owners who have the intention to scam or cheat, they are not liable directly unless we are able to prove a case to lift the corporate veil and go after these people instead of their companies.

Hi diva79 & potat0,

Yes, I agreed with potat0 about spending huge amount of money to take legal actions against these cheaters.

I been to lawyer but he said no point wasting money sueing him because Pte Ltd company can just closed their shop easily.

I do not want my money back but I just hope he will end up in jail and stop all these scams. I just hope singapore law can change or add a new law to this "BREECH OF CONTRACT" term.

I urged that all new home seekers can read up my post so as not to fall into such scam.

A few of my cousins and friends will be getting their new house keys and some even have to apply renovations loan from the bank for their renovations. I just hope and pray that they will not fall into the scam like I do or else they will definately end up in big trouble and headache.

Angrybirds.

Hi angrybirds,

Probably just advise your cousins and friends to do enough research and background checks on the contractors/ID. So long as they fail the criteria such as having valid HDB licenses or new companies. It's at best to avoid.

The emotional turmoil from such issues is really not worth it and takes a fair bit of energy to move on and continue to source for a reliable contractor/ID/sub-contractor.

I hope folks who are starting out their renovation will read about this and know what is their legal rights to all these things they are signing up for.

I remember reading a similar case some years . What happened is that this person was cheated n he created a blog about what happened n the scammer details were published. Due to such a move the scammer gave way due to pressure. So perhaps another way is to adopt "shame" tactic...

Hi diva79, I think too.

Consumers cannot always be the ones to suffer in silence. I just started a blog a few days ago to advocate this.

I have just posted angrybirds' case after getting her approval.

http://badreviewssingapore.blogspot.sg/2012/06/kane-oh-id-closed-shop-but-job-undone.html

This is a new blog, so might not create much pressure for the scammer to give way but hope at least it contributes to lend a louder voice to those who have been bullied.

My friend's aunt encountered similar issue with another ID firm (inspiration living). Their flat was due for touch ups, yet 10 months after the work commencement, it hadn't been settled. They paid 90% of the total contract sum, too. The veneer on the doors got huge bubbles. The wall plastering was horrible as u can see patches. The paint came off after 6 months, pieces by pieces. Big pieces somemore. Terrible, isn't it? They couldn't got in touch with the boss even for months. The firm is still in operation though. I saw them in the expo. Tsk tsk tsk. Hooligans.

Recently my contractor also have stopped works when he has collected $40k ( about 80%) but work done only around 15%.. He told us will only start work when we pay them another 10% and we refused to pay. We went to case and police but they are not able to help us get them work or refund. Worst thing is that we cannot engage other contractor to finish up the renovation. No choice we seek legal action against them. During one of the arguments, he even told us that the most he close down his shop so that he do not need to pay us back the money.

The company is Millennium Lifestyle Pte Ltd and the ID name are Marvin Wong and Shirey Lee. Shocking that this company has a booth in this coming renovation fair at Expo (Classic Living 2012).

I hope this post can serve as a warning to public not to sign agreement with this company. This company do not have HDB license.

Hi all,

GOOD NEWS...

For those who wanted to KNOW/SEE who is the cheater who had cheated my $$$$$, please login to your facebook and search for kanejoh Joh. This is his facebook account. Please go to his PHOTOS and SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM, there is a few photos of him taken with his friends. HE IS THE ONE WEARING BLUE SHIRT. HE IS THE CHEATER. PLEASE PASS DOWN THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS WHO IS LOOKING FOR ID. BEWARE OF HIM...

Angrybirds

Hi all,

GOOD NEWS...

For those who wanted to KNOW/SEE who is the cheater who had cheated my $$$$$, please login to your facebook and search for kanejoh Joh. This is his facebook account. Please go to his PHOTOS and SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM, there is a few photos of him taken with his friends. HE IS THE ONE WEARING BLUE SHIRT. HE IS THE CHEATER. PLEASE PASS DOWN THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS WHO IS LOOKING FOR ID. BEWARE OF HIM...

Angrybirds

Hi angrybirds, feel sorry for your predicament... Do u mind sharing how you came to know this ID n end up signing the contract ? Anyone here who had a bad experience with this id, please feel free to share also.

Im trying to understand how home owners get to know n how they got cheated by ids/contractors. I hope to see if theres any tell tale signs at the beginning whereby future homeowners can spot.

The most common sign i know is the quotation is too cheap to be true... If u dont mind, can reveal your quotation ?

Edited by Speed45

Hi all,

GOOD NEWS...

Angrybirds

Hi Angrybirds,

We hate all these unethical and highly unprofessional contractors who is out to con and suck people hard earned $$.

I hope you have seek legal advice to address this and have him legally apprehend so he can stop cheating people $$ to help the rest.

Suggest also to cut and paste his picture and set up some facebook website on such crooks to deter errand contractors from repeating their scam.

I"m appalled to learn about this guy you mentioned and have some information for you in the PM which I hope is useful for your findings....

im glad my renovation journey completed with no major setbacks. except for minor hiccups here and there. i think most important is you should engage with someone who you can trust. even big companies licensed with HDB can cock up too. of course they dont run away but they dont do perfect renovations.

even if your renovation has completed, the after sales service must good too. you must ensure your ID can follow up if there are any problems with your house during the warranty period. as for me, my ID has left the company and started his own renovation business.

But to my surprise despite him leaving the company, twice he came over to my house to fix 2 minor problems that happened. he didnt shun my call even though he is not from the same company.