Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hee, hope that it helps. And rem to post pics to show us k? :D Well, I have a storeroom under the staircase. I prefer not to have too much excess storage, as it will mean more place for junk. :P

If it is junk, throw away. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
If it is junk, throw away. :P

Exactly! That's why there's no need for so much extra storage space in the house. :) But my ILs don't understand this, so it's even better for me to have limited storage, as I can tell them that there's no place to keep and gota throw/donate. :P

hi all,

HAPPY! Will be collecting the keys tomorrow! FINALLY!

cheers,

Congrats! Soon, I will be seeing you around at our estate. Hope to visit your place when it is ready. :)

Edited by sunset way

Do you know anyone who knocked down level one washroom or the kitchen wall facing you as you enter main entrance or even the utility store room? I'm considering these options to open up the apartment a bit.

where do u hang yr laundry btw

Hi jazzfish,

I knocked down original kitchen wall & sink/stove to change the entrance to kitchen from living room & repositioned the sink & stove.

I hang my laundry on the wall in my rectangle balcony, using wall-mounted system. Still keep some bamboo poles for hanging bedsheets, just perched the bamboo poles on the ledge near to the lightings in balcony. Previous owner hang laundry on ceiling in the kitchen but I removed the metal brackets on the ceiling.

Rdgs,

CC

Exactly! That's why there's no need for so much extra storage space in the house. :) But my ILs don't understand this, so it's even better for me to have limited storage, as I can tell them that there's no place to keep and gota throw/donate. :P

Agree with you. The only storeroom I have is under the staircase. I think it's more practical to build floor to ceiling kind of shelve cabinet on 1 side of the wall in either living room or studyroom/guestroom and store away stuff that we don't use often on top shelves. Easier to access them to check what we have too. We tend to forget what are the items we have right inside the storeroom, out of sight, out of mind. :P

Hi All,

Will be going for my 1st appt in 2 weeks time hence am starting to plan the ideal reno concept. Would like to change the existing metal grill stairway to glass. Anyone has any contacts here with contractors for such. TIA!

hi all,

HAPPY! Will be collecting the keys tomorrow! FINALLY!

cheers,

Hey congrates!!! It's today :D Now u're the official owner liao :D

Hi All,

Will be going for my 1st appt in 2 weeks time hence am starting to plan the ideal reno concept. Would like to change the existing metal grill stairway to glass. Anyone has any contacts here with contractors for such. TIA!

PM coffee-o for his contractor's contacts. He's currently renovating his EM and his stairs will be with glass railings.

I am looking into a white theme for my EM, just wondering how long can I maintain the whiteness... :)

I'm having white theme for my EM with a bit of black as I like my place to be as bright as possible since it is north south facing (no morning or afternoon sun shining in). :)

Can I check with you guys about the pros and cons?

Is it better to hack and put in new tiles?

Or just put lamination on top of existing tiles is better?

Have u decided to just lay lamination?

If so, there r 2 ways:

1) like u said, overlay, save hacking $ and leveling $

2) hack and level then overlay.

Otherwise, laying of new tiles allow u to chose what u want, what u like but of course come with a cost.

I'm having white theme for my EM with a bit of black as I like my place to be as bright as possible since it is north south facing (no morning or afternoon sun shining in). :)

I am also looking into black, white and grey theme. Any pic to share? Will be going for my 1st appointment tomorrow!!! :D

I am also looking into black, white and grey theme. Any pic to share? Will be going for my 1st appointment tomorrow!!! :D

Hi huggsss,

My sister adopted black theme for her bedroom & adjoining bathroom (hacked the wall to create direct access from her bedroom to the common bathroom on 2nd floor). Our kitchen is white & grey theme. You can view some photos at the link in my signature.

Rdgs,

CC