Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piknik

}[ No Money Still Wanna Do Reno ]{

Adidaem, thanks.

We have purchased a minimalist - looking LED floor lamp. For wall light, we concern the wiring trunking. ;) but still need a ceiling light though.. Will ask contractors for opinion.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Take note of the hdb rule on fan height. Think blades hv to be 2.4m from floor? The rule meant tat we can't fix the ceiling fan on the false ceiling since my ceiling is the typical low hdb ceiling.

Yeah, I don't like fans with lights too. If wiring is a concern, sounds like you have to make some sort of L box.

I saw my opps neighbour installed the white KDK ceiling fan on a false ceiling. The height from floor to ceiling is still quite acceptable. The fan doesn't look as nice as haiku fan though, nothing with "wow" effect.

Do newer units hv higher ceiling? My seller had to remove the fan from the ceiling during inspection for sales, so this rule was something we knew from early on.

Yeah, nothing wow about KDK but it works n I like the remote. Haiku fan has a long stem so can't be used in my place. Its ok lar, when its spinning cannot admire the shape anyway. But if got budget, pretty things are nice to hv for eye candy of course.

--- the current state ---

7041429545_09f2aa83f4_z_d.jpg

6895332744_4c42b1869e_z_d.jpg

7041429825_e2d2bbe289_z_d.jpg

Is the stainless steel pipe badly done?

This is the biggest problem: sink n pipe @ wrong position.

Need urgent reticification.

6895333090_f9d3896260_z_d.jpg

I currently have "meeting contractor fatigue".

--- bought wallpaper online, received bad packaging that ruined the wallpaper ---

Received the package, fragile item handled without care!

6895152736_59ca447ca5_z_d.jpg

Result: crumbled wallpaper

7041251303_4791f12620_z_d.jpg

Another lesson: no online purchase.

As you can't be sure if you can contact the seller to get a refund or exchange.

Bought from popartuk.com

Sucked.

as this is your first reno, at least you learnt a few things lah... next time won't make the same mistakes again! :)

I am sure your home will still be as beautiful as you wanted it to be even though there are minor mistakes. :sport-smiley-018:

6895332744_4c42b1869e_z_d.jpg

Hmm... usually mandrel bends are done on copper pipes as they are more malleable. Due to its stiffness, stainless steel pipes are connected with joints when bends are required. They shouldn't have bent the stainless steel pipe over 90 degrees, a joint should be there instead.

I think most people choose stainless steel for aesthetic reasons, but to be more "leak-proof", copper would be a better choice due to the lesser number of joints.

Do correct me if I'm wrong though...

7041429825_e2d2bbe289_z_d.jpg

This is the biggest problem: sink n pipe @ wrong position.

Need urgent reticification.

6895333090_f9d3896260_z_d.jpg

I currently have "meeting contractor fatigue".

The s/s pipe dont look too good.

Result: crumbled wallpaper

7041251303_4791f12620_z_d.jpg

Another lesson: no online purchase.

As you can't be sure if you can contact the seller to get a refund or exchange.

Bought from popartuk.com

Sucked.

How much you bought this wallpaper from?

It is such a waste. Is it due to the seller mistake in not packaging the item properly?

Perhaps can try to get a refund.

as this is your first reno, at least you learnt a few things lah... next time won't make the same mistakes again! :)

I am sure your home will still be as beautiful as you wanted it to be even though there are minor mistakes. :sport-smiley-018:

Only a short one week Reno so far, we indeed learnt a lot now. Must think positively to maintain a good health n to make wise decision for the rest of the Reno! :yamseng:

Hmm... usually mandrel bends are done on copper pipes as they are more malleable. Due to its stiffness, stainless steel pipes are connected with joints when bends are required. They shouldn't have bent the stainless steel pipe over 90 degrees, a joint should be there instead.

I think most people choose stainless steel for aesthetic reasons, but to be more "leak-proof", copper would be a better choice due to the lesser number of joints.

Do correct me if I'm wrong though...

I don't know what is the usual practice with stainless steel piping. But I didn't see the joint you mentioned with the stainless steel piping @ my current place (not punggol, my new flat). N at this house, renovation was done 8-9 years ago.

The pipe should have been copper in the first place, as the so called quotation stated so.

I told my husband I want to have it to change to copper Pipe now.

Will see how things go.

The s/s pipe dont look too good.

Yeah, doesn't look convincing that this is the norm to me.

How much you bought this wallpaper from?

It is such a waste. Is it due to the seller mistake in not packaging the item properly?

Perhaps can try to get a refund.

We are trying to get a refund. We got it for around $200 including shipping from uk.

The website said abt 100% no quibbles guarantee if for certain reason, refund or exchange need to be made.

Hope that it is true.

For your light problem, I had the same issue as you.

What you can do is a false ceiling but with a recessed centre (circular/square, up to you)

So the blades of the fans will be within the recessed area and the downlights can be fixed on the false ceiling (without the strobing effect). Or you can opt for cove if you are into those kinda look. Furthermore, your fan will be fixed onto the ceiling without actually lowering it nearer to the floor because of fixing it on the false ceiling. :)

No Money Still Wanna Do Reno.

Our inspiration / money saving plan to house deco:

6482236259_776bd6c232_b_d.jpg

We will try to DYI our own jokes on to our walls.

popping by.

OOOoooOOOooooo do it yourself too :good: hope to learn from u too....we got to try save more money from our contractors/IDs.