Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi All...newbiz here...hoping to join in the EM group soon...just offered 68k cov for a EM at hg....but got rejected...owner still dreaming of 80k dream...really **** greedy...btw this EM only near IMH :jawdrop: ...tml going to view another EM nearby...seller more down to earth asking for 60k..hopefully can deal... :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My COV last yr was 50k......alrdy felt the pinch. My friend recently bought a similar EM from HDB in Hougang.....no COV, n what is even better is that it is a corner unit n can buy recess area.

Your friend is really lucky!!!

Just wondering.. If anyone staying at second floor or ground floor? Any pros cons? We viewed one unit.. Love the layout (gen2 corner) but only thing it's 2nd floor.

My COV last yr was 50k......alrdy felt the pinch. My friend recently bought a similar EM from HDB in Hougang.....no COV, n what is even better is that it is a corner unit n can buy recess area.

Your friend's lucky to get a good ballot number! I find the Sale of Balance exercises to be completely impossible! So many people vying for a chance to select the unit :bangwall:

Hi All...newbiz here...hoping to join in the EM group soon...just offered 68k cov for a EM at hg....but got rejected...owner still dreaming of 80k dream...really **** greedy...btw this EM only near IMH :jawdrop: ...tml going to view another EM nearby...seller more down to earth asking for 60k..hopefully can deal... :rolleyes:

We were previously looking at the Hougang area as well. But you're totally right, the sellers there are all looking for COVs around that price. One even told us 100k COV, no less. The unit wasn't even near the MRT, and was ground floor :unsure:

So we eventually gave up and turned to another area. At least now we have $$ left to renovate the house :P

Hi Potatoes

Could you share how much is HDB direct selling price taking note that there is no COV involved?

Is there any levy if the buyer has already own the first HDB property?

If it helps, you can check out the recent Sale of Balance exercise. I think I saw a few EMs and EAs put up for balloting. They list the prices there. Not sure about the levy though.

Your friend is really lucky!!!

Just wondering.. If anyone staying at second floor or ground floor? Any pros cons? We viewed one unit.. Love the layout (gen2 corner) but only thing it's 2nd floor.

Hi spike doll

Lower floors are more expose to noise and sound especially if is near the drive way, or people walking or talking or kids playing on the void deck areas.

Probably insects or pest could be another concern....

Ground unit could use the plot of soil turf to become your private garden if you are the type whom likes gardening.

During my sourcing for EM units in Hougang, especially those 4 story high block usually don't have the lifts. Some have lifts are from the upgrading process....

Your friend's lucky to get a good ballot number! I find the Sale of Balance exercises to be completely impossible! So many people vying for a chance to select the unit :bangwall:

Yes, I told him that he is really lucky to get his HG unit for less than 500k......zero COV.... Its really a steal!

Hi all, had been reading lots of em reno blog here, thanks for the sharing. I am currently waiting for my 2nd appt (EM in JW) in Nov *can't wait* keke

Had some issues with my ID so now waiting for quote from another contractor. I mus say tat nowadays there are many " self proclaimed" IDs around, they are merely project coordinators!!

Anyway, will be starting my T-blog soon (once everything is finalise). So hope to hear from you guys! :)

I see this thread getting more active now...woot woot! Can't wait for my 2nd appoitment this end october to consider mysekf a fully pledged EM owner...( and to start my own reno blog to share my ren journey...been a silent reader for many months..so thankful to other forummers for the great advise n inputs here)

Talking bout COV, hubby and I almost gave up hope when sourcing for EM. Our preferred area were definitely the east side, namely Tampines or Pasir Ris..considering hubby working place is near and also for a unit near MRT as I prefer to travel by Train to work.. I was disheartened when most of the units we went asking, for COV above $60K and all units requires major overhaul.. so $60K plus reno?? Hubby almost gave up and wanted to settle for a tampines unit who is asking for $60K then.. but unit was fully renovated (designer reno comes with glass railing stairs , WIW etc... ) value + COV about close $700K (jawdrop!!) And unit is only close to one bus stop that only serve 1 feeder bus to interchange?? A no no for me!!! Told hubby let just wait coz i really not keen with the area..we went for a couple of viewing and still these owners asking for $70K above.. hubby told my agent to check with the last owner to see if the designer reno unit is SOLD and to our surprise the owner's agent informed last COV offer was $85K.. so $90K to seal the deal..so for me bye bye to that unit..tho unit is fully reno it is not up to my taste and location wise was totally out of the way for me.We ended up not viewing any units in Pasir Ris as all also asking $70K above which adds up to the unit price above $700K??

Hubby and I were lucky that our last unit viewed was errmm my dream home.. :) as i wanted a gen2 layout because i love the big squared blacony that links the kitchen living room to have that outdoor feel..lucky enuff My agent found a unit along Tampines Ave 5...unit was marketed for close to 6months but it juz like any other EM owners who wanted to sell of with high COV but they do not manage to get a buyer...so owner finally decided to let go @ $35K COV and selling price @ $660K nett..my agent requested for revaluation as it had expired .and lucky us...value when up $5K..so $30K for us for a unit in Tampines Ave 5..personally i think a Super good deal for us!! Unit is @ corridor end with a big space along corridor should there be any function..mid floor with new lifts (lift upgrading..current EM lifts are usually those in the middle of the block) just outside our unit..so i do not have to pass by my neighbour unit to go home...bus stop at the foot of the block..bus links to interchange..and many parts of sg..like geylang (mom favourite,orchard,parkway,harbour front just to name a few..else there's always MRT) initially Hubby wanted to get a private condo but i was not so into the idea due to its small size unit and some othet factors.. so swimming and sports hall? Yes from this EM unit is just a few minute walking distance..the new sports hub is currently in progress next door..upgrading around the vicinity is currently is also in progress...malls within walkin distance and the with the new DTL3 coming in 2016 i think..what more can i ask for.. so yes..just for $30K.. and of course a full overhaul expected ard $70-$80K but to my design ideas n concept ..definitely a super good deal.. happy happy me..

I got my EM via ballot system in March Sales of Balance Flat exercise. I was looking at Alexandra, Bukit Merah, Queenstown, Telok Blangah areas as I work in Alexandra vicinity and my siblings and mum are all living around Telok Blangah.

Like majority of the people, I too feel Sales of Balance Flats in matured estates will be tough but nonetheless, I still throw in $10 to ballot a unit in those areas which I desire. Mind you, at that stage, husband and I were only thinking of getting a 5-room flat as he is used to living in a massive place back in his home country so he made it clear that we cannot ballot any flat that is smaller than 5-room. This has smaller my choice of units in those areas (named above) and then we spotted 2 bigger units - 1 is an EM and one is an EA in Mei Ling street and 13 others 5-room/executive flats zoned under Queenstown. On closing date, there are 126 applicants and I was telling my spouse that, our luck is out! On April 30th, we received an email from HDB saying that our application for 5-room / Executive flat at Queenstown in the March 2012 Sale of Balance Flats Exercise is through and was given a ballot queue number of 1.

Other than stamp duty fee, legal feel to pay the lawyer to endorse legal documents and act on our behalf with HDB (we get bank loans as HLE only approved up to 75% instead 80% of the value of the flat), we pay zero COV.

My EM is G2 layout but it is not high floor but at least we have a place where we can call home! I have enough of leasing a unit from other people which can never give me a real sense of 'home'.

Although it is hard to get a good queue ballot number, it is still possible. Don't give up, you will never know when ladyluck is knocking at your door!

Edited by kooky

Lucky lucky u!!! Yes importantly a place to call your Own!! Awesome!!

I got my EM via ballot system in March Sales of Balance Flat exercise. I was looking at Alexandra, Bukit Merah, Queenstown, Telok Blangah areas as I work in Alexandra vicinity and my siblings and mum are all living around Telok Blangah.

Like majority of the people, I too feel Sales of Balance Flats in matured estates will be tough but nonetheless, I still throw in $10 to ballot a unit in those areas which I desire. Mind you, at that stage, husband and I were only thinking of getting a 5-room flat as he is used to living in a place back in his home country so he made it clear that we cannot ballot any flat that is smaller than 5-room. This has smaller my choice of units in those areas (named above) and then we spotted 2 bigger units - 1 is an EM and one is an EA in Mei Ling street and 13 others 5-room/executive flats zoned under Queenstown. On closing date, there are 126 applicants and I was telling my spouse that, our luck is out! On April 30th, we received an email from HDB saying that our application for 5-room / Executive flat at Queenstown in the March 2012 Sale of Balance Flats Exercise is through and was given a ballot queue number of 1.

Other than stamp duty fee, legal feel to pay the lawyer to endorse legal documents and act on our behalf with HDB (we get bank loans as HLE only approved up to 75% instead 80% of the value of the flat), we pay zero COV.

My EM is G2 layout but it is not high floor but at least we have a place where we can call home! I have enough of leasing a unit from other people which can never give me a real sense of 'home'.

Although it is hard to get a good queue ballot number, it is still possible. Don't give up, you will never know when ladyluck is knocking at your door!

Summersan which part of yishun u bit ur em? I also recently purchased an em at yishun khatib area cov there was quite high i got my em at cov 58k

Hi all, had been reading lots of em reno blog here, thanks for the sharing. I am currently waiting for my 2nd appt (EM in JW) in Nov *can't wait* keke

Had some issues with my ID so now waiting for quote from another contractor. I mus say tat nowadays there are many " self proclaimed" IDs around, they are merely project coordinators!!

Anyway, will be starting my T-blog soon (once everything is finalise). So hope to hear from you guys! :)

Hi fatfatfamily

Congrats !!

Care to share which area/blk of Jurong west you bought and COV paid? Thanks thanks

I see this thread getting more active now...woot woot! Can't wait for my 2nd appoitment this end october to consider mysekf a fully pledged EM owner...( and to start my own reno blog to share my ren journey...been a silent reader for many months..so thankful to other forummers for the great advise n inputs here)

Talking bout COV, hubby and I almost gave up hope when sourcing for EM. Our preferred area were definitely the east side, namely Tampines or Pasir Ris..considering hubby working place is near and also for a unit near MRT as I prefer to travel by Train to work.. I was disheartened when most of the units we went asking, for COV above $60K and all units requires major overhaul.. so $60K plus reno?? Hubby almost gave up and wanted to settle for a tampines unit who is asking for $60K then.. but unit was fully renovated (designer reno comes with glass railing stairs , WIW etc... ) value + COV about close $700K (jawdrop!!) And unit is only close to one bus stop that only serve 1 feeder bus to interchange?? A no no for me!!! Told hubby let just wait coz i really not keen with the area..we went for a couple of viewing and still these owners asking for $70K above.. hubby told my agent to check with the last owner to see if the designer reno unit is SOLD and to our surprise the owner's agent informed last COV offer was $85K.. so $90K to seal the deal..so for me bye bye to that unit..tho unit is fully reno it is not up to my taste and location wise was totally out of the way for me.We ended up not viewing any units in Pasir Ris as all also asking $70K above which adds up to the unit price above $700K??

Hubby and I were lucky that our last unit viewed was errmm my dream home.. :) as i wanted a gen2 layout because i love the big squared blacony that links the kitchen living room to have that outdoor feel..lucky enuff My agent found a unit along Tampines Ave 5...unit was marketed for close to 6months but it juz like any other EM owners who wanted to sell of with high COV but they do not manage to get a buyer...so owner finally decided to let go @ $35K COV and selling price @ $660K nett..my agent requested for revaluation as it had expired .and lucky us...value when up $5K..so $30K for us for a unit in Tampines Ave 5..personally i think a Super good deal for us!! Unit is @ corridor end with a big space along corridor should there be any function..mid floor with new lifts (lift upgrading..current EM lifts are usually those in the middle of the block) just outside our unit..so i do not have to pass by my neighbour unit to go home...bus stop at the foot of the block..bus links to interchange..and many parts of sg..like geylang (mom favourite,orchard,parkway,harbour front just to name a few..else there's always MRT) initially Hubby wanted to get a private condo but i was not so into the idea due to its small size unit and some othet factors.. so swimming and sports hall? Yes from this EM unit is just a few minute walking distance..the new sports hub is currently in progress next door..upgrading around the vicinity is currently is also in progress...malls within walkin distance and the with the new DTL3 coming in 2016 i think..what more can i ask for.. so yes..just for $30K.. and of course a full overhaul expected ard $70-$80K but to my design ideas n concept ..definitely a super good deal.. happy happy me..

Congrats!!!! I feel so happy for you as we'll! That's a steal and not easy to find such low COV for EM now ! Hope I will have such luck too

Like majority of the people, I too feel Sales of Balance Flats in matured estates will be tough but nonetheless, I still throw in $10 to ballot a unit in those areas which I desire. Mind you, at that stage, husband and I were only thinking of getting a 5-room flat as he is used to living in a massive place back in his home country so he made it clear that we cannot ballot any flat that is smaller than 5-room. This has smaller my choice of units in those areas (named above) and then we spotted 2 bigger units - 1 is an EM and one is an EA in Mei Ling street and 13 others 5-room/executive flats zoned under Queenstown. On closing date, there are 126 applicants and I was telling my spouse that, our luck is out! On April 30th, we received an email from HDB saying that our application for 5-room / Executive flat at Queenstown in the March 2012 Sale of Balance Flats Exercise is through and was given a ballot queue number of 1.

so super lucky! congrats! :D