Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

ok, I am wrong, according to HDB website, HDB technical officer only check for unauthorised renovation works. So it seems I have been mis-advised. I shall go inform my agent WTF his professionalism is about.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Aya, Hmmm for Once I thought Albert is your direct upstair neighbor? He seemed so hot on issue?

Haiz I also hv a leaking issue to spent $ on.. Old hse is really a lot of trouble

Frankly speaking, I think the issue could be the ceiling paint is too thick and the upstairs did not do proper waterproofing or old flat, so flaks of paint come down. My housing agent told me that if the ceiling is leaking, HDB technical officer will notice when checking and will ask seller to rectify before the sale of flat is completed. If HDB technical officer has already seen your flat, it should be fine because if there is a real leak, it should be paid by seller. If HDB technical officer does not think its a leak, then its not a leak.

it's a very minor leak i think. if you didnt look closely u wont even notice it. and there isnt any water dripping.. just water mark. we couldnt verify right now as the toilet floor's water proofing havent dry yet. anyway, dont think it's a very big issue and should be able to settled easily with HDB. thanks for the concern :)

ok, I am wrong, according to HDB website, HDB technical officer only check for unauthorised renovation works. So it seems I have been mis-advised. I shall go inform my agent WTF his professionalism is about.

Hi paladin. I think your agent refers to the HDB officer doing valuation report. We don't remember we see HDB officer going to the house to check before the ex-owner hands us the flat.

The correct proportion is HDB will pay 50%, upstairs will pay 25%, downstairs will pay 25%, regardless of whether poor quality or what.

The flat is resale, ie old house, lets face it. If its HDB defects problem, it will have been discovered and rectified long ago.

btw, the carpenter went to my new flat to do measurement first before Kevin brought him to your house. Cos I heard them say to drop by Serangoon north..haha

when i sign at 2nd appointment,

the officer told me that new regulation is if above leak,above owner will paid all

if me cause the leak,i will paid all

and if the leak from outside the wall,hdb will paid all

Aya, Hmmm for Once I thought Albert is your direct upstair neighbor? He seemed so hot on issue?

Haiz I also hv a leaking issue to spent $ on.. Old hse is really a lot of trouble

Muska! You made me laugh out so loud until my hubby turned to look at me, looking shocked. I saw your house condition, was about to reply your blog.

Aya there is an inspection by hdb officer be4 handover.. He will let owner know what to fix.. Like my old hse, we are asked to fix window stopper cost around $100+ .. then need to submit receipt to town council n hdb. They are strict in this

muska, you missed out even more "hot" stuff being said in another tblog. for no reason, he just like to target me and now even my friends that i know online. so sorry to Aya and Aki for being his target....

i remembered when i was staying at old 3 room flat at amk, the above owner didn't have to pay and neither did my landlord. it was HDB that did it for free leh.... that's why i thought if its HDB bad quality, HDB will pay it.

Hi paladin. I think your agent refers to the HDB officer doing valuation report. We don't remember we see HDB officer going to the house to check before the ex-owner hands us the flat.

my agent refers to the property agent, who claims 1% from the flat's sale. Apparently HDB technical officer does spot such things. See this thread.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27624

it's a very minor leak i think. if you didnt look closely u wont even notice it. and there isnt any water dripping.. just water mark. we couldnt verify right now as the toilet floor's water proofing havent dry yet. anyway, dont think it's a very big issue and should be able to settled easily with HDB. thanks for the concern :)

ya. Sometimes the pipes expand due to heat, so the ceiling paint drops off, not necessarily leaking. See HDB website on leaking. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeMaintCeilingLeaks?OpenDocument

if no water droplets, should be ok. my house also has ceiling paint flaking at some areas.

Oh my God, hope the leaking problem will be solved! Did you notice the pipe was tied with cloth when you first view the flat? Or you just noticed recently?

muska, you missed out even more "hot" stuff being said in another tblog. for no reason, he just like to target me and now even my friends that i know online. so sorry to Aya and Aki for being his target....

i remembered when i was staying at old 3 room flat at amk, the above owner didn't have to pay and neither did my landlord. it was HDB that did it for free leh.... that's why i thought if its HDB bad quality, HDB will pay it.

Maydream, I saw it.. You should ignore his comment.. You are giving us newcomers a lot of good advice.. All of us eagerly waiting to try out the high heel test.. But I'm thinking won't it scratch the homo tiles?

Edited by muska1119

Maydream, I saw it.. You should ignore his comment.. You are giving us newcomers a lot of good advice.. All of us eagerly waiting to try out the high heel test.. But I'm thinking won't it scratch the homo tiles?

muska, a lesson on women's shoes. there are many types of high heels.... all goes by inches, normal women would wear abt 2-3 inches but there are some that likes to wear 4 inches and above. :dribble:

On the part of the heels, there are very sharp slim heels for sexy or bulky heels for better stability. Then on the base of the heels, there could be many different materials.

Cheap heels would have plastic based where you can hear those women walking "clok clok" when they walk. but usually those better branded shoes, the based would be made from rubber, so even though there are sound, usually its more like "plob plob" as the sound is soften by the rubber. since its rubber based, it will not make scratches on your homo tiles. IF the tiles are hollow, then the "plob plob" sound might be slightly different compared to those not hollow. when you walk around, then you will hear the difference. i can't make the sound on here leh... hehehehe....

ya. Sometimes the pipes expand due to heat, so the ceiling paint drops off, not necessarily leaking. See HDB website on leaking. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeMaintCeilingLeaks?OpenDocument

if no water droplets, should be ok. my house also has ceiling paint flaking at some areas.

Old houses' toilet ceiling paint normally peels off a bit, but it is quite common. So far we did not see water droplets on the ceiling, but when people from upstairs flush toilet, we saw tiny tiny tiny bit of water drip out. We will call the HDB tomorrow and see how it goes. We hope the problem is not serious, and if HDB can ask their own contractor to come to our house to jab some sealant on the ceiling around the pipe, that will be a cheaper method than to pay 50-50 for upstairs new toilet.

Oh my God, hope the leaking problem will be solved! Did you notice the pipe was tied with cloth when you first view the flat? Or you just noticed recently?

We didn't pay much attention until last weekend, we saw the cloth missing from the pipe, then we suspect there might be leakage somewhere (maybe the pipe, maybe the ceiling). That's why we asked our contractor to help us check, but now the floor water proofing is still wet, we cannot justify the real cause. We will call HDB tomorrow and see how it goes.

muska, a lesson on women's shoes. there are many types of high heels.... all goes by inches, normal women would wear abt 2-3 inches but there are some that likes to wear 4 inches and above. :dribble:

On the part of the heels, there are very sharp slim heels for sexy or bulky heels for better stability. Then on the base of the heels, there could be many different materials.

Cheap heels would have plastic based where you can hear those women walking "clok clok" when they walk. but usually those better branded shoes, the based would be made from rubber, so even though there are sound, usually its more like "plob plob" as the sound is soften by the rubber. since its rubber based, it will not make scratches on your homo tiles. IF the tiles are hollow, then the "plob plob" sound might be slightly different compared to those not hollow. when you walk around, then you will hear the difference. i can't make the sound on here leh... hehehehe....

I am anxious to try this method, but at the same time I hope no hollow sound heard while testing. (sweat)