Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

Good that you have a bigger place @ a convenient area.

Can share the design of your Sengkang flat kitchen?

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Here's the layout of the house and kitchen

sk_fp.jpg

sk_fp_kitchen.jpg

View from entrance.

Left side is breakfast counter.

Beside breakfast counter is the full height cabinet (with storage heater).

Facing is Front loading washer, above is build in oven + hole for Microwave oven.

Follow by Fridge (very limited, can only house those small size fridge, think only 80 cm width).

Right side is hood + hob.

Right side is kind if island Sink + counter top for 2.

Basically, for this kind of size, really can only stand 2 person at the cook area. 1 wash + 1 cooking.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you guys. We have choosen to stick to clAss 0 insulation pipe as stated in the quotation. Now we are worried if they actually change the insulation pipe for us! Cos none of us are able to wait til the correct pipe comes! Just trust the seller does keep his word of honour loh.

I now am wondering how to check the pipe later, after piping installation done. Hm..

Feel like the start of renovation is not a smooth one already. Pray the rest will be less bumpy.

If later check liao it doesn't fit to the quotation, ask them to replace, else go to Small Claim tribunal.

Generally for the air-condition insulation, more important is the insulate the heat from going in. Personally, fire retardant is least of my concern for air-condition since it carries cold air when operated, hence the least chance of over-heating & catching fire. When heat arrive, I believe the trunking will be the 1st to melt.

But the copper piping is more important, the quality (thickness) will be the direct party to hold the cold gas in (thin wall pipe, higher chances of leakage over time).

All the best

Thank you Battle!

The kitchen @ your own place really looked good. Lots of storage. Even have a breakfast counter. Too bad, mine is super small so cannot have much storage in order to have more light in the flat. Hum... Abt the aircon problem, I believe what I required for the piping is supposed to be the best choice. Class 1 insulation is not bad, but I'd rather stick to my request, even when the seller suggested to take the class 1 insulation pipe and they will give us extra half a year warranty. :) will go down n check this saturday. Pray that everything is okie.

Don't worry, be happy. Renovation is always a stressful process, there bound to be hiccups here and there,its a norm, so take its lightly as long as its not those very serious issues. :yamseng:

When I first came to renotalk forum, I realized how famous "jaskel" was.. And today he came to my t-blog to give me words of encouragement. Suddenly all worries disappeared. A hahhaha... Thanks ah.

Relax piknik. Not easy for you to take care of child and renovation at same time, but I believe you can do it.

Ayazumi, I Remember this Martin Yan chef often said "if Yan can cook, so can you!". I am trying to tell myself the same thing: "if other female members here could juggle taking care of baby and renovation, so can I". :yamseng:

Anyway, It's not so bad. Cos I still have my hubby with me. We together share the work load.

--- Our Contractor ---

I was quite active in Punggol.org back then, and exchanged some conversation with a member there. She invited me n hubby over for house visiting, to share ideas on renovation and how her house was brightened without false ceiling or L-box. We liked her flat a lot, workmanship was really good, the contractor put lots of effort in space-planning and how to hide electrical trunking into carpentry works, or how he advised her on doing a good kitchen for area near the sea like Punggol. Before l left the flat, i asked for contractor's Hp number. I called The guy immediately that night.

Sam @ S.A.I.D pte ltd was an interesting guy. First of all, he is towards practical ideas, storage system more than fanciful design. Then, he doesn't drive. He uses public transport like us, not like all other contractors/IDs we have met so far. Hubby and I felt very comfortable talking to him, asking abt prices and advice for space planning, materials.. He was almost chosen to be The One.... Until my hubby suddenly got introduced to his boss's bro-in-law, Tommy.

Tommy was really frank, also very practical and dead-on the mission of helping us saving money. For all the decision I made, he said pros and cons and asked me to think twice abt having them. My hubby met Tommy way before this renovation, but was just talking to him as acquaintance, and found Tommy very easy to deal with. For me, I was very skeptical. I have already liked Sam n the idea of not using Sam gave me some guilt. I also had a hard time believing that Tommy wants to help us.. My dad talked sense to me eventually.

So, Tommy is our contractor. :yamseng:

Friends out there, you can try meeting Sam @ 9847 3548. For Tommy, I can only write review abt him after this renovation completed. Right now he doesn't take in projects, as he wants to rest. Our renovation was a simple one and he regards my hubby as his friend, so he helps us do the job, but we need to do our own supervision as well. Tommy already said this before hand.

Hi Piknik,

About painting the laminated doors, my contractor said it can be painted, but need to use the range for metal & wood. This range of paint has limited colours though. I'm painting my doors white.

Hi Piknik,

About painting the laminated doors, my contractor said it can be painted, but need to use the range for metal & wood. This range of paint has limited colours though. I'm painting my doors white.

Oh.. I also love to paint my door white. Thanks for the info. I will ask my contractor abt this. :dribble:

Just visited our flat, to check on the aircon piping n to give A*** the cheque for deposit payment. We are pleased to see the insulation pipe is class 0, changed as we requested. Felt super good. Now have to wait for the aircon installation. Heard from A*** that the mitsubishi compressor units r soon to be island wide out of stock due to Thailand flood last year. Everyone, if you have not yet bought the aircon n intended to buy Mitsubishi one, pls check with your chosen supplier soon.

Just visited our flat, to check on the aircon piping n to give A*** the cheque for deposit payment. We are pleased to see the insulation pipe is class 0, changed as we requested. Felt super good. Now have to wait for the aircon installation. Heard from A*** that the mitsubishi compressor units r soon to be island wide out of stock due to Thailand flood last year. Everyone, if you have not yet bought the aircon n intended to buy Mitsubishi one, pls check with your chosen supplier soon.

Mitsubishi was out of stock for some suppliers 2 weeks ago. My aircon contractor informed us that it was out of stock, but today he called and said will try to help us place order for it. If don't have, we are okay to opt for Panasonic too. Save at least $200-300 if choose Panasonic.

I think panasonic is very okie, good to save money. If I don't get starmex, I am fine as I got used to the old aircon in my current bed room already. Any other new aircon can't compete with the noise from this one..

Reno started on 19/03/2012

Hacking was done.

7002356961_f888efa72e_d.jpg

The girl was not me. She came with the contractor who took this photo for me.

Mitsubishi was out of stock for some suppliers 2 weeks ago. My aircon contractor informed us that it was out of stock, but today he called and said will try to help us place order for it. If don't have, we are okay to opt for Panasonic too. Save at least $200-300 if choose Panasonic.

Waa... Make me panic... I just called hongtar to confirm my Sys4 Starmex stock and they said don't worry, already reserved.... Hope nothing goes wrong...

Hi Piknik,

not too bad la...nippon as 2 pages of color choices in the catalog. and the paint shop also has a few colors in stock that is not shown in the catalog.

Congrats! Finally your renovation starts

Thank you, ayazumi. I thought this day would never come, hahaha..

Now anxious abt activity happens each day.