Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

Price of aircon depending on the btu. It can be system 3 at 2.8k but all 3 are 9k btu. Mine at 3.2k incl steel bracket for 18k+12k+9k plus better piping etc. so cannot say all system 3 are the same. Not comparing apple with apple.

I was quoted 3.3k for Mitsubishi inverter system 3, 3x9btu. No bracket needed. Copper pipe, class O insulation pipe.. Heard its good stuff one but I can't remember exact details. I still feel that quote is very expensive. Some more, I never heard of the company name before. GSN aircon? Something like that.. Still asking around for aircon quote.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If you need contact, maybe I can ask from my father. No confirm, but I will try to ask first, because they do only landed properties, don't like to handle HDB projects. I am outsourcing my aircon to my father's friend/contractor. He quoted me Mitsubishi inverter system 3 at $2.8k. How many BTU, I didn't ask (or I don't know the importance until now), but I make sure that the rubber used must be the good ones from Armaflex.

I was quoted 3.3k for Mitsubishi inverter system 3, 3x9btu. No bracket needed. Copper pipe, class O insulation pipe.. Heard its good stuff one but I can't remember exact details. I still feel that quote is very expensive. Some more, I never heard of the company name before. GSN aircon? Something like that.. Still asking around for aircon quote.

piknik, then its too ex. my steel bracket is $200 and mine is high btu than just 9000btu. I think you better get it from other shops....

i have hansgrohe "rain dance" set. i am using city gas heater and its ok.... very good pressure....

If you need contact, maybe I can ask from my father. No confirm, but I will try to ask first, because they do only landed properties, don't like to handle HDB projects. I am outsourcing my aircon to my father's friend/contractor. He quoted me Mitsubishi inverter system 3 at $2.8k. How many BTU, I didn't ask (or I don't know the importance until now), but I make sure that the rubber used must be the good ones from Armaflex.

Thank you ayazumi. My husband has a contact but he hasn't told me abt the quotation yet... Too busy hubby! :bangwall:

Thanks again, with love. :rolleyes:

My starmex inverter 3 only 2.8k but 9k btu x3. 1/2 inch Class O insulation, g23 copper pipe, 16mm drain pipe. 3.3k is too ex for me

Where did u buy it my neighbor!!?

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

piknik, then its too ex. my steel bracket is $200 and mine is high btu than just 9000btu. I think you better get it from other shops....

i have hansgrohe "rain dance" set. i am using city gas heater and its ok.... very good pressure....

Hansgrohe product is very ex... But I remember seeing one shower head in sunny yellow (also in light pink n red) and my hubby insisted to have that sunny yellow one. Price as told: $140. Haven't bought it yet. Cos haven't found contractor or visited city gas.

I will tell my husband abt the "rain dance" set.

Bathing is one of a few good leisure in life. Submerge oneself in the warm water, feeling relax n soothing...

I still remember the last time I was playing under the rain.. Very addictive.

Rain drops poured down nonstop, washing away all the problems and you were just part of nature..

But again, my complain: my bath time right now must be less than 10 mins.

I am waiting patiently for the day that I could slowly enjoy myself during a bath.

:yamseng:

Edited by piknik

Hi Piknik, if you intend to install aircon in the living room, I think 9K BTU is not enough. Mine is like a 20K for living, 17K for dining, 12K for MBR (cos it's bigger than the other rooms) & 9K for the rest of the rooms. No point going for the cheapest aircon quote that ignores the cooling capacity required (and during my research phase I realized that most salespersons dunno anything about BTU calculations and requirements and just want you to go for the sets with best commission).

The BTU was decided after computation of the cooling capacity that is required based on room size.

Taken from this site: http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/faq/faq.asp#2

For a quick estimation, we can use the rule of thumb:

Area (Length x Width) X 65 = BTU/hr

E.g. Room size 10ft X 10ft = 100ft2 X 65 = 6,500BTU/hr.

A good store would be able to advise you of your apartment requirements based on your room measurements.

Hi Piknik, if you intend to install aircon in the living room, I think 9K BTU is not enough. Mine is like a 20K for living, 17K for dining, 12K for MBR (cos it's bigger than the other rooms) & 9K for the rest of the rooms. No point going for the cheapest aircon quote that ignores the cooling capacity required (and during my research phase I realized that most salespersons dunno anything about BTU calculations and requirements and just want you to go for the sets with best commission).

The BTU was decided after computation of the cooling capacity that is required based on room size.

Taken from this site: http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/faq/faq.asp#2

A good store would be able to advise you of your apartment requirements based on your room measurements.

Adidaem, when I saw your nick in my blog, I automatically assumed you would have some interior suggestion. Hahhaha...

I only need aircon for the bedrooms, and they r tiny... So 9000btu is enough.

Punggol Breeze is Very breezy, so we don't need aircon for the living room.

Intend to get a few industrial floor fans to use when guests come.

Hansgrohe product is very ex... But I remember seeing one shower head in sunny yellow (also in light pink n red) and my hubby insisted to have that sunny yellow one. Price as told: $140. Haven't bought it yet. Cos haven't found contractor or visited city gas.

I will tell my husband abt the "rain dance" set.

Bathing is one of a leisure in life. Submerge oneself in the warm water, feeling relax n soothing...

I still remember the last time I was playing under the rain.. Very addictive.

Rain drops poured down nonstop, washing away all the problems and you were just part of nature..

But again, my complain: my bath time right now must be less than 10 mins.

I am waiting patiently for the day that I could slowly enjoy myself during a bath.

:yamseng:

I think i should show this to my wife coz she think that i'm abit crazy on wanting to get a rainshower set... haha

Adidaem, when I saw your nick in my blog, I automatically assumed you would have some interior suggestion. Hahhaha...

I only need aircon for the bedrooms, and they r tiny... So 9000btu is enough.

Punggol Breeze is Very breezy, so we don't need aircon for the living room.

Intend to get a few industrial floor fans to use when guests come.

You are so creative, don't embarrass myself lar.

Hey, I'm also highly "practical living" too... as my pages of queries to my IDs can attest to.

If you want to get a separate ac contractor, best to ask if your contractor will be willing to work with your aircon contractor. Some may not, cos they don't want to help coordinate, or have had unpleasant experiences cos some ac contractors are not willing to make multiple trips or sometimes damage work already done such as false walls, painting, etc. E.g. in my case, both contractors were willing to work together, along with my IDs to minimize and hide the trucking and pipes. To do so, I think my ac contractor made 2-3 trips to my place, 1st time for initial assessment/discussion of where to put the blowers and run pipes, then the piping/compressor installation and then the blower installation.

At my place, it's so windy that I've had guests who request for aircon instead cos they find the wind too cold... that is one extreme case but there will be times when the weather becomes warm e.g. middle of the year. Since ac is not something you can install whenever you feel like it (it's an infrastructure type of appliance), the advice I got when I did my reno was to install even if I don't think I'll use it often.

I think i should show this to my wife coz she think that i'm abit crazy on wanting to get a rainshower set... haha

Btw, I use my rain shower very often and love my thermostatic controls too. Super wasteful tho, so I try not too indulge too often. :)

At my place, it's so windy that I've had guests who request for aircon instead cos they find the wind too cold... that is one extreme case but there will be times when the weather becomes warm e.g. middle of the year. Since ac is not something you can install whenever you feel like it (it's an infrastructure type of appliance), the advice I got when I did my reno was to install even if I don't think I'll use it often.

Btw, I use my rain shower very often and love my thermostatic controls too. Super wasteful tho, so I try not too indulge too often. :)

I have thought abt the need of aircon in living room, but after visiting my new flat a few times in the afternoon, I feel that it is safe to not installing aircon. Wind is just breezy, as there is a block in front of mine.. Not too windy, not too hot. Don't know abt the extreme hot period yet. I assume my husband will spend money on a dyson fan somewhere in the far future (haha), and he is also eyeing a very vintage yet industrial floor fan... So my guests will not be sweaty spending time talking to us at our place. Pray pray..

The thing abt living in Singapore is that, one should always be conscious abt water usage. But so often I see people waste water as if it's a dirt cheap thing on earth. How I wish such people experience the life without water supply in some other countries. Said that, I will make sure if I ever have a rain shower in my house, my hubby will not abuse it.

Edited by piknik