Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

These few days traveling, now still outstation, but still busy coordinating renovation back at home. Had just re-confirmed the total aircon capacity, qty and locations for whole house.

Guess what, I even provide an aircon in my domestic helper room!

Lucky helper! :thumbs up:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes, drill a lot of holes at regular interval around the hse, this is to form a surrounding barrier all round to protect yr hse. I did it since I have hacked all the tiles for replacement. But having said that, termites may still come from yr immediate neighbour terrace if the did not do protection, so I also do treatment to all my wood inside like the roof truss. If you have seen termite attack which I have seen in another hse, you will be shock. So my advise is to do.

Alamak... but as you said, even if you do the anti termite treatment, if sway sway neighbour's house have and it crawled to my house, then how? Will still kenna right?

Sigh... headache... to do or not to do now...

Alamak... but as you said, even if you do the anti termite treatment, if sway sway neighbour's house have and it crawled to my house, then how? Will still kenna right?

Sigh... headache... to do or not to do now...

Well, 2 schools of thought. As for me, for peace of mind, i did to minimize any possibility termite come up directly from my Hse, if sway sway got ants come from Neighbour, at least I had done treatment to all the woods in my hse

Previously done anti-termite treatment, something that cannot be ignored:

See the drilled holes here? They are where the anti terminte chemical is filled in to create a ground barrier

journeyphoto180.jpg

Anti termite guy drilling holes around my house

journeyphoto183.jpg

Hi, may I know your vendor for the termite treatment? Pm me if not convenient.

Thanks!

I personally 'advised' the plumber's worker how to run the pipe to be more aligned and closer to the wall, so that box-up will not be too big.

Can spot the difference?

Before:

journeyphoto181.jpg

After:

journeyphoto194.jpg

Insulation provided to the floor trap, where the cold air-conditioning condensate waste water flows to. This insulation is added to prevent condensation forming, which may 'wet' the false ceiling in future

journeyphoto414.jpg

Insulation provided to the floor trap, where the cold air-conditioning condensate waste water flows to. This insulation is added to prevent condensation forming, which may 'wet' the false ceiling in future

journeyphoto414.jpg

Thanks for sharing all these important details :)

when constructing extended rc steps, the contractor did not cut corners but insert re-bars before filling with concrete, so that the concrete can be held firmly and not crack easily in future

journeyphoto154.jpg

journeyphoto156.jpg

View from the kids room, full height window frame up.

For the bottom alminium frame, contractor suggested to hack down 25mm from the internal room floor level to mount the frsme. So that any rainwater that splash onto the frame will not overflow and cause water seepage into the room. Brillant idea.

Edited by jumbopanther