Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

No Money Still Wanna Do Reno.

We actually wanted to see if the human race still exists after 21-12-2012, before we buy a flat and have a kid. But parents wanted grandchildren asap, as dad's health wasn't good at all at that time. So we felt pressured enough to want to buy a flat first, then have a kid.

We looked for a re-sale flat near our parents' place.

Prices are like M-A-D. Bc it's hot property area.

So we entered the Sale of Balance Flat 2010 just to try our luck,

while looking out for new BTO projects... Thought we would fail for sure.

Somehow, I got pregnant!!! Oh God, so fast!!! Panic attacked!!!

Then, somehow, thank God, we got a 100/+ queue number. Relieved a bit.

We actual chose Breeze just bc HdB said it would only be ready by August 2013. That will give us more time in order to prepare the CaSH for the flat n renovation, as well as to enjoy freedom, hahaha... (cos dad's health got better after surgery). But the flat is soon to be ready by Jan 2012! We manage to work out the cash part, since we opt for a lowest loan amount possible. But renovation budget is a problem... We thought we could just stay at our current place first, until we are better in financial situation. But our baby really need a healthy space for her development. Right now, just too crowded, many threats of bad influence. And for us, really no privacy. So, no choice, we would have to move to our new flat as soon as possible.

Hence, our title: no money still wanna do renovation.

-------

Thank you for reading this...

:P

------

Floor plan:

6482045711_a7ab4d2eeb_z_d.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Piknik aka Sale of balance flat 2011-er. Haha..just like you, I too have a terrible budget constraints but still wanna renovate my place. I believe w low budget out place can tun out good also well, just gotta do lots of research n budgeting! Good luck!

Congrats in starting your own T-blog. I am sure you will be able to reno your place to your own liking even though low in budget.

Don't be dishearten.... we are all here to help and give advise. :yamseng:

Hi Piknik,

I feel you. now come & play Xbox kinect Yogo with me.

We meditate for good aura. Good things will come our way.

We just have to be very careful in the choices and sometime no choice one,

we got to make do lah because of our budget.

Depending the lifespan and how koyak the item is used after like for 5-10-15 years.

Daily electrical stuff will usually koyak 3years down the road.

Kitchen - heavy cook 5-8years, light cooking longer life span.

I see my aunty renovate her kitchen every 8 years . Now its like 3rd time leh.

I see that she so happy like change kitchen design like change curtain like that. hahaha

Your humour caption make me smile.

:yamseng:

Edited by iamnorah

Thank you May_dream1, cjred, wendily86, nellynut, NeoBy, and iamnorah. Hopefully we will cruise through this first renovation experience in one piece. :yamseng:

We keep discussing about our budget and when we could add in a bit more money, don't know why we burst the new budget again after listing down essential items.. It's like we always find things to get for the flat!! And those are not even for decoration purpose!! Weird!!!!

These are what we plan to do for our first home.

Theme: don't know!

Colour theme: wooden brown/ sunny yellow/ white.

Living room: just a storage platform @ the window area, to utilize the full height window.

6482230719_fef2f1481e_b_d.jpg

Kitchen: using idea from a punggol spring t-blog, as it's the best way to make the kitchen look spacious, to my husband's opinion.

we love the white n yellow kitchen in the reference image.

6575154471_3008bea9d5_b_d.jpg

Master bedroom: pls forgive my ugly finger drawing. :D:horse:

Again, storage platform.

6575155167_5414e89e79_b_d.jpg

Idea for bathroom as of now:

Yet to know what we want to do with the master bedroom toilet.

The vanity is just too ugly for my husband.

6574982575_fd870b0ae7_b_d.jpg

We plan to leave the walls white, all doors painted white.

No false ceiling or Lbox.

Welcome any suggestion. Thank you. :D

Edited by piknik

I plan to get the lights and carpet from taobao (China). Cheaper this way but not sure about quality. My ex colleague got a light from them and it is ok.

Im frm breeze too n we got the same floorplan =)

Hallo rocksteady, how do you intend to renovate your place?

Hi piknik, congrats! I sure your reno will be swee swee despite your low budget. Cheers!

Hi potatoes, thanks for visiting this blog. I have read your own blog but yet to say hi over there.

I plan to get the lights and carpet from taobao (China). Cheaper this way but not sure about quality. My ex colleague got a light from them and it is ok.

I did check the taobao lighting section. Price seems really cheap! But my husband doesn't like the idea. Hahaha... We will try with local shops n probably get simple lights n lamps only.

i like the 'concept'. a tight leash on money constraints will result in a very creative effort both to keep within the expendable as well as making the money work extra hard to achieve the end point.