Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the big window is really nice! will let a lot of light into the house.

Hi Pinkflower, you are observant too, yes, have extended the window, to bring in more light, in fact, i have used a lot of glass and remove walls in my house in order to bring light to the centre, reason being terrace is usually long and therefore dark in the centre, so one way to brighten up is to make use of glass and remove barriers

Before

carporch4.jpg

After

journeyphoto216.jpg

Learn something new:

Contractor proposed not to do the kerb on the floor tiles, because in long term, due to different material between concrete and tile interface, water in the shower will slowly seep through beneath the kerb and flow to the dry area outside shower.

So they do extra work by laying the tiles with a gap between shower and outside shower, and do the concrete kerb from the gap up. So same concrete and concrete interface will form a closed up barrier to prevent water seepage in long term.

journeyphoto300.jpg

Really a responsible contractor :)

Indeed the other day I was asking a contractor why there is water seepage from the toilet in my condo MBR to my MBR wooden floor .. Same theory like this is given. A concrete kerb should be done under the brick wall between the toilet and room to stop the water seeping through, even though the toilet is well waterproofed and passed the water ponding test.

Previously done anti-termite treatment, something that cannot be ignored:

See the drilled holes here? They are where the anti terminte chemical is filled in to create a ground barrier

journeyphoto180.jpg

Anti termite guy drilling holes around my house

journeyphoto183.jpg

Are there alot of holes for the anti termite treatment?

Do they drill only on the ground floor?

We are kinda hesitating... as we want to keep the costs low thus' if possible, we will not hack away the tiles on the 1st floor...

BUT if we use anti termite treatment, then I think the tiles sure have to change liao... :(

Are there alot of holes for the anti termite treatment?

Do they drill only on the ground floor?

We are kinda hesitating... as we want to keep the costs low thus' if possible, we will not hack away the tiles on the 1st floor...

BUT if we use anti termite treatment, then I think the tiles sure have to change liao... :(

Yes, drill a lot of holes at regular interval around the hse, this is to form a surrounding barrier all round to protect yr hse. I did it since I have hacked all the tiles for replacement. But having said that, termites may still come from yr immediate neighbour terrace if the did not do protection, so I also do treatment to all my wood inside like the roof truss. If you have seen termite attack which I have seen in another hse, you will be shock. So my advise is to do.

Even though there is no leakages in my house, but still decide to change the roof tiles as they are the 20+ years old, concrete tiles which will be brittle throughout the years. Have opted for the more expensive but trusted 'German' tiles.

Before

journey082.jpg

After

journeyphoto189.jpg

Hi Hi,

We have just exercised the option to purchase on our 60 yrs old semiD - single storey last Tue :)

Reno details for landed is sooooo different compared to HDB.

This time, I really dun know where to start :)

Do u mind PM me the price to change the roof tiles?

Tks in advance!

Cheers,

Hi Hi,

We have just exercised the option to purchase on our 60 yrs old semiD - single storey last Tue :)

Reno details for landed is sooooo different compared to HDB.

This time, I really dun know where to start :)

Do u mind PM me the price to change the roof tiles?

Tks in advance!

Cheers,

Hi, 1st of all, u must know what u want yr final Hse to be. R u (1)rebuilding, (2)A&A or just (3) renovation?

These 3 diff works will incur diff cost. Mine is (2)A&A.

Understanding yrs is single sty, if u rebuild, then roof cost will probably be included inside the whole construction, and u probably can use new metal roof instead of the tile roof. If u just want normal A&A or renovation, then change roof tile one for one replacement.

For roof tile, got Malaysia tile (cheaper) or Europe tiles like France, Australia or Germany etc(more expensive maybe 20% more). What u saw in my tiles are from Germany, glossy and smooth type for better self cleansing effect. Understand that Malaysia tiles a bit more rough at surface, so dirt and algae may stuck and grow, making them blacken in a few years.

Hi, 1st of all, u must know what u want yr final Hse to be. R u (1)rebuilding, (2)A&A or just (3) renovation?

These 3 diff works will incur diff cost. Mine is (2)A&A.

Understanding yrs is single sty, if u rebuild, then roof cost will probably be included inside the whole construction, and u probably can use new metal roof instead of the tile roof. If u just want normal A&A or renovation, then change roof tile one for one replacement.

For roof tile, got Malaysia tile (cheaper) or Europe tiles like France, Australia or Germany etc(more expensive maybe 20% more). What u saw in my tiles are from Germany, glossy and smooth type for better self cleansing effect. Understand that Malaysia tiles a bit more rough at surface, so dirt and algae may stuck and grow, making them blacken in a few years.

Hi, having said that, i think there are some Malaysia tiles which are also good. If got budget ocnstraints, Malaysia tiles should do the work too. I have pm you the cost of my roof replacemet. It also depends whether your existing hse is got people stay-in condition or the house is under renovation. The contractor will charge differently due to access, complexity of existing finishes in the house, protection, etc