Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

Is the stainless steel pipe badly done?

This is the biggest problem: sink n pipe @ wrong position.

Need urgent reticification.

6895333090_f9d3896260_z_d.jpg

I currently have "meeting contractor fatigue".

The plumber should have use joint instead of bending the steel pipe... maybe can ask him to redo?

If i'm you, i will put my sink above the drainage pipe and water supply as the counter space (about 1000mm) to the left can be of better use, 1000mm counter space is big enough for a table top dish drainer or use it as a preparation table for raw ingredients, can also use it as a serving table before carry it out to the dining table. You make the wall behind the sink short for exposing your sink (if it is full of dirty dishes and plates) to your guest?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, steel pipe is badly done.

Are there stainless stain joints? We have stainless steel pipes too which are still in good condition but the joints had all oxidised and became green and white. The on/off knobs for the water supply also got corroded.

Yes, steel pipe is badly done.

Are there stainless stain joints? We have stainless steel pipes too which are still in good condition but the joints had all oxidised and became green and white. The on/off knobs for the water supply also got corroded.

Yes, there are. My guess your plumber use brass joint, normally use with copper piping on your stainless steel pipe.

that S/S pipe bend is really lousy. get it change else it will be corroding in a short time. S/S will rust too due to the 316 grading pipe used.

S/S can be bend 90degree and nicely done. most of my is bend reason less joint less leak, and some of my pipes are bend in a single long pipe with 3 bend of 90degree. they got machine that can bend nicely. some contractor just plain lazy they use brute force instead of slowly pushing it.

As for copper. prepare to pay high price for it.

Olden days copper is cheap, doing 1 house all using copper pipes is now like doing it with S/S in today $

Nowadays doing 1 house with copper, you will be able to do 3 or 4 house with S/S.

btw if can install a value at the end so can limit the water flow to curb wasteage if got maid.

Edited by victorco

We have requested to have pipe changed to copper material. Havent got the price for it but mentally prepared for the bill now....

:deal:

---- side note -----

funny how I can't sleep tonite. Thunders and lightening made me think of a tsunami situation in Singapore. I can't swim due to drowning experience. I don't know how I will protect my baby if such disaster happens. Maybe I have to make an effort to master swimming, and buy some life vests to keep in store room.

Oh well..

ahh.. relax.. :yamseng:

really salute :bow: you having a NB baby but still can focus on reno despite all the hiccups..

i wonder will i have this strength to do reno stuff and manage my upcoming baby.. :ph34r:

Hope your bill will not increase much. Today I saw my plumber bending the stainless steel pipe almost 90 degrees. It looks like an easy job for him, but I hope I don't see those kind of ugly bends too. Wait until they leave the house then I go spot check

ahh.. relax.. :yamseng:

really salute :bow: you having a NB baby but still can focus on reno despite all the hiccups..

i wonder will i have this strength to do reno stuff and manage my upcoming baby.. :ph34r:

my brain is a bit weird as in i tend to imagine worst case scenario to scare myself off. Ahahaha... My baby is 11 months old now, so easier to take care of her. Her schedule for activities is very obvious, so i can do certain things while she is playing or sleeping. Taking baby to the flat on reno progress is not recommended though. Cos its too dusty even for adults. My eastate called breeze, thus very breezy.. Recent, punggol got lots of storms or heavy rains, so more dusty.. Can see the dust in the Air when winds come.. Yellow, brownish colour air! Like fog.

Most of ppl here have full time jobs during the day. And they still manage their renovations. I am a full time mother, with an understanding husband so until now, its my hubby's responsibility to do site visiting, and deal with tommy. I am his researcher aka secretary and MOHA plus treasury manager. I also do coordination for other matters regarding reno. Its okie until now.. We only just had one week of reno experience. :dribble:

The storm is due to the massive orgy of block building.

Hope very thing turn out fine.

Jus remember anything dun like just tell them to change. Cos u paid for it. And it there to last.

If not end of day to Amend the thing maybe more troublesome then it seem to be. Especially the built in stuff and pipings.

--- the current state ---

7041429545_09f2aa83f4_z_d.jpg

6895332744_4c42b1869e_z_d.jpg

7041429825_e2d2bbe289_z_d.jpg

Is the stainless steel pipe badly done?

This is the biggest problem: sink n pipe @ wrong position.

Need urgent reticification.

6895333090_f9d3896260_z_d.jpg

I currently have "meeting contractor fatigue".

:D Don't worry...need advise just post it here...we can help u.

Hmm... usually mandrel bends are done on copper pipes as they are more malleable. Due to its stiffness, stainless steel pipes are connected with joints when bends are required. They shouldn't have bent the stainless steel pipe over 90 degrees, a joint should be there instead.

I think most people choose stainless steel for aesthetic reasons, but to be more "leak-proof", copper would be a better choice due to the lesser number of joints.

Do correct me if I'm wrong though...

Copper vs stainless steel....pricing.

Lesser joints, lesser risk on leakage.

There are some more pros and cons between these 2 material used, owner choice I will said. :yamseng:

that S/S pipe bend is really lousy. get it change else it will be corroding in a short time. S/S will rust too due to the 316 grading pipe used.

S/S can be bend 90degree and nicely done. most of my is bend reason less joint less leak, and some of my pipes are bend in a single long pipe with 3 bend of 90degree. they got machine that can bend nicely. some contractor just plain lazy they use brute force instead of slowly pushing it.

As for copper. prepare to pay high price for it.

Olden days copper is cheap, doing 1 house all using copper pipes is now like doing it with S/S in today $

Nowadays doing 1 house with copper, you will be able to do 3 or 4 house with S/S.

btw if can install a value at the end so can limit the water flow to curb wasteage if got maid.

I think its 304 grading, not 316 which is of higher range of stainless steel. If goggle, u will know the big different between 304 and 316. :yamseng:

The storm is due to the massive orgy of block building.

Hope very thing turn out fine.

Jus remember anything dun like just tell them to change. Cos u paid for it. And it there to last.

If not end of day to Amend the thing maybe more troublesome then it seem to be. Especially the built in stuff and pipings.

Oh, so the storm is bc of the consensed state of buildings in small area like punggol.

Thanks. I also hope for good things by the end of this rectification weekend.

Tommy agreed to do it for us.

:D Don't worry...need advise just post it here...we can help u.

Thanks, jaskel. You are less busy now? Cos i read your blog last yr and you havent got any update of your flat renovation since then. Oh, you stay @ punggol right? Any good doctor to recommend?