Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dreamzgal

Sincere Seller

Hi folks,

I have recently started to do house-hunting and also selling my own house.

I have encounter seller that back-out after accepting offer, take their own sweet time to consider the terms & conditions and keep on changing viewing appointment. I understand that to arrange for viewing appointment amidst our busy schedule is difficult but if you are a sincere seller, you'll find time to accomodate.

As day passes by, my heart start to sink. :bangwall:

I'm a sincere buyer who is hoping to meet the right/ sincere seller.

Thanks for "listening" :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi folks,

I have recently started to do house-hunting and also selling my own house.

I have encounter seller that back-out after accepting offer, take their own sweet time to consider the terms & conditions and keep on changing viewing appointment. I understand that to arrange for viewing appointment amidst our busy schedule is difficult but if you are a sincere seller, you'll find time to accomodate.

As day passes by, my heart start to sink. :bangwall:

I'm a sincere buyer who is hoping to meet the right/ sincere seller.

Thanks for "listening" :rolleyes:

Hi dreamzgal, dont be disheartened. Buying a flat will really takes time and a bit of luck. I also tried to do house-hunting on my own but I often encounter those property agents are using pyscological tactics to get buyers to commit. I was lucky to meet a nice property agent who is patient and persistent to look an ideal unit at the area I want. In the end, I engaged her to sell my flat. We negotiated her agent fees and I am so glad I met an understanding agent. Maybe you want to consider getting a property agent help instead. Wish you gd luck!!

Edited by rumrum

Hi dreamzgal, dont be disheartened. Buying a flat will really takes time and a bit of luck. I also tried to do house-hunting on my own but I often encounter those property agents are using pyscological tactics to get buyers to commit. I was lucky to meet a nice property agent who is patient and persistent to look an ideal unit at the area I want. In the end, I engaged her to sell my flat. We negotiated her agent fees and I am so glad I met an understanding agent. Maybe you want to consider getting a property agent help instead. Wish you gd luck!!

Thanks, Rum Rum. :D

We are working with an agent now.

Just that we didn't get to meet a sincere seller even though we are willing to meet the seller asking price.

Things are moving slower than I expect.

How long does it take for your to find a house?

Thanks, Rum Rum. :D

We are working with an agent now.

Just that we didn't get to meet a sincere seller even though we are willing to meet the seller asking price.

Things are moving slower than I expect.

How long does it take for your to find a house?

Buy from auction. hammer down - means no parties can back out

Buy from auction. hammer down - means no parties can back out

Bro, we are in the era of "efficient market" - everybody gets same info.

Buyer can default payment and declared bankruptcy, then hammer Up and Down again, so?

"Early birds got worms eat" theory bo chun liao, now can at night does "advance booking", scary right?

Edited by bepgof

Bro, we are in the era of "efficient market" - everybody gets same info.

Buyer can default payment and declared bankruptcy, then hammer Up and Down again, so?

"Early birds got worms eat" theory bo chun liao, now can at night does "advance booking", scary right?

actually true.

If anyone wants sincere seller, all the buyer need is to have the right amount or more $$$ ..the seller definitely become trufully sincere.

I agree that everyone wants the best offer for themselves!

It's all about whether the seller is sincere in selling.

They wanna accept the monetary offer but can't compromise on other terms and conditions! I think it's fair to say that if we have given in on the monetary terms that they have require, they should also be open for discussion on terms and conditions.

Sigh :dunno:

Edited by dreamzgal

Guess luck plays an important part. Wish you all the best. Don't give up.

Thanks, Minerat.

I'm keeping my fingers cross and hope everything will go through smoothly.

nowadays there are many sellers who are just simply testing the market and not sincere about selling at all.

Unless someone comes along with an incredible offer then they will consider selling.

Some heard stories of 80k-100k COV and they are also still in that dreamland (such market don't exist anymore unless it is a super grade A unit).

Some are misled by their so called 'agents' about the high value they can expect to fetch, leading to a mismatch in expectations

Agents in their role are also doing their job by helping the seller sell at high price.

The market has definitely slowed down lately compared to 1 year ago. Units that usually take 1-2 weeks to sell are now taking 2-4 months to sell. Some even cannot sell at low COV.

It is surely a buyer's market now. You are the buyer and the money is in your pocket. Never be rushed into making a decision or be disappointed over a lost chance. If you have time at your side, be patient and I'm sure you will find your dream house soon.

i also got played out twice by sellers before this time.

My agent and us filled up the OTP form and getting ready to meet seller at their convenience to pass them the 1k. Just 10mins before they told us not selling.

2nd time is when we are going to meet the buyer. From 30k COV raised to 35k, me and wife ok and they decide to raise to 37, abit pissed off liao but cause wife love the unit dan come the next best thing. They will sign the OTP only if we agree on 41k COV. Wifey got so angry that she tore the OTP infront of the owner. 1 week later they called us back to agree on 30k cov but wifey told them to fly kite.

Current seller house very pretty and nice. We signed the OTP at 30k cov for a 5 room flat in the east.

Alot of funny sellers and agents around. Jia you sister

Thanks, Bro and Congrats on getting a unit that you like.

We all want the best deal for ourselves but must be reasonable de.

How can they keep on increasing the COV!

This is our 2nd unit facing "not-so-easy-to-handle" seller.

My situation now is seller has accepted our offer but considering on the terms. To make matters worst the valuation is expiring & in the midst of doing re-valuation. If the valuation goes up, I guess the seller might ask for more COV. Sad to say, "Gentleman Agreement" does not exist anymore :furious:

I can only hope that everything goes well as there are factors that we can't control but can only try our best to solve/overcome it :dunno:

Edited by dreamzgal

ya lo. agree liao ti ti increase COV until the end dan call us back say can agree on initial agreement. Was dam pissed off lor. That time i was represented by another agent from DWG.

Until i met my current agent. he brought me to the flat that i am in process. He managed to help me press the cov to 30k which me and wifey was comfortable. Although my sellers are abit on the quiet side and don talk much but at least they don come out all sort of pattern.

So many pattern see also sianz

ya lo. agree liao ti ti increase COV until the end dan call us back say can agree on initial agreement. Was dam pissed off lor. That time i was represented by another agent from DWG.

Until i met my current agent. he brought me to the flat that i am in process. He managed to help me press the cov to 30k which me and wifey was comfortable. Although my sellers are abit on the quiet side and don talk much but at least they don come out all sort of pattern.

So many pattern see also sianz

Happy for you that you have met a nice agent and find a nice unit. :yamseng:

I'm also starting to wonder whether is it the "chemistry" between us & Agent not working well :(

Negotiation of price & terms should be done between both Buyer & Seller Agents as they represent us and should know our requirements clearly. If Agent has a sense of "arrogance", then they won't pull down their face to negotiate. I can only keep my fingers cross that my agent is doing what he's suppose to & follow-up dilligently on the unit that we are keen in.

It's tiring to keep on asking the Agent whether this or that has been done, he should be doing the follow-ups and updates. :furious: