Virgo de Staircase hao Piao Liang~

Even her 3 pendant lamp.. =D

Its her island kitchen that add the finishing top .. =D drool some more

Hehe yupz! Love island kitchens. They're sooo cool. heehhe.. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hehe yupz! Love island kitchens. They're sooo cool. heehhe.. :D

I cant seem to find her pic le.. =(

wanted to post here de =(

fellower EM owners, i am planning to change my stairs railings to glass instead of WI now...the more i see it, the less i like it :(

can anyone share with me the thickness of the glass if you do that for your stairs? and pros and cons besides cleaning and fingerprints? I am not sure if the work will require me to change my parquet on my stirs (hopefully not!).

I did the glass railing c/w with parquet steps for my stair ... alot of work involved ... and my ID underquote me I guess ...

Photo 1: taken from the level 2 landing

IMG_2203.jpg

Photo 2: taken from the living room

IMG_2216.jpg

I did the glass railing c/w with parquet steps for my stair ... alot of work involved ... and my ID underquote me I guess ...

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

YES! it was your stairs that I saw and love it!!! I can't change it anymore unless i have to bear with all the hacking and mess that comes in the bundle :(

Hi Mansionette Owner,

Can anyone advise is it not so safe for kids staying in mansionette compare to normal single level flat?

I can understand your concern as a parent to want to protect your children & let them grow up in a safe environment.

Many kids grew up in landed property with staircase too.

My hubby LL says sometimes the only way to let kids learn how to manoeuvre themselves around something & be steady is to expose them to it.

Just like if we always walk on nice & flat ground, our balancing skill will not be so good.

Walking on rocky or unbalanced flooring can hone our balancing skill, different parts of our muscles are being used.

So generally speaking, the more we climb up & down the staircase, the more steady we'll become.

Of course if you have toddler learning to walk, better to add baby gate as a safety precaution.

So far all the children who came over to my place think it's cool to have a staircase at home :)

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

So nice! Can share with us how much did you spend on this?

Wow..out of town a few days already see such SWEE stairway ! Really nice and cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad already burst out budget for the reno, else will really want to consider.

So nice! Can share with us how much did you spend on this?

wow.. :dribble: nice !!! :good: ..I like it very much... pls share with us how much it cost.. :dribble:

The ID did not really specify the cost in details but quoted us one lump sum at about $8K-10K which I strongly believe it was an under-quoted amount based on my engineering background. There were many works involved:-

- welding and fabrication of the c-channel as the bracket to hold the glass (this is the most time consuming and labour intensive work)

- 13 pcs of parquet wood for the steps

- parquet wood for 2 step landings + the foyer at level 2

- 10mm tempered glass

- wooden handrail

- polishing and lacquering of the parquet

It turns out to be very nice and probably the icon in my home.

The ID did not really specify the cost in details but quoted us one lump sum at about $8K-10K which I strongly believe it was an under-quoted amount based on my engineering background. There were many works involved:-

- welding and fabrication of the c-channel as the bracket to hold the glass (this is the most time consuming and labour intensive work)

- 13 pcs of parquet wood for the steps

- parquet wood for 2 step landings + the foyer at level 2

- 10mm tempered glass

- wooden handrail

- polishing and lacquering of the parquet

It turns out to be very nice and probably the icon in my home.

Hi blownup,

Thanks for sharing, now we have better idea on the cost of a really nice glass & parquet wood staircase. So this is the highlight of your house. My hubby LL said there should be only 1 highlight in the house, or 1 highlight in each room. If we aim to put too many highlights in the house or a room, the look is too busy, overkill. I guess I can appreciate what he said now :)

Rdgs,

CC

Edited by LLCC

Btw, anyone bought Fanco Fans?

Saw 1 feedback on Fanco fan, seems ok but most Renotalk people are talking about Crestar.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20451

Quote vin13: "Fanco is not bad.. using the model: FF9 close to 5 months liao... for us, we usually on the medium speed.. the low speed not useful while high is too high, newspapers starts flying.. maybe we have lower than norm ceiling bah tongue.gif"