Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For renovation, most of the pipes are concealed within the brickwall, and then after plastered over. So in your contract, you may want to specify that the contractors provide the 'as-built' drawings upon completion, this means giving drawings that show exactly where the electrical pipes, water pipes, sanitary pipes etc are laid and their dimension. Why is this necessary? These drawings will be useful especially when doing fitting out works, because carpenter or future reno workers can refer to them and identify their exact location so that they will not accidentally drilled into them.

For me, I do it myself, before plastering,took photos of these concealed works, also measure their distances from floor or walls, from other pipes and sketch them down. Now I know exactly where all my services are routed.

Example:

Before plastering, see all the pipes laid within the brickwall, water pipes, electrical wirings, drain pipes:

journeyphoto354.jpg

After plastering, you can't see the concealed pipes but they are hidden inside.

journeyphoto640.jpg

Hi Jumbopather,

thanks for the information. I will follow suit and take note of the locations and pipes sizes etc.

BIG THANKS TO YOU BRO! :thumbs up:

Hi Jumbopather,

thanks for the information. I will follow suit and take note of the locations and pipes sizes etc.

BIG THANKS TO YOU BRO! :thumbs up:

Don't mention, my pleasure to offer 'little' advice.

Don't mention, my pleasure to offer 'little' advice.

... Though it kind of late for me as I am almost done w my renovation.... :bangwall: really enjoy reading "little advice" ... Haha maybe for my next bungalow Reno :dancingqueen:

My house A&A has not reached sanitary wares installation yet, but i thought just give another 'advice' in case some forumners may want to consider while doing their renovation now: I had specified installing 'mini ball-valves" for my water outlet points, eg wash basin tap, sink tap, etc.

This is good practice so that in future, when there is any replacement of taps, or leaky taps etc, while waiting for repair or replacement, you can isolate this particular tap by closing the mini ball-valves and stop the leaks immediately, while the rest of the house water points can still be used and function as normal, not necessary to shut off the main gate valve at the meter for repair works.

Eg of how a mini-ball valve looks (its not expensive yet useful for long term):

valve6-250x250.jpg

Edited by jumbopanther

Bro, I have checked p wi my contracttor, my water pipes outlets will come with the value.

Need your help, any electrician to recommend?

:help: appreciate it

Bro, I have checked p wi my contracttor, my water pipes outlets will come with the value.

Need your help, any electrician to recommend?

:help: appreciate it

Hi, I have just pm a reply to you.

Checked and realised my existing lightning protection tape was badly deterioriated and it had no more connectivity throughout, so for safety sake, decided to remove them and install new lightning protection tape for my new roof all the way down and earth to the ground, front and back, now can sleep in peace.

Look again at the quality of the new German roof tile.

Presentation1.jpg

Edited by jumbopanther

Checked and realised my existing lightning protection tape was badly deterioriated and it had no more connectivity throughout, so for safety sake, decided to remove them and install new lightning protection tape for my new roof all the way down and earth to the ground, front and back, now can sleep in peace.

Look again at the quality of the new German roof tile.

Presentation1.jpg

May i know who could check ? Electrician or contractor?