Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bento28

Unreasonable Buyer

Really regret selling to this couple!!

They deferred the valuation payment n now refused to pay. The so called "two month" extension is being shorten to one month n still got the cheek to ask for $500/- deposit.

Is there anyway to counter them? really need to invite some ghosts as freebies into the house for these cheapskate couple!!

Haixxxx

Bro if you request for extenstion, PUB will still be under your name, so whats the deposit for? do you have any backup buyer? my suggestion is to continue adver yr unit in the event they refuse to exercise the option.

Also, there are legal ways to delay your transaction for your buying to gain more time for your sales.

so don worry too much

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Iv- thanks,

We tried all ways.. Calling HDB is a daily affair.. And i doubt they would back out on the deal. Think have to endure the period n look forward :)

My first post in this forum.

I couldn't agreed more with lvkov.

Don't give in to the buyer; they are trying to pull a fast one to test how desperate you want to sell your flat so that they could pressure you to reduce the price further.

Good luck....BTW, I just DIY selling my own flat and everything went on smoothly and now waiting for my first appointment.

Bro if you request for extenstion, PUB will still be under your name, so whats the deposit for? do you have any backup buyer? my suggestion is to continue adver yr unit in the event they refuse to exercise the option.

Also, there are legal ways to delay your transaction for your buying to gain more time for your sales.

so don worry too much

Bento:

Is ur agent following up the 4K for u? & what $500 deposit? they r to pay u 4K to exercise OTP. In my view, 2 opinions:

1) They r trying to lower the COV

2) They can't raise 4K and buy time to drag

Therat- thanks

Love- every documentation/process had been done. I have collected the 4k. However when asking for the valuation report the agent kept saying buyer forget to pass him the money and sort.. So defered till recently then refused to pay..

This buyer is one **** **** of ********. Forgive my letter coz really piss off!!

We are currently looking for the changing of first appt or else the buyer will try to eat in into my extension. I have no regret returning the 5k to them and look for a new buyer but HDB rules forbid me for doing so...

therat:

Paiseh. I misread.

Bento:

They don't want to pay for the val report? Really kan bu kai. Normally i heard seller wanna re-val but ur case is unique.

Not really. If buyer is short on cash and the current valuation's expiry is near, they can do another valuation. If valuation higher, then they can pay more from CPF and less cash up front. If valuation lower then reverse, they have to come up with more cash (but unlikely unless you sabo them and trash the flat when the valuer comes :dancingqueen: )

Love- they really kan bu kai!! Headache man!! They really make my "upgrading process" abit of bitterness

Gym- I will not thrash my house.. It still my pre-love.. Lol.. Wouldn't lower myself to my buyer style!!

Not really. If buyer is short on cash and the current valuation's expiry is near, they can do another valuation. If valuation higher, then they can pay more from CPF and less cash up front. If valuation lower then reverse, they have to come up with more cash (but unlikely unless you sabo them and trash the flat when the valuer comes

Gymrat76:

What u said makes sense.. mean we can change the COV amt after placing option fee & OTP? seller muz also agree right? Sorry, am grey in this area.

Love- they really kan bu kai!! Headache man!! They really make my "upgrading process" abit of bitterness

Gym- I will not thrash my house.. It still my pre-love.. Lol.. Wouldn't lower myself to my buyer style!!

Bento:

All sorts of funny type of ppl ard.

last nite, we told the agent we drop our offer, since seller did not honour their word n still wan to fish, will let go. Hb feels no integrity buying from such sellers. Later we are gg to view somemore, hope can get something we'll like and nice seller.

Sidetrack a bit, i cldn't find my thread... what happened?

Gymrat76:

What u said makes sense.. mean we can change the COV amt after placing option fee & OTP? seller muz also agree right? Sorry, am grey in this area.

Once seller give OTP to the buyer.

The price is fix.

Can do 2 ways

1 is indicate the actual valuation value + actual COV in figure. That is when buyer taking the valuation report

In the event when the valuation is not ready.

Either indicate Valuation price + COV (exact figure)

OR

1 whole figure which include the COV price.

If you had agent, the agent should able to advice you on that.

If the agent can't.

Change the agent.

Sidetrack a bit, i cldn't find my thread... what happened?

I manage to find your thread, move it back liao..

Yup therat is right

The price is fixed one you have given the OTP. However, with the prior agreement of the seller, can re-do the valuation to try and reduce his cash outlay. Think they leave out the date of the OTP first (or somethign like that).

I remember cos when we were looking around, this was one of the options explained to me by my agent. We didn't get the unit in the end and went for another unit

Ya, after the price is fixed n being "understanding" that they might be lack of cash so we allowed them to redo the valuation. But with the agreement to pay my valuation report fee. Actually, it doesn't matter how much report they do cox I will still sell them in the Stated OTP price.

But being sincere to close the deal is a disadvantage when dealing with these ppl. Should have make them signed black n white. And all stipulated date!!!!'

A experience learnt!! Wisdom gain

In the event when the valuation is not ready.

Either indicate Valuation price + COV (exact figure)

OR

1 whole figure which include the COV price.

I don't understand, if val report is not out, how agent determine the val price?

The price is fixed one you have given the OTP. However, with the prior agreement of the seller, can re-do the valuation to try and reduce his cash outlay. Think they leave out the date of the OTP first (or somethign like that).

mean agent can re-issue a fresh OTP shld the amt be amended?

Love- the seller need to do a valuation report in order to sell their unit properly

Some case the value rpt is almost expired so the seller have to redo it.

But seller can take a risk to sell on gut feel while waiting to get their value rpt