Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Good morning to all.

Luckily gotten my EM, can't imagine how much i will have to pay now.

chronograh.....same same here...i am so blessed to have found my dream home at a reasonable price....comparing the market price now....

although my reno is not perfect but i am happy to have a cosy home...... :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi hi all

hi chrono & virgo,.....ya lor,...lucky i got my hse also,....otherwise, can't imagine how much i need to pay now.

Lately i just checked the hdb resale transaction,...and there's a unit on my same blk,.....sold at $450k!

off-hand i oledi earned abt 100k liao!

so, hope i can sell at 500k in abt 4/5yrs time....keke :)

chronograh.....same same here...i am so blessed to have found my dream home at a reasonable price....comparing the market price now....

although my reno is not perfect but i am happy to have a cosy home...... :dancingqueen:

wah lao.. i read both u and chrono's replies i :~ sia... I now still searching after gana bluffed so many times.. haha..

Btw virgo.. the cov u paid very high leh, still reasonable? :P

hi hi all

hi chrono & virgo,.....ya lor,...lucky i got my hse also,....otherwise, can't imagine how much i need to pay now.

Lately i just checked the hdb resale transaction,...and there's a unit on my same blk,.....sold at $450k!

off-hand i oledi earned abt 100k liao!

so, hope i can sell at 500k in abt 4/5yrs time....keke :)

jessie,

you are the luckiest among all of the EM owners lor....bought your unit at valuation and your reno is low too....but ah! u owe us pictures of your reno..... :dancingqueen:

wah lao.. i read both u and chrono's replies i :~ sia... I now still searching after gana bluffed so many times.. haha..

Don't give up, tot there ain't many out there but i believe u will find your dream EM. Check that there is not many transactions at JW st 41 and also virgo side. But alot at JW st 42.

angel181,

dun think of the cov lah...now the valuation is equivalent to my valuation and cov mah...why you so like dat?

me gonna help you look out for your dream home you know...... :notti:

yahoo... i'm gonna collect the keys to my EM later at 345pm.. its been a long wait. hope it'll turn out fruitful.. contractor gonna come in tomorrow and will most prob start the reno on thursday...

hi chrono - thans for yr PM. btw, how come yr move in date change to oct?

Didn't change my move in date, check out my signature. The date is given by FSM, i will move in alone even if it is not complete whereas my family will stay in my parents house for the time being.

Luckily, my contractor said progress is on the right track should be able to deliver on time.

jessie,

you are the luckiest among all of the EM owners lor....bought your unit at valuation and your reno is low too....but ah! u owe us pictures of your reno..... :dancingqueen:

hi hi

me no go there leh...maybe will go there 2nite lor.

Don't give up, tot there ain't many out there but i believe u will find your dream EM. Check that there is not many transactions at JW st 41 and also virgo side. But alot at JW st 42.

Ya loh.. Sad man. We're looking more to your side and JE st31 there. My hb and I dun wan JW st42.. not convenient leh.. Still tink that u are very very lucky to find ur place :)

angel181,

dun think of the cov lah...now the valuation is equivalent to my valuation and cov mah...why you so like dat?

me gonna help you look out for your dream home you know...... :notti:

Hehe.. mi dun mean aniting when I ask if u still tink ur cov is reasonable la. Dun b angry ok? :P Each pax feels differently & have different levels of reasonable woh. If I got $$ and I find a dream place, I'm sure I'll be like u and juz go for it. Hehe.. good to hear tat ur val has gone up liao!

Hehe.. u reali PT agt liao.. helping ur cousin and mi keep a lookout. TIA! :D

Hi..notice ur signature,ur unit also top floor corner unit...same like mine.. :notti:

ur sqm includes recess area?how much u bought ah?

wen ur reno done..if good..recommend hor..

Ya..valuation increase..my top floor unit..valuation 450k, last few weeks..called an agent about a unit at my future blk to test mkt..she say $480k val,cash 40k :jawdrop: ..its 6th floor corridor..

well EM lesser & lesser but IMHO..EM onli attracts a much2 smaller mkt as compared to 4rm..so harder to sell.

The seller told me the recess area is part of the original HDB design, he didn't have to buy over from HDB. I call it the entrance balcony, since it's within the house compound. The windows of my lower floor bedroom is parallel to the windows of the entrance balcony.

I bought it at $438K, valuation was $400K.

The disadvantage of top floor EM unit is that if the lower floor sewage pipes is leaking, owner has to replace it at own cost, so says the Town Council. They only bear the cost for the upper floor sewage pipe, since the roof top is maintained by Town Council.

Oh one more thing I've learnt is that Town Council is responsible for cracks on ceiling & the sides of the wall that is behind the outer wall of the building, while HDB is responsible for cracks on staircase.

Sure, will recommend my contractor if reno done is good. I went through 3 quotes & selected this contractor which was the cheapest amongst the 3. I know the agony of having to make tons of decisions when renovating house, so would love to share my experience with those who're about to embark on renovation.

As for retail shops, so far all delivered things without much fuss, with the exception of Red Apple furniture & Co'zy bedding shops. In both cases, the salesperson who took my order resigned by the time I called to confirm delivery date. When I called up to confirm delivery date, both companies said the same thing - "we have many orders all rushing for delivery so cannot deliver yours on the date you want, you gave too short notice" (even though it was at least 1 month advance notice, as advised by the salesperson). Don't expect the delivery team or customer service team to follow up with you voluntarily based on the tentative delivery date you put on the invoice, they don't honor based on that tentative date, but WHEN you actually call them to confirm. It's better to call them & give a delivery date & then move that date if you have to.

yahoo... i'm gonna collect the keys to my EM later at 345pm.. its been a long wait. hope it'll turn out fruitful.. contractor gonna come in tomorrow and will most prob start the reno on thursday...

Congrats for collecting your keys. Mine is next Monday. =)

Edited by nath.adrie

I have already completed trnsaction but agent took key for us.. we'll be meeting up on friday with my contractor to inspect the place n decide on final quote for reno. However, I want to make sure that when sellers move out in mid Sep, they will dispose of all the furniture - how can I ensure that? Should I put it in writing? I dont want any of their furniture or appliances and I dont want to incur money to get it of them.... pls advise - thanks.

hi sunset way - i just PM u! pls check yr inbox.

how are the renos so far? as i mentioned, tho' our transaction is completed, owners want to extend stay so we can't move in. Is there a need to inspect the place now? sigh.. The quote I got from my contractor alone is 72k so I really want to cut back.. It's too much for me. Was hoping to stay within 50k if poss.. Plus not inclusive of fittings and fixtures.. so u can imagine how much I may end up paying!

unlike you, we have to do an overhaul - except for parquet flooring on 2nd floor. But as you said, this is my dream place - i am so pleased to have found a unit here. it's quiet and the place is being upgraded so we will have lift landing too. double blessing.

Hi Mrsv,

i can totally empathise with you. My place is very old and needs to be totally revamped too, and i dun have the benefit of a parquet floor on level 2. So far, all the IDs and contractors have came back to me with a quotation of ~55k. This does not include all the box up pippings and other decorative features.

One of my ID have even quoted me 80k and the worst thing is, I like his design the most. haha.

Have anyone used timber strips for their flooring? I totally love the feel of stepping on timber but the big trade off would be cost.