Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

are the folks wonder coffee tables separate pieces or combined together one?

oh, they are 3 pieces and it's up to u to move them..as our place is small, we liked having such flexibility. :thumbs up:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

it's from commune at millennia walk..2199 but they have GSS now..if u get the table set it's 1199.. :P

1199 just the table? How much for the chairs then?

Edited by leeking

oh, they are 3 pieces and it's up to u to move them..as our place is small, we liked having such flexibility. :thumbs up:

They are from grafunkt right? How much did they cost do you remember? My place is also small, wondering if we will poke ourselves on the edges of the table keke

1199 just the table? How much for the chairs then?

nono..

the sideboard is 2199, table is 1429. whole set, table with chairs are about 3k plus..

they've some discounts for GSS now..if u get the table set, you get the sideboard at 1199. and probably 5%-10% discount depending on how much you buy i guess..

They are from grafunkt right? How much did they cost do you remember? My place is also small, wondering if we will poke ourselves on the edges of the table keke

yup! from grafunkt.. =)

i really didn't check the prices, it's my husband who likes it and took a picture of them. coffee table at the back of my list due to budget constraints.. =p

the bench was 1.8k..so based on their prices, i guess it should be ard 1k or more. =_=" got 30% discount if u buy like 3k if i rem correctly..

hey thanks for replying, wah like that i also got no budget..sigh..

go look around more ba..i'm sure u can find something you like and within budget..LUSH LUSH has reasonable prices and some nice stuff too..20% discount now. =p

or choose one item to splurge on..for me it's the dining table and sideboard and i buy things according to my 'importance' ranking =)

Hey itsybits,

Good to hear of the commencement of yr reno.. Keep the photos coming in :)

thank you for sharing my joy! :dancingqueen: i'm really excited about it too..will take pictures once we start. :D

go look around more ba..i'm sure u can find something you like and within budget..LUSH LUSH has reasonable prices and some nice stuff too..20% discount now. =p

or choose one item to splurge on..for me it's the dining table and sideboard and i buy things according to my 'importance' ranking =)

ya, but i splurged on quite a few stuff already..haha. will go take a look and see how much I like them in person.. :dribble:

Hi itsybits!

We are also considering wood tiles as we think it gives the house a really cosy feeling, but wouldn't you be worried about warpage of the tiles (as advised by our ID), and seeing that your selected tiles are light in colour, would the dirty grout in future bother you?

Hi itsybits!

We are also considering wood tiles as we think it gives the house a really cosy feeling, but wouldn't you be worried about warpage of the tiles (as advised by our ID), and seeing that your selected tiles are light in colour, would the dirty grout in future bother you?

yar K did warn us about possible warpage, especially if the tiles used is not perfectly straight..we're already choosing the shorter ones 15x60cm..

i guess it's a trade-off because we were very sure abt wooden looking flooring for the whole house (including kitchen)..we considered parquet for whole house as many european homes have parquet even in kitchen and toilets! but everyone advised against it..then we tried to look for alternatives..bamboo looks nice too but it's expensive and also not recommended for kitchen..laminates is strictly no as i don't like the feel when you step on it..vinyl aka waterproof resilient flooring was also out as it's a click system, so wet mops/spills/leaks/rain may seep below the flooring resulting in mould or smell..moreover, i read that vinyl is 'poisonous', especially for kids crawling on the floor..

so bo bian..we're only left with tiles, but at least they do look pretty real nowadays..we were concerned about grout lines but saw a few restaurants/shops who uses such tiles and find it quite acceptable..

so many shops and restaurants have white brick walls and wooden flooring now! :bangwall: husband says, in that case our home is going to look like shops/restaurants :bangwall::bangwall:

Ya I agree... When we are into Reno we started to notice the decor of the shops and restaurants and we saw so industrial and scandinavan theme. But if it's still something you like then I guess u will still feel very happy living in the "restaurant" of ur dream.. Hehe.. Actually some of the shop/restaurant tried to create the cosy feeling so I think that's the importance..

we were also abit worried about that..but we've seen other places doing it, and it looks acceptable to us..since we wanted the wood look, but also want durable and less problems, we chose this..i think the tiler matters..i've seen my contractor's mosaic and tiny honeycomb tiles, he should be able to help us achieve the look ba! :dancingqueen:

I can't wait to see the final product. I also like wood floorings, but I don't like to do special maintenance to the floor. Wood flooring look-alike tiles are really a good alternative option for homeowners who love to have wood floorings but don't want to do special maintenace to the floor.