Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Jumbopanther,

u muz have got a v good bargain for e house. Kaypoh a bit, can pm me roughly what price and where u new place?

Btw, I also doing up my place, starting in 1 oct. Now looking for CCTV quotes. Can you pm me your cctv contractor, how many cams and how much it cost? Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jumbopanther,

u muz have got a v good bargain for e house. Kaypoh a bit, can pm me roughly what price and where u new place?

Btw, I also doing up my place, starting in 1 oct. Now looking for CCTV quotes. Can you pm me your cctv contractor, how many cams and how much it cost? Thanks.

Hi for CCTV, I DIY.

Someone asked how are corner tiles being finished? Some use corner pvc pieces, but personally I think that is unsightly. I prefer how my contractor did, cutting 45 degrees to the edge of the tiles and join the 2 pieces of 45 deg like this:

journeyphoto572.jpg

Someone asked how are corner tiles being finished? Some use corner pvc pieces, but personally I think that is unsightly. I prefer how my contractor did, cutting 45 degrees to the edge of the tiles and join the 2 pieces of 45 deg like this:

journeyphoto572.jpg

Very skillful.. :P:o

Good job :thumbs up:

Post more photos please :dancingqueen:

OK, hope I don't bore you with the builder work details

Preparing the front porch, notice the leveling top up? Contractor puts in the steel wires, this is necessary so that the concrete can be held together firmly by the steel and don't crack easily.

Before:

journeyphoto597-1.jpg

After:

journeyphoto585.jpg

:thumbs up: Hi Bro i am learning as you are blogging, carry on... not boring at all.

OK, since you are interested (impressive ladies), I will continue to blog and share the knowledge I learn.

If you are doing renovation and intend to change the toilet layout on the 2nd floor and above, try to position the WC, the floor trap and shower floor waste properly so that when these pipes connect to each other, they can be in-line and near to the wall. Then you can do a box up below and create as high a ceiling below as possible.

Example: can you see the (starting from left), the WC, follow by toilet floor trap and then the floor waste (hidden behind) all in-line.

Before

journeyphoto196_zps9aa8600c.jpg

After box up, it now appears as if it is a side beam, and therefore can maintain higher ceiling at Level 1 instead of dropping the entire false ceiling. Now can only see the vertical waste pipe connecting to below ground and to the Inspection chamber. This can be covered easily with either, box up, kitchen cabinet etc.

journeyphoto610.jpg

Hope I have not confused you, am trying my best to make it as easy as possible to understand.

Edited by jumbopanther