Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

Hi there, was reading thru your blog n understand that u r hacking a wall rite? If u require PE endorsement, do PM me. I've got mine endorsed at $300. The cheapest I've got. Most ID will charge between $500 to $1K.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Do I need to pay for 3D drawings when a contractor sent it to me? Usually they only sent to us when we have signed with them right? In my case, we are still deciding who to choose!

Last three weeks were a tough experience for me. Kid sick, me sick, hubby never came home as he was working nonstop for a ****ty client, and I have had a great mother in law that I now feel like I don't want to move out!

hello! was browsing thru renotalk & chance by yours :) really cool and interesting ideas you have :)

BTW, i believe the 3D designs will only be provided when you engage & confirm the ID/contractor you decided to use. More of like to safe guard biz in their point of views.

Good luck in your reno!

Finally I can apply for utility account today, to prepare for the renovation next week.

Pending hacking permit from HdB. PE endorsement at $300.

Bought:

-- two led bathroom lights.

-- cheap light for service yard.

-- table light with led.

-- floor lamp with led.

-- tatami mattress n cushions for platform.

-- phillips tea light set of 6. :dribble:

Deciding on the space planning and lighting system now.

Good that you have a bigger place @ a convenient area.

Can share the design of your Sengkang flat kitchen?

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Ops. miss this one. Let me go home dig out the old drawings, scan and post here Email U also can. Last time no such thing as soft copy one. All hand sketch (btw come to think about it, time flies. Almost 10 yrs bk) *faint***

hello.

i hope i could have some immediate help regarding the aircon installation matter.

pls answer if you know something okie.

thanks a lot.

here is the question:

-- i have contacted a*** to purchase the aircon unit from him.

-- i ordered class 0 insulation pipe with the copper pipe grade 23.

-- repeatedly email him the details prior to the piping installation date, which is today.

-- ended up: given class 1 insulation pipe.

--> is there any major difference btw class 0 n class 1? i understand class 0 is fire proof where class 1's enduration is weaker.

--> should i just accept class 1 given by a*** (due to typo error, he said, should be class 1 in the first place only)?

--> everyone is not happy leh. when i told my hubby to just stick to class 0 as it was stated clearly in the quote.

--> how to have a good installation like this?

haiz... haiz.. haiz...

Edited by piknik

I dont know about class 1 or 0. Is your specification written black and white and agreed by the contractor, also with the pricing? Then he should stick to what is agreed.

Internet and forums are powerful tools. Don't think he wanna spoil his reputation right.

hello.

i hope i could have some immediate help regarding the aircon installation matter.

pls answer if you know something okie.

thanks a lot.

here is the question:

-- i have contacted a*** to purchase the aircon unit from him.

-- i ordered class 0 insulation pipe with the copper pipe grade 23.

-- repeatedly email him the details prior to the piping installation date, which is today.

-- ended up: given class 1 insulation pipe.

--> is there any major difference btw class 0 n class 1? i understand class 0 is fire proof where class 1's enduration is weaker.

--> should i just accept class 1 given by a*** (due to typo error, he said, should be class 1 in the first place only)?

--> everyone is not happy leh. when i told my hubby to just stick to class 0 as it was stated clearly in the quote.

--> how to have a good installation like this?

haiz... haiz.. haiz...

agree with BY. the email is a written form of contract. seller should stick to contract. the class is meant for fire insulatuion. (i.e. fire retardant property)

http://singapore-aircon-selection.blogspot.com/

Go for 'Class 1' or 'Class O' PSB certified insulation though i would say it is not that important as the rating does not reflect the quality and insulation properties on the material.

Nevertheless get them to show u the sample. Ensure this will be use thru out the home and not half or part of it only.

Equally imortant is the thickness ranging from 1/4'', 3/8'', 1/2'' and 3/4'' (the usual thickness for residential) You have to ask them what thickness they are providing for the insulation. Using a thicker insulation also means better insulation properties but bigger trunking and higher cost.

** Insulation should have the brand, dimensions/thickness and 'Class Rating' printed on it.

Thank you guys. We have choosen to stick to clAss 0 insulation pipe as stated in the quotation. Now we are worried if they actually change the insulation pipe for us! Cos none of us are able to wait til the correct pipe comes! Just trust the seller does keep his word of honour loh.

I now am wondering how to check the pipe later, after piping installation done. Hm..

Feel like the start of renovation is not a smooth one already. Pray the rest will be less bumpy.

Thank you guys. We have choosen to stick to clAss 0 insulation pipe as stated in the quotation. Now we are worried if they actually change the insulation pipe for us! Cos none of us are able to wait til the correct pipe comes! Just trust the seller does keep his word of honour loh.

I now am wondering how to check the pipe later, after piping installation done. Hm..

Feel like the start of renovation is not a smooth one already. Pray the rest will be less bumpy.

If u want to ensure then u got to stay. I stayed till 9pm when Yongyi was installing. (Aron's installer) once the aircon pipe is up u can't check cos all wrapped up Liao. And they usually patched all the gaps back nicely with white cement for u.. U won't want to cut open to check again de..

If u already left then maybe u can drop by again after 2 hrs.. Cos mine start at 12pm end at 9pm lo. Not sure how complicated is urs

no worries lah. better than u keep on having regrets after you move in right?

Aiya, the original plan was that I looked after this matter since my mom in law promised to help me look after my baby. But suddenly last night we were told to take care of baby by ourselves n there would be no help what so ever during this renovation period. My hubby only could get half a day off n they started to come with piping quite late.. Then not the correct insulation pipe. My hubby had to return to work n I can't go there as my baby need to be fed n sleep.. Haiz.. I wanted to check on the piping installation in late afternoon when my baby is awake but gotta help fetching my niece suddenly! Nice right? No one helps u but u still have to help others.

I will adopt the ostrich attitude for now. My hubby said no point worrying. Hohoho..

Aiya, the original plan was that I looked after this matter since my mom in law promised to help me look after my baby. But suddenly last night we were told to take care of baby by ourselves n there would be no help what so ever during this renovation period. My hubby only could get half a day off n they started to come with piping quite late.. Then not the correct insulation pipe. My hubby had to return to work n I can't go there as my baby need to be fed n sleep.. Haiz.. I wanted to check on the piping installation in late afternoon when my baby is awake but gotta help fetching my niece suddenly! Nice right? No one helps u but u still have to help others.

I will adopt the ostrich attitude for now. My hubby said no point worrying. Hohoho..

Don't worry, be happy. Renovation is always a stressful process, there bound to be hiccups here and there,its a norm, so take its lightly as long as its not those very serious issues. :yamseng: