Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ffdog

My Reno Journey

Been silent reader here past few month, follow thru almost evey recent topic. Thank u very much dear bro & sis, I had learnt alot from u all. Now it's my turn to start a blog to record my renovation journey.

We are so lucky to get HDB balance flat - 4 rm at yishun jade spring. Got our new house key end of march but due to some reason, we just start our reno.

FP below

7002769490_cbd40ddea4_b.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

welcome.... :yamseng:

Thanks ahlipz.

I m following ur "~Beautiful Cozy Simplicity~" also. urs very nice. cant wait to c the end product

ID selection: met more than 10 ID/contractor, below r those I still remembered.

A&D - the 1st ID I met up, no much feeling & reci his sum but not item by item quotation 1 week later, cant compare price.

Idea House - Very disp with him, 2 week after met up still not reci quo, call him no answer, sms him, reci reply 2 days later. Just add up their 2 package for my quot.

Defong - (Mr.Wong), very friendly & knowledge guy, he was alone & busy with other customer when i reached their showroom(no appointment), so as promised, next day he came to my house, spend few hour to explain layout plan and material to use, provided quot on spot.Price is lowest in all quot i reci. viewed his project, workmanship seem good, however that's sample reno so not able to view the design skill. -shortlisted.

SDS - (William) a super star here, very friendly & knowledge guy with fast resp. when we met up, feel he so busy and knowing he had >10 projects on hand, a bit worry he may not able to focus on our project

Ciseern - (Ray) He did my fren project very nice, show on some magazine and even HDB's. however price over our budget.

Home Success - very pushy & price over my budget

Basic Image - another super star here, reci his quot but been told that he will not able to handle my project as overloaded.

Edited by ffdog

ID selection - continue

Urban Design - met a very young guy & got quotation. no feeling.

D'Trenzo - (Nicholas)quite friendly guy, able to quote on spot, price wise also one of the cheapest, view his jade spring project, workmanship and design seem ok. - shortlist

Ideal design studio - got quotation but no chance to discuss the details, price reasonable.

Inside Living - (Orange Tan). Called inside living super star Jessie but she was overloaded so handover to Orange. I m ok for that as I abit worry those too busy super star hv no enough time to spend & focus on my project. After met up, both i & wife feel so conf & relax to talk to her. whatever idea in mind we just talk to her, then she l expl the good/bad & propose. Viewed her bedok & bishan project, all of us like the design and workmanship r very nice.

Denias contractor - Recom by punggol fren. Know they did a lots of punggol projectt. Got quotation from them but not so cheap (even higher than Defong & D'trendzo)

Plush Living - (William) quite friendly & Knowledge guy, follow up quite offen, price reasonalbe. viewed. his SK project. I m ok with him & want to sign with him but wife dont like.

In the end, sign up with Orange Tan from inside living.

Sign with her not only becos reasonable price (not the cheapest) but slso the good service she provided.

She able to find the way to help us save cost, for exa when i told her the wall paper she quote me quite exp, she search the design fr taobao.com then ask me buy directly, then i just pay few hundred $ for installation.

My reno had started 2 week and so far very happy with her.

sorry for my long long story & losy english. I l try my best to upload more pic to talk.

Share my 3D drawing

Shelter

7340813096_e898775011_b.jpg

Kitchen side1

7340821468_f7dcf35733_b.jpg

Kitchen side2

7340821664_303d653678_b.jpg

I make some changes last minute. asked ID exchange side 1&2, so hob & basin will face living rm to save table top work space

Living area

Want black/white theme. will remove the 2 display box on tv wall.

7340831470_e5ee89e56b_b.jpg

Dinning area

7148773947_bbbcf2956d_b.jpg

Will turn the dinning table to another dir.

For the mirror wall, id proposed clear mirror with black deco sticker but i prefer black mirror.

Bro/sis, any suggestion?

Clear mirror will enhance in making the room bigger and brighter vs a black mirror.

That is my humble opinion

Thx for ur adv.

Clear mirror but without the deco sticker?

Thx Septh

Wa, now vote clear 2:0 black.

I though black mirror l nicer as it creat more modern feel?

Hi ffdog,

I also viewed the jadespring from Dtrenzo Nicholas. Its beautiful. I've engaged his services after viewing and i am very happy with his services. U may like to see the pictures i just updated. My house is finally done quite some time already.

I hope u have engaged a good ID too.

By the way, Nick has left his company to do on his own. He makes sure he complete everything in my house b4 he quit. best wishes to him.

I remembered the Jadespring unit, the kitchen is using sliding door because i tested it and i used it at my own house. Its more expensive than a swing door but its more practical due to the layout of my kitchen. I notice u use the swing door instead. Won't the door be blocking part of your kitchen cabinet at all times? Why you didn't use sliding door instead? it is seriously a bad idea and quite unsightly when it is open.

Hi bizkid76, Thanks for ur comm.

Glad to hnow Nick start his own business. I felt quite soory shortlist but didnt engaged him in the end. Wish all the best to him too.

For the kitchen door, I forgot to mention its another +point for my id. U r rite, sliding kitchen door more practical but more expensive. all quote i got>1k include fr my id. Tat's why the 3d drawing showing swing as i want to save cost. ID suggest me to find my own glass contractor as i hv quite nos. of glass/mirror work. In the end id managed to find another source to lower down the price (700++). so it will be sliding door.

Read thru ur pic, cong ur smooth and very nice reno done up. I wish my end result be good too.