Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

then go wif solid top bah. but try to get light colour one to avoid scratches being obvious. Also as per my contractor, getting a mid range solid top is better than the cheapest n the most expensive one. I remember one is because of heat resistant. Another one i forgot liao.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thank you SzeHui.

Have talked to my hubby n more or less we still stick to solid surface.

Today we visited our new flat to check on defects. Not much except some badly done grout lines n skirting joints, n a few windows with scratching noise. Maybe we are not a fussy couple at all. :unsure:

Thank you SzeHui.

Have talked to my hubby n more or less we still stick to solid surface.

Today we visited our new flat to check on defects. Not much except some badly done grout lines n skirting joints, n a few windows with scratching noise. Maybe we are not a fussy couple at all. :unsure:

i still recommend solid surface.... especially if you want light coloured. i am sure it can last for at least 5 years and if there are stains, then just replace it again.

Got many tips & webbie from this chat. Thanks.

When I 1st got my BTO at Seng Kang, got a real shocker to see the Kitchen is that small. That time, I got more then 15 design from IDs and finally selected the one that did my reno. He manage to plan the space pretty well and out of the norms. Which really impress me. But his workman ship is so so. (My friend uses the same coy, but different ID & I believe they uses different contractor, cause my friends design is normal, but really good workmanship, mine is excellent design but so so workmanship). ; )

I've long sold my Send Kang Flat, recently bought a re-sale EA at Bedok. Good layout, best is just beside my kids school, will be collecting the Keys in Mid May 2012. (yeah).

Now using the Floor-planner to do up my design (since now this place much bigger, don't need those creative juice to squeeze things into the very limited place). ; )

But since the place is larger, Reno cost will up high high as well. As usual, with limited budget, will NOT be getting ID since the cost is really much higher comparing with/without ID work.

Later will share my floor plan after touch-up ;p

Nice forum, nice people here sharing their experience.

Cheers and Happy New Year ; )

Systemind platformwith two hidden tables for my living room (dont remember exact measurement, abt 3x2m/++) cost 4.5k, with installation. 30cm high. Just right for the window. But this we don't need to worry for now, can slowly save up money to get it later. :rolleyes: we choose to have this instead of opting for a cheaper version bc, firstly we respect the patent that Design Tray has, secondly, hubby loves the solid wood material (I jumped on it n no quek sound was created, good quality) n the storage option, thirdly, can move the whole platform to new place in the future. we are not getting any sofa or tv console/ feature wall as well as TVs so money can be saved for this.

We r with budget but we dont want to sacrifice the quality. That is why the "expensive stuff" r in our Reno brief.. Haha.. But not all are to be purchased or get done immediately. We will get kitchen first, plumbing n piping works, then electrical works. The rest is to be done slowly later after we move in. What makes the house look nice in the end are the furnitures, and little stuff we use in the house, and these can be done at our own pace.

Hoffen kitchen is at $900 per meter for bottom cabinets. With my kitchen size, I can totally afford to get L-shaped bottom cabinet from hoffen n the cost will be jut a bit higher than a normal customized kitchen cabinets. And I think it can last me for quite long. since I cook daily, hubby n I agree to get a good kitchen.

Hi, just visited your blog while looking for ideas for my place. very interesting blog.

Just to share that i used Systemind platform for my previous place. Very good quality and still in very good condition after 5 years. Will strongly recommend.But didnt remove it when i sold my place cos it was there when the buyer view the place and though it was not so nice that it disappear when they took over the place. Also i have no immediate place to install it as my new place is not ready yet.

Will check out the Hoffen kitchen as well for my new place. Always like a nice designer kitchen.

Hi, just visited your blog while looking for ideas for my place. very interesting blog.

Just to share that i used Systemind platform for my previous place. Very good quality and still in very good condition after 5 years. Will strongly recommend.But didnt remove it when i sold my place cos it was there when the buyer view the place and though it was not so nice that it disappear when they took over the place. Also i have no immediate place to install it as my new place is not ready yet.

Will check out the Hoffen kitchen as well for my new place. Always like a nice designer kitchen.

Thanks for your nice review abt systemind platform.

You should visit Hoffen showroom. A bit inconvenient to go there though, bad traffic, small roads.

But the kitchen models r nice.

:rolleyes:

Got many tips & webbie from this chat. Thanks.

When I 1st got my BTO at Seng Kang, got a real shocker to see the Kitchen is that small. That time, I got more then 15 design from IDs and finally selected the one that did my reno. He manage to plan the space pretty well and out of the norms. Which really impress me. But his workman ship is so so. (My friend uses the same coy, but different ID & I believe they uses different contractor, cause my friends design is normal, but really good workmanship, mine is excellent design but so so workmanship). ; )

I've long sold my Send Kang Flat, recently bought a re-sale EA at Bedok. Good layout, best is just beside my kids school, will be collecting the Keys in Mid May 2012. (yeah).

Now using the Floor-planner to do up my design (since now this place much bigger, don't need those creative juice to squeeze things into the very limited place). ; )

But since the place is larger, Reno cost will up high high as well. As usual, with limited budget, will NOT be getting ID since the cost is really much higher comparing with/without ID work.

Later will share my floor plan after touch-up ;p

Nice forum, nice people here sharing their experience.

Cheers and Happy New Year ; )

Good that you have a bigger place @ a convenient area.

Can share the design of your Sengkang flat kitchen?

:dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

--/ inspiration \--

6811786035_3311e4b7c2_z_d.jpg

I just love flowers....

6811785695_dd9eae8e74_d.jpg

I like the shape of the above bathroom vanity top. Curvy. Appropriate for tiny bathroom with narrow space to close the door.

6811785137_472ef7e228_z_d.jpg

Want to install mirror cabinets n lights like above.

6811785383_20822cede7_d.jpg

I like this kitchen counter top curvy corner. Want it for my kitchen.

--just got my safari crashed. a long post deleted in a flash.--

Today I have a few disappointments, after meeting a contractor cum ID at my new flat:

1/ can't have my doors painted white, unless I buy new doors. As HdB provided laminated doors, which is not suitable to be painted over.

2/ can't have my tempered glass backing @ kitchen spray-painted in two colors. Self-spraying attempt is rejected, as expect.

3/ will have to tolerate the ugly grey colored vanity top at master bathroom or spend a few thousands to revamp the room.

4/ his aircon contact quoted 3.3k for mitsubishi inverter system 3, saying they provide a very good after service and blah blah blah.... Why 3.3K? Even more expensive than all the big companies.. I might as well ask Natural Cool for a quote.

I just posted This question regarding solid MDF products. If you know anything abt it, please tell me. Thank you very much.

I am looking for a good solution for my study cum guest room. A space saving system for work station n hidden bed. Don't recommend me the Italian products which cost 20K okie.... Hix... It is **** cool but pls, too expensive.

Oh, re-visit the hoffen kitchen showroom. On the second look and careful thinking, suddenly it doesn't make sense to have fully-Blum kitchen from a company that doesn't produce BLum. They provide hannex counter top n common known brands for laminate like formica, edl, jennings. it's the same as asking your contractor for a better quality kitchen with Blum system at a lower price than $900/+++ per meter. Right?

Now I am considering having my kitchen skeleton built using concrete. Was told Punggol is more humid than other ares, using concrete will make the kitchen structure stronger n long lasting. I am thinking of the chopping part, when preparing a meal. Chopping on hollow surface is not advisable so currently, in my kitchen, I gotta find a small spot at the end of the kitchen counter, to just chop things there.. **** small n narrow... If big stuff like a chicken, I don't dare to just chop on the kitchen counter (using chopping board ah), but on the floor instead.... At my parents house, I never do this, cos their kitchen is a very solid structure..

I thought new flat not allowed to touch bathroom, meaning, you cannot redo the whole bathroom. Not allowed to change tiles but if cabinet, I think it's ok.

Secondly, having cement skeleton really long lasting. Really good idea.... And definitely having all Blum is cheaper than 900 per metre. I am paying 200 per feet with better solid surface and Blum so a metre only 600, 30% cheaper.

I thought new flat not allowed to touch bathroom, meaning, you cannot redo the whole bathroom. Not allowed to change tiles but if cabinet, I think it's ok.

Secondly, having cement skeleton really long lasting. Really good idea.... And definitely having all Blum is cheaper than 900 per metre. I am paying 200 per feet with better solid surface and Blum so a metre only 600, 30% cheaper.

30% cheaper is already a lot of money huh? Can buy me other stuff like bathroom accessories.. That's why my husband n I start to re-consider hoffen kitchen. Haahaha... For bathroom, we only want to replace the vanity top n install mirror n probably a top cabinet. Will not overlay tiles to save cost. But to replacing the vanity top also costs money... Which we need to think carefully. Will see the quote first. The new sink which we saw at heritage bathroom is around $320. Ceramic sink.

My frend had this hidden bed. Its quite heavy. DId u try lifting down and up the bed before?

Really? How was the hidden bed? Is it from hidden wall bed company? Still good after a few years?

I tried lifting up n down @ expo exhibition, seem okie, heavy but okie.