Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ck35

My New Mini Jumbo Flat

:)

The problem is the design. What will you do with this flat if you are me? I need all 4 bedrooms so none can be compromised. I"m thinking of moving bedroom 2 to beside study/bedroom and then make the kitchen an open concept one. what do you think? Please give me some ideas if you can :)

Edited by ck35

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:)

The problem is the design. What will you do with this flat if you are me? I need all 4 bedrooms so none can be compromised. I"m thinking of moving bedroom 2 to beside study/bedroom and then make the kitchen an open concept one. what do you think? Please give me some ideas if you can :)

Hi ck35,

First of all, Welcome to Renotalk!

Wow there can be many different designs you can play around with. I would say moving bedroom 2 is okays. In that case you will have a sleeping area, more quiet, and an entertainment area.

You can have walking wardrobe and platform bedding for the master bedroom which i've done for a houseowner. If you would like a open concept kitchen, then maybe can make it into a mini bar counter or can be a kitchen island with dining area at the original bedroom 2. You can have a relac corner as well at the balcony area.

Mind sharing where your new home will be at?

Oh and your home design also depends on your family members whether you have kids and how old they are and elderly;)

Happy Renovation! Have a smooth sailing one!

Cheers,

Jaskel

Hi There

Thanks for the ideas. The balcony (to transform to relax corner) and turning bedroom 2 into dining area with an island in between is also in my mind :)

Except for the master bedroom with platform and walk in wardrobe. Where exactly will you put the walk-in wardrobe? I do not want to sacrifice the window. My friend suggested putting at the area outside the bathroom but that means the windows will be gone and the room will be dark.

I love lots of lights in the house and this house is very bright bec of the many windows so I want to let the lights in without blocking any.

My new home is at Tampines, it is a combination of 2 3-room flat, which is done by the government, not individual. The few blocks in this area consists of 3 rooms or mini jumbos like mine.

adidaem

Thank you for introducing me to T-blog. It's very interesting! I will start one so i can share my reno process with the members here. I love looking at beautiful houses and won't mind to share mine :)

The guide on how to post photos was what I read before posting my floor plan in this forum. Unfortunately only the link appeared but not the picture. I wonder what I did wrong :(

ck

Forgot to highlight my family members staying in the house. My 2 boys aged 16 and 18. The 18 year old loves reading and is quiet..the 16 years old wants a platform bed and he always has many friends popping by for gaming. We are also staying with my mom who is 64 years old and prefers to keep things simple.

Hi ck35 congrats on your jumbo flat...

I was wondering what you plan to do with the hugh living area space since u r using bedroom 2 for dining? Perhaps a gaming area for your boy?

Just a suggestion, the dining could be a formal room and linked up with the kitchen as a partial see through... It really depend on your style of living.

Cheers

Hi ck35 congrats on your jumbo flat...

I was wondering what you plan to do with the hugh living area space since u r using bedroom 2 for dining? Perhaps a gaming area for your boy?

Just a suggestion, the dining could be a formal room and linked up with the kitchen as a partial see through... It really depend on your style of living.

Cheers

Hello there, thank you for your suggestion.

The kids are now 18 and 16 respectively and I think they'll prefer to stay in their own room for gaming, especially it's the first time they are going to have their own room :) But the suggestion is cool!

I am planning to hack down the wall and do an island from the kitchen and then use bedroom 2 as dining, with a wall of bookshelves. I love books. My kids love to read too :)

Well done uploading the images. The flat looks quite nice

Thanks for the compliments. I hope it will look even better after I changed the layout :)