Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

Hansgrohe product is very ex... But I remember seeing one shower head in sunny yellow (also in light pink n red) and my hubby insisted to have that sunny yellow one. Price as told: $140. Haven't bought it yet. Cos haven't found contractor or visited city gas.

I will tell my husband abt the "rain dance" set.

Bathing is one of a few good leisure in life. Submerge oneself in the warm water, feeling relax n soothing...

I still remember the last time I was playing under the rain.. Very addictive.

Rain drops poured down nonstop, washing away all the problems and you were just part of nature..

But again, my complain: my bath time right now must be less than 10 mins.

I am waiting patiently for the day that I could slowly enjoy myself during a bath.

:yamseng:

The one i had was ok, about $300+ for the shower head, not the mixer. Mixer i was using another brand. hehehe..... if its $100 plus, then not too bad.

just like you, i feel that water should not be wasted although showering and submerge oneself is a good way to relax. :bath: thus, i only do that when i go holiday. need a little pampering once a while....haahhaha....

At home, i will just shower, off the tap while shampooing then on again.... maybe i am conscious of the bill as well.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have thought abt the need of aircon in living room, but after visiting my new flat a few times in the afternoon, I feel that it is safe to not installing aircon. Wind is just breezy, as there is a block in front of mine.. Not too windy, not too hot. Don't know abt the extreme hot period yet. I assume my husband will spend money on a dyson fan somewhere in the far future (haha), and he is also eyeing a very vintage yet industrial floor fan... So my guests will not be sweaty spending time talking to us at our place. Pray pray..

WE are living in singapore, so sometimes the weather does get hot. just got to bear with it.... i don't think its a necessary too if you been there a few times and its breezy enough. or else it could just be white elephant sitting there without being used.

I also don't think it is necessary to install aircon in the living room. If really need in future, then install another system specifically for the living room.

The one i had was ok, about $300+ for the shower head, not the mixer. Mixer i was using another brand. hehehe..... if its $100 plus, then not too bad.

just like you, i feel that water should not be wasted although showering and submerge oneself is a good way to relax. :bath: thus, i only do that when i go holiday. need a little pampering once a while....haahhaha....

At home, i will just shower, off the tap while shampooing then on again.... maybe i am conscious of the bill as well.

I am exactly like u, only want to enjoy the bathtub if I am on holiday. Hhahaa... Criteria to choose a hotel: got bathtub or not. :dribble: only once in a while ( one a year? ) so I feel it's very okie.. ;P

- aircon quote by Aron -

Mitsubishi Electric

$2999 nett (special promo, end feb 2012)

- Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 3 MXY3A28 / MSYGE10VA X 3 (9kbtu X 3)

optional stainless steel bracket at $128 nett

- 1/2 inch Armaflex class "0" insulation

- G23 copper pipe

- 16mm drainage pvc pipe

- free 2 trips installation

- free dismantle & disposal of old air-con

- One year warranty for worksmanship & air-con equipments. Five years warranty for compressor

* Free Site Survey

* Special coordinating work between aron and customer’s contractor

* Special appointed installation team

* Special supervising work by head of installer

-••-

I emailed Aron close to midnight last night, and he replied very quickly. Good impression!! Now await a few more quotes before hubby n I make a decision.

-- LG hi macs countertop price range --

Directly from LuxxNewHouse Design Center

1)       Customer chose the colour and we give rough quotation

2)       If confirm the colour, I will arrange measurement on the kitchen top.

3)       Once got the measurement we will send you the official quotation,

4)       Once approval we need to collect 50% deposit

5)       And other payment will be collected once we install the top at your house.

So base on the colour you chose, I give you a rough quotations.

1/ Gemini                      – ($158 p/f.r x 15 ft = $2370, with GST total is $2535.90)

2/ tambora                     – ($158 p/f.r x 15 ft = $2370, with GST total is $2535.90)

3/ Tapioca pearl             - ($143 p/f.r x 15 ft = $2145, with GST total is $2295.15)

4/ Andromeda                – (Not Available)

5/ tundra quartz             - ($143 p/f.r x 15 ft = $2145, with GST total is $2295.15)

Sink:

1)       Composite acrylic integrated sink (colour can be change) - $488

2)       Pure acrylic integrated sink (colour can’t be change) - $830

3)       ranke sink double sink (stainless steel – model : ZTX 620B) - $680 (now offer when you purchase LG top with us is offer at $589)

------ I have picked out a few light colors like the above to ask for the price. Feel that it's expensive. Have to say, more expensive than the countertop price from the same brand that Classic Furniture quoted me last month.

-- Corian price range from OSA System --

Price starts from $110.00 to $240.00 pfr (per foor run), depending on the colour of your choice.

Price subject to standard specifications.

1) Arctic ice: S$150-$175.00 PFR.

2) White jasmine: S$125-$150.00 PFR.

3) Arrowroot: Not available in this region / obsoleted.

4) Antarctica: S$140-S$165.00 PFR.

5) Double Sink: S$880.00 (in Glacier White)

Suggested price exclude prevailing GST.

----

I asked for price reference. Colors like above are white based with speckles.

Emailed Co-top to ask for Cresto countertop price range twice, didn't get any answer.

wah wah, seems like you been getting quite a few quotes on the solid surface top.

The pricing is really :bangwall: .. not cheap sia..

Air-con wise, i got mine from Aron and my 2nd installation for the fancoil and compressor would be this coming sat. But the guys did a nice job of doing the piping and trunking in my opinion. If needed, i can take a few pics to share with you =)

wah wah, seems like you been getting quite a few quotes on the solid surface top.

The pricing is really :bangwall: .. not cheap sia..

Air-con wise, i got mine from Aron and my 2nd installation for the fancoil and compressor would be this coming sat. But the guys did a nice job of doing the piping and trunking in my opinion. If needed, i can take a few pics to share with you =)

Please share pictures of aircon installation. Thanks.

I am asking direct distributors of those brands to know the price range. So I can see if contractors charge reasonable or not.

I also don't think it is necessary to install aircon in the living room. If really need in future, then install another system specifically for the living room.

IIRC you're living in my neighbourhood? "By right" you can only install one compressor due to the current load limits for older HDB flats. I have however seen EMs with two compressors in our neighbourhood though.

In my case, I sometimes use the living room aircon if its really hot because opening the windows/doors lets in a lot of dust along with the breeze. Otherwise I just use the ceiling fan. I rarely open the windows.

IIRC you're living in my neighbourhood? "By right" you can only install one compressor due to the current load limits for older HDB flats. I have however seen EMs with two compressors in our neighbourhood though.

In my case, I sometimes use the living room aircon if its really hot because opening the windows/doors lets in a lot of dust along with the breeze. Otherwise I just use the ceiling fan. I rarely open the windows.

Haha, hi neighbour! I'm staying Serangoon North too. The two compressor system is for TS, not for my house. I know our old gen flats cannot install two compressors outside our houses.

Granite Emitting Radiation

New information about possible hazards of granite and stone countertops. Recent article in NYT told of countertops of granite emmiting unacceptable levels of radiation. "Allegations that granite countertops may emit dangerous levels of radon and radiation have been raised periodically over the past decade, mostly by makers and distributors of competing countertop materials. The Marble Institute of America has said such claims are “ludicrous” because although granite is known to contain uranium and other radioactive materials like thorium and potassium, the amounts in countertops are not enough to pose a health threat.

Health physicists and radiation experts agree that most granite countertops emit radiation and radon at extremely low levels. They say these emissions are insignificant compared with so-called background radiation that is constantly raining down from outer space or seeping up from the earth’s crust, not to mention emanating from manmade sources like X-rays, luminous watches and smoke detectors.

But with increasing regularity in recent months, the Environmental Protection Agency has been receiving calls from radon inspectors as well as from concerned homeowners about granite countertops with radiation measurements several times above background levels. “We’ve been hearing from people all over the country concerned about high readings,” said Lou Witt, a program analyst with the agency’s Indoor Environments Division.

The E.P.A. recommends taking action if radon gas levels in the home exceeds 4 picocuries per liter of air (a measure of radioactive emission); about the same risk for cancer as smoking a half a pack of cigarettes per day."

Something to consider when chosing a counter top material...

Credit : Home Memory

Granite Emitting Radiation

New information about possible hazards of granite and stone countertops. Recent article in NYT told of countertops of granite emmiting unacceptable levels of radiation. "Allegations that granite countertops may emit dangerous levels of radon and radiation have been raised periodically over the past decade, mostly by makers and distributors of competing countertop materials. The Marble Institute of America has said such claims are “ludicrous” because although granite is known to contain uranium and other radioactive materials like thorium and potassium, the amounts in countertops are not enough to pose a health threat.

Health physicists and radiation experts agree that most granite countertops emit radiation and radon at extremely low levels. They say these emissions are insignificant compared with so-called background radiation that is constantly raining down from outer space or seeping up from the earth’s crust, not to mention emanating from manmade sources like X-rays, luminous watches and smoke detectors.

But with increasing regularity in recent months, the Environmental Protection Agency has been receiving calls from radon inspectors as well as from concerned homeowners about granite countertops with radiation measurements several times above background levels. “We’ve been hearing from people all over the country concerned about high readings,” said Lou Witt, a program analyst with the agency’s Indoor Environments Division.

The E.P.A. recommends taking action if radon gas levels in the home exceeds 4 picocuries per liter of air (a measure of radioactive emission); about the same risk for cancer as smoking a half a pack of cigarettes per day."

Something to consider when chosing a counter top material...

Credit : Home Memory

Serious!? This sounds really scaring...... :jawdrop:

Serious!? This sounds really scaring...... :jawdrop:

Sorry if I Scared you.

My parents' kitchen has a granite countertop.. Been there for 15 yrs already. My mom (who spends most of her time in the kitchen (cum dining room) is currently healthy. No sign of lung cancer. Health checked annually.

I believe these days, in this fast food generation, only if you look closely then you realize everything we use daily can cause cancer..

We all die eventually anyway.

None dies in The way one wants to plan.. Hahhaha..

Edited by piknik